The New Raith Rovers Thread

According to FanTalk, our signing will be Damien Casalinuovo, who is Dundee Utd's new Argentinian signing. He will apparently sign until Christmas and then we will get Kev Smith back.

Didn't he just dislocate his shoulder?

Guest Dunc?

A dislocated shoulder shouldn't do a massive amount of damage to a footballer. Maybe a week to 10 days before you can get back on a treadmill or an exercise bike to keep your fitness up properly, and no more than 2 weeks before you can get back into training properly. The only problem is that if you don't leave it for long enough and fall on it, you can do it again fairly easily.

bryce has done well in his short time on the pitch so far and maybe he does deserve a shout, however how can you tell from bloody leeds

ps saying in previous posts that maybe mcglynn should be sacked is just ridiculous

pps hope the swine flu clears your thinking :D

Updates mostly, from what i gather Bryce has been a bit of a sensation. Anyway i didn't say that McGlynn should be sacked, he'll be judged by the BoD's this season, not everything escapes their attention.

Jeez, these drugs are really strong. I should lie down :wacko:

Bryce hasn't been a sensation, but he's done enough from what I've seen to deserve his chance.

You see the part in my post that say's "bit of a" because McGlynn will be using him as a bit part player, thus meaning he would rather prefer using youth's from SPL teams rather than home grown talent. I'm amazed Jimmy Lindsay isn't going off his nut.

Edited by ARoverinLeeds

You see the part in my post that say's "bit of a" because McGlynn will be using him as a bit part player, thus meaning he would rather prefer using youth's from SPL teams rather than home grown talent. I'm amazed Jimmy Lindsay isn't going off his nut.

I agree 100%.

There will be outrage from me if he brings in someone of same age as Bryce from an SPL team, someone who will not give the same effort as our own signed youngsters.

In saying that, if it's someone early 20's who is on the fringes of an SPL squad then that is slightly different.

We could do with another forward in the squad anyway. Thereafter I obviously want McGlynn to judge players on their merits, if I thought for a minute he was judging them by some other criteria and favouring and SPL striker over a homegrown player just because they were from the SPL then of course I'd be annoyed. I've not seen any reason to suppose he'd be that daft.

We could do with another forward in the squad anyway. Thereafter I obviously want McGlynn to judge players on their merits, if I thought for a minute he was judging them by some other criteria and favouring and SPL striker over a homegrown player just because they were from the SPL then of course I'd be annoyed. I've not seen any reason to suppose he'd be that daft.

There is a plethora of strikers waiting to be snapped up, ok maybe plethora is a bit strong but there is players out there with a degree of talent looking for clubs. I'll name 2

Steve Lovell, too dear i know, but we have to speculate that little bit due to increased gates this season, Ok i'm being speculative about that ;)

Simon Lynch, a player i'd have at Starks. Good pedigree, knows the 1st division etc.

I liked Pantene's counter post, about bringing in a striker who is the same age as Bryce, this is hardly fair on our own player. The fact that he has produced some quality and isn't showing fear, McGlynn simply will not feature him as a starter, i think the boy deserves a chance.

Hislop would never have been good enough for this level. People may argue that Tade isin't either, but he doesnt have a scooby about playing up-front yet McGlynn insists he will be our main striker. Then we have Williamson going on about wanting to play up front, and yet Mcglynn will be using him out wide this season. Obviously I appreciate that McGlynn knows what he is doing but some of the decisions regrading team positions just baffles me. I know he was successful with Wilson moving to right back, but he can't do it all the time. What next, Laurie up front in the next game with Tade in defence?

Would be a good signing if it is the Argie striker. Plus point is that he is an unknown quantity and therefore be a senation up front, and the negative point obviously being that he could turn out to be another Denis McGlaughlan.

Would be a good signing if it is the Argie striker. Plus point is that he is an unknown quantity and therefore be a senation up front, and the negative point obviously being that he could turn out to be another Denis McGlaughlan.

The nationality is different but it might well be the same...to quote Renton last year regarding Juan Guerrero: "He is Spanish...he must be good". :ph34r:

The nationality is different but it might well be the same...to quote Renton last year regarding Juan Guerrero: "He is Spanish...he must be good". :ph34r:

I want it noted that I was being sarcastic and only said that after he'd failed miserably in his appearance vs Ayr.....

Again last night was horrendously lacking chances. tade continually got in behind the Killie defence however our midfield could not keep pace to get in the box behind him.

Bryce will be a cracking asset to have coming of the bench but him leading the line is definitly not the answer.

Argintinian you say.

I can see the thinking behind Bryce as an impact sub, but if he's to make a success at the club, we're going to have to start him sooner or later.

I don't think there is a better time for doing so than when those currently ahead of him in the pecking order aren't producing the goods.

Again last night was horrendously lacking chances. tade continually got in behind the Killie defence however our midfield could not keep pace to get in the box behind him.

The midfield would be able to keep pace if Tade was played there, his correct position. I'm convinced of that!

He bursts forward when played up front? No-one is with him.

He bursts forward from midfield? Players are in front of him.

You see him playing up front when opposition defence are covering and he doesn't have a sense of positioning. This is crucial for a successfull striker. However, if he's bursting through from midfield then this causes panic in a settled defence.

I wish McGlynn would see this as a better option than the passive/aggressive guy who's first on the teamsheet.

Edited by pantene proV

I really see no reason as to why McGlynn should have kepy Hislop? He's completely past his best and would have died in Division 1.

If memory serves me well, he scored 2 goals when he returned last season, one against Stranraer and of course that absolutely vital goal against Stirling, apart from that he was pretty poor and looked out of his depth often.

I wish him best of luck at Arbroath but in this case, I think McGlynn made the right choice.

Iain Davidson on the other hand... ;)