The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Anyone suggesting any players should be released, traded off or loaned when we’re sitting at 24 (22 healthy) + Hannah on loan is mental. We need another CB or two, preferably fast, a striker and another keeper. At that point, I’d say Montagu is a possible loan…Gibson I’d much prefer playing with us. We want the gaffer to have options to play with, and he needs time to try things out.

I can assure you I'm not mental, it my opinion and if that differs from yours, then tough, granted some players who need released cant be, due to the length of contract they're on

Collins interview is up and he looks f**king raging. 

Our away form is beyond awful so far this season our home form is better but it's been helped by two 1-0 wins both thanks to (deserved) penalties. 

It's the same squad of players (in fact we've upgraded our defence) as last year so they are clearly capable of much better than what we're getting at the minute. 

2 different managers yet today reminded me so much of the opening day at Airdrie, started brightly played decent football couldn't get a goal then fell away until the inevitable. 

Talk of a mass clear out may be premature. However that's 2 managers not getting performances from them and highlighting the same issues then maybe the squad is the issue. 

We still don't know how much of the signing policy is down to the manager and how much is down to "the structure" in place. 

Hopefully this abortion of a season doesn't knock onto the crowd on Wednesday night for Ross Matthews. 

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Not sure if its telling or not that we have no post match interview. Has Collins used that time to rip into his players and keep them in the changing room?

Post match interview is there for all to make of things as they wish.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Anyone suggesting any players should be released, traded off or loaned when we’re sitting at 24 (22 healthy) + Hannah on loan is mental. We need another CB or two, preferably fast, a striker and another keeper. At that point, I’d say Montagu is a possible loan…Gibson I’d much prefer playing with us. We want the gaffer to have options to play with, and he needs time to try things out.

Nothing mental about it. 

A lot of players simply aren't performing. 

Where do we go from here until Jan ?

4-2-3-1  is the most logical formation but leaves Hamilton isolated. 

3-5-2 leaves Connolly, Mullin, Gibson (and when Stanton is back) Easton out the team. It also requires a 2nd striker.

Any one got any idea of a formation that would get this squad shots on target ? 

I wasn’t there today, but it sounds like we had zero shots at goal, which is very much a recurring theme. 

I’ll give Neill Collins the benefit of the doubt, in that he was just sticking up for his players, but him saying he’s fine with his forward options is an absolute nonsense. 

In terms of recruitment in general, it’s incredible how much we’ve regressed, and the fact all the weak points in May still haven’t been addressed in October is a complete shambles. 

As it stands, theres six teams who could challenge the top four and four who are in bother, and we’re very much in the latter. 

Heard rumours about how much better Collins is compared to Murray so would be good to see it soon. 

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Easton scudded the crossbar early doors.

It was a belter of a shot, a foot further out and it'd be goal of the season stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Raith2711 said:

Where do we go from here until Jan ?

4-2-3-1  is the most logical formation but leaves Hamilton isolated. 

3-5-2 leaves Connolly, Mullin, Gibson (and when Stanton is back) Easton out the team. It also requires a 2nd striker.

Any one got any idea of a formation that would get this squad shots on target ? 

Could still do 4-4-2 ..

Easton/Pollock and Connolly/Mullin on wings. Smith up top with Hamilton. Brown and Matthews/Byrne in centre mid. Back 4 picks itself....Hamilton needs legs around him to run in behind to his flick ons..

16 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:Heard rumours about how much better Collins is compared to Murray so would be good to see it soon. 

In what way? 
Would be good to get a warm fuzzy feeling that changing manager has had some benefit. 

21 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I’ll give Neill Collins the benefit of the doubt, in that he was just sticking up for his players, but him saying he’s fine with his forward options is an absolute nonsense. 

In terms of recruitment in general, it’s incredible how much we’ve regressed, and the fact all the weak points in May still haven’t been addressed in October is a complete shambles. 

Pretty much this. How we are at October and have actually regressed up front in terms of options is a disgrace. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but that seems a bit nonsensical.

You want us to sign another two centre backs so we'd then have 5 on the books and another as cover in the form of Liam Dick.

You want us to sign another keeper even though we have two that are fit and Robbie whom I'd imagine would register as a player if required. I know KB isn't great but is he the reason we arent creating chances and scoring goals?

And only then (presumably with a striker added) would you consider loaning out Montague who is neither a keeper, defender nor actually a striker? 

As you say a striker is needed, and imo that is the glaring hole in our squad, along with a creative midfielder in the absence of Stanton. I don't see how bolstering the squad with 2 centre backs and another keeper would be of any benefit in our current demise.

30 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I wasn’t there today, but it sounds like we had zero shots at goal, which is very much a recurring theme. 

As it stands, theres six teams who could challenge the top four and four who are in bother, and we’re very much in the latter. 

Heard rumours about how much better Collins is compared to Murray so would be good to see it soon. 

You’re certainly consistent with your snipes at Collins, things have been off for a while, do we think if Murray was in charge still it would be better? Rot set in a while ago and recruitment was poor in the summer,

10 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

You’re certainly consistent with your snipes at Collins, things have been off for a while, do we think if Murray was in charge still it would be better? Rot set in a while ago and recruitment was poor in the summer,

Have seen nothing from Collins yet to suggest he’s improved us. Thought he’d stopped the rot after last week, but today was so dreadful that now even that’s in doubt. 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Collins interview is up and he looks f**king raging. 

Our away form is beyond awful so far this season our home form is better but it's been helped by two 1-0 wins both thanks to (deserved) penalties. 

It's the same squad of players (in fact we've upgraded our defence) as last year so they are clearly capable of much better than what we're getting at the minute. 

2 different managers yet today reminded me so much of the opening day at Airdrie, started brightly played decent football couldn't get a goal then fell away until the inevitable. 

Talk of a mass clear out may be premature. However that's 2 managers not getting performances from them and highlighting the same issues then maybe the squad is the issue. 

We still don't know how much of the signing policy is down to the manager and how much is down to "the structure" in place. 

Hopefully this abortion of a season doesn't knock onto the crowd on Wednesday night for Ross Matthews. 

A mass clear out is what’s needed, the same players that failed against the second worst team in the Premiership, f**k sake we didn’t lay a glove on them. Then we nearly got our collective arses handed to us by a team that just survived being punted from the Scottish league. If anyone thinks Collins was first choice as manager needs a reality check. I used to get really angry after a defeat. But these days I’m just expecting it.