The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think a lot of people have more trust in John McGlynn and the directors. McGlynn recently said that he wasn't keeping Gethussi on as he didn't want to place undue pressure on the clubs financies and by having such a small squad already (with many part-time) it suggests that we are not taking any risks any more. Sims has also come out and said that we have agreed with the bank to restructure our debt repaiments so will no longer only be paying interest.

The club just seems more positive these days which gives the impression that, as a whole, we are actually doing well.

I think a lot of people have more trust in John McGlynn and the directors.

That there no doubt

McGlynn recently said that he wasn't keeping Gethussi on as he didn't want to place undue pressure on the clubs financies and by having such a small squad already (with many part-time) it suggests that we are not taking any risks any more.

It could also be read the other way that the clubs finances are bad and to keep Gethussi would add further pressure

Sims has also come out and said that we have agreed with the bank to restructure our debt repaiments so will no longer only be paying interest.

With respect Simm said that years ago and is that the Simm that nobodys heard from or has seen in a few years?

Sorry for the negativity but until theres an AGM nobody outwith the board room can verify our financesl

Edited by Robbo

Well, the good news is that what little I could see of the pitch (the covers were down over most of it) looked fine when I passed the ground in the train today.

The bad news, is that it's snowing again mad.gif . I can only hope we don't get a big freeze overnight, otherwise it's safe to say that the game will be off. That would just be typical, and would also reduce the gate receipts on account of refunds quite significantly. Even if the pitch is playable, we'll still have Fife Police's nanny state squad to contend with.

Well, the good news is that what little I could see of the pitch (the covers were down over most of it) looked fine when I passed the ground in the train today.

The bad news, is that it's snowing again mad.gif . I can only hope we don't get a big freeze overnight, otherwise it's safe to say that the game will be off. That would just be typical, and would also reduce the gate receipts on account of refunds quite significantly. Even if the pitch is playable, we'll still have Fife Police's nanny state squad to contend with.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2482?area=KY2

According to the forecast, the freezing conditions are gone tomorrow. Hmmmm

I would be IRATE if the game was off on saturday

Please let this game go ahead. as already said it would affect the attendence dramatically. Hopefully the game is on this sat!

get the covers down and get forking that bad boy!

Mon The Rovers!!!

I would be IRATE if the game was off on saturday

Please let this game go ahead. as already said it would affect the attendence dramatically. Hopefully the game is on this sat!

get the covers down and get forking that bad boy!

Mon The Rovers!!!

Covers are down but was told that its hard underneath

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Mark Campbell will be the last Rovers player ever to miss a game because of a car-crash related injury, because they'll have invented teleportation booths by the next time we play a game...

At this rate Campbell will be back before we play our next game...

Well, Ayr's game at home to Airdrie has fallen too, and I feel that's the best thing for us at the moment. I know they're still a wee bit behind us, but the more games they play (and win, which the should've done tonight) while we're sitting twiddling our thumbs. Obviously we'd still have games in hand, but they're no substitute for points on the board, and I feel that if we end up with too many, the pressure could prove too much.

Well, Ayr's game at home to Airdrie has fallen too, and I feel that's the best thing for us at the moment. I know they're still a wee bit behind us, but the more games they play (and win, which the should've done tonight) while we're sitting twiddling our thumbs. Obviously we'd still have games in hand, but they're no substitute for points on the board, and I feel that if we end up with too many, the pressure could prove too much.

Yup agreed. Couldn't have asked for a better situation regarding the Ayr v Airdrie game, which they'll hopefully end up drawing, whenever it does get played.

What Raith fans on here have any sort of connection with the club?

I'm going to keep being an arse about this Grant Murray thing that's been discussed on the Dundee v Raith thread over on the cup forum. For those that haven't seen it, my original post here: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/123984-dundee-v-raith-rovers/page__view__findpost__p__4250468

and SD's this morning confirming that this error (if indeed it is) has happened before: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/123984-dundee-v-raith-rovers/page__view__findpost__p__4283610

(Thanks again to SD to checking it over for me.)

I daresay the club know what they're doing with suspensions and stuff - we're not the Pars after all - but I'm just slightly concerned that the club website (in its match report on the Aberdeen game) also said that Murray would be suspended for the Dundee game, and that they haven't replied to my mail about it.

Does anyone have any appropriate contacts within the club to whom they can make a discreet enquiry and set my mind at rest that they have had this checked and are aware of the situation? Thanks. I'd hate us to do the opposite thing and end up not fielding a player because we thought he was suspended when he wasn't.

Gordon Adamson works at my work, I could ask him if he can provide any contact details and PM you ?

Try the Office, I'm sure Bob Mullen works in there during the day and I'm sure its something you can bring up with him ?

What Raith fans on here have any sort of connection with the club?

I'm going to keep being an arse about this Grant Murray thing that's been discussed on the Dundee v Raith thread over on the cup forum. For those that haven't seen it, my original post here: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/123984-dundee-v-raith-rovers/page__view__findpost__p__4250468

and SD's this morning confirming that this error (if indeed it is) has happened before: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/123984-dundee-v-raith-rovers/page__view__findpost__p__4283610

(Thanks again to SD to checking it over for me.)

I daresay the club know what they're doing with suspensions and stuff - we're not the Pars after all - but I'm just slightly concerned that the club website (in its match report on the Aberdeen game) also said that Murray would be suspended for the Dundee game, and that they haven't replied to my mail about it.

Does anyone have any appropriate contacts within the club to whom they can make a discreet enquiry and set my mind at rest that they have had this checked and are aware of the situation? Thanks. I'd hate us to do the opposite thing and end up not fielding a player because we thought he was suspended when he wasn't.

I do kinda Yoss and apologies as I said previousy that I would give Starks Park a phone but totally slipped my mind

Anyway,have just phoned Starks and spoke to JD and explained the concerns/debate/discussion regarding GM suspension and have now forwarded all relevant info regarding this which they are going to look into..They will let me know the outcome

Edited by Robbo