The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think Wilson should be kept at right back, with Murray and Campbell in the central berths. Ellis at left back. We are sound definsively when Bertie plays at right back, but I can't see him getting forward enough. This is more suited to Wilson. If Dyer impresses going forward during pre-season, then he might get in ahead of Ellis. Let's not forget young Kevin Brown who looked like he had played their all season, albeit playing in basically a meaningless game against QOS.

Hill for me would therefore drop to the bench. With Bert turning 35 next season, although he is really fit, it would make sense for McGlynn to change the defence about from time to time, without disrupting the harmony of the squad.

McNeil for me is a decent signing, although I haven't heard much about him. Hopefully he develops a good relationship with McGurn and provide decent competition for the number 1 jersey.

With Baird to come in, that leaves maybe 2 or 3 more positions to cover. Like others have posted, another left winger and a striker would be ideal.

McGlynn looks like he is trying to build a decent team from the back. The less goals you concede, the better chance you have of not losing. Now we just need someone who will give us that bit of consistency up top and bang some goals in.

The back of the Press today is positive reading. SPL within 3 seasons. A realistic target in my opinion. It also mentions that the directors want to see some progress from the youth academy and see some players blooded into the first team. Hopefully some of the players who have the potential can break through either this season or next.

Good spot. laugh.gif

Wonder how long we'll be waiting for the baird transfer to be confirmed?

From the Fife today website.

My link

ROVERS first two signings of the summer have been confirmed.

The club have captured left back Willie Dyer from Brechin City, and goalkeeper Andy McNeill from Montrose.

Dyer (23), started his career at St Johnstone before moving to Glebe Park in 2008. Former Hibs goalie McNeill (23), has won international caps at under 20 level. The club is expected to confirm Airdrie striker John Baird (24) as its third new signing within the next week or so.

Is Chris Numbers SERIOUSLY suggesting that:

a) We shouldnt be trying to sign Kevin Smith (not that I think we will/can, but thats not the point)

and

b) Gregory Tade could be the answer to our "20 goals a season" striker woes.

That forum beggars belief sometimes.

Is Chris Numbers SERIOUSLY suggesting that:

a) We shouldnt be trying to sign Kevin Smith (not that I think we will/can, but thats not the point)

and

b) Gregory Tade could be the answer to our "20 goals a season" striker woes.

That forum beggars belief sometimes.

I think Chris should take advice from Abraham Lincoln...

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

He also suggested a few seasons ago that Lee Bryce was our 20 goals a season striker.

On another thread somebody claims that Paul McManus is the ex striker that we are trying to sign! :lol:

Edited by Willie Gray Ate My Hamster

I think Chris should take advice from Abraham Lincoln...

He also suggested a few seasons ago that Lee Bryce was our 20 goals a season striker.

On another thread somebody claims that Paul McManus is the ex striker that we are trying to sign! :lol:

I dont care how good or how well he was playing, he can get to feck. Every time.

Edited by CALDERON

It's silly stuff that annoys me the most about FanTalk. Stuff like Rory McAlistair's name being spelled "Mccallister" three times in a row, by different people, and he shouldn't be being discussed anyway, because he signed a contract with Brechin a couple of weeks back, which is common fucking knowledge!

Also, the posts of "raith12" make me want to stab myself in the face, but I'm presuming that the "12" is genuinely his age, so I'm willing to cut him some slack. At least he's interested.

Also, the posts of "raith12" make me want to stab myself in the face, but I'm presuming that the "12" is genuinely his age, so I'm willing to cut him some slack. At least he's interested.

His name is Colin and I believe he's in his 30's and he has some kind of Learning disability.

But yeah I struggle to read his posts as well & I tend to skip over them (as I do with most fantalk posters to be fair)

They're all obsessed with a "20 goal a season striker". They realise we only scored 36 last season, right? You don't go from that, to having one specific player score more than 50% of that tally very easily.

And that's quite aside from the fact that only one striker in the league scored 20 or more goals last season (Rooney), and he played for the side that won it. Teams that finish lower mid-table very rarely have a prolific striker, and if they do they aren't with that side for very long.

Same people complain we have no creative midfielders, slate Sloan for doing "nothing but setting up a few goals" and would prefer someone who "gets about the pitch".

I hate that place. I really do.

They're all obsessed with a "20 goal a season striker". They realise we only scored 36 last season, right? You don't go from that, to having one specific player score more than 50% of that tally very easily.

And that's quite aside from the fact that only one striker in the league scored 20 or more goals last season (Rooney), and he played for the side that won it. Teams that finish lower mid-table very rarely have a prolific striker, and if they do they aren't with that side for very long.

Same people complain we have no creative midfielders, slate Sloan for doing "nothing but setting up a few goals" and would prefer someone who "gets about the pitch".

I hate that place. I really do.

Yep I've been trying to point that out to them but have given up! :lol:

I seen that Kutski was given a warning a few weeks ago for using the word "Christ" My link That's the problem with letting people with Christian values run a forum...

Totally random but been looking on the Forfar website and they have 6 former Raith players playing for them

My link

They have a very young and athletic team!!! :lol:

His name is Colin and I believe he's in his 30's and he has some kind of Learning disability.

But yeah I struggle to read his posts as well & I tend to skip over them (as I do with most fantalk posters to be fair)

He does have a learning disability which is why some people should actually sit back and think before trying to take the piss out of folk they obviously don`t know on forums.For all those that criticise fantalk on here it would appear many seem to visit and read whats posted and no doubt some actually post

Last time Raith had a '20 goals a season' striker we got relegated. Nacho Novo.

Beware false profits....

The '20 goal a season' striker is one of the two top laziest most brain dead cliches ever trotted out on Fantalk. The other of course being the 'we need a creative midfielder', it's as if a lot of these people sit facing the back of the south stand on a saturday, or are simply so clueless that they have no understanding of how football works outside of Pro Evo.

i try not go on fan talk very often, Il sometimes get a bit bored and go on, 10mins later I usually come off with a combination of the constant inhouse fighting between people and the ratio of 1 good post to 5 bizzare ones