The New Raith Rovers Thread

"[I've only seen Baird a few times, but in each game he's pretty much always asking for the ball and if he doesn't receive it, he doesn't always bollock the other person for not passing to him, I just get the feeling he doesn't like to see an opportunity missed."

He did mention in his interview he was a bit selfish in wanting the ball and that Tade was not . Goal scorers always what the ball !!

Of course he does, if Baird thinks he's in a better position its obvious he'll want the ball. It kinda makes a change having a striker who wants to actually go for goal, don't you agree?

I never noticed the exchange of views with Simmons, but certainly his issue with McBride was more than just. McBride just pick the ball up, kept his head down and just ran down the wing and then lost possession, while Baird was ahead of him to his right in acres of space. Baird's rant was more than justified.

I've only seen Baird a few times, but in each game he's pretty much always asking for the ball and if he doesn't receive it, he doesn't always bollock the other person for not passing to him, I just get the feeling he doesn't like to see an opportunity missed.

Your avatar is fantastic!

Your avatar is fantastic!

It happened by pure chance. I clicked on the recent post match interview on raithroversfc.com and it buffered on that exact image. My natural instincts kicked in and my finger dived for the 'PrtSc' button and it was immediately pasted on MS Paint. :)

Taken this from the Raith vs Partick thread so as not to hurt the delicate Partick fans who seem to get distraught at Rovers fans discussing their team. As it stands, I'd probably say Baird for the simple reason that he doesn't always head towards the goal yet still appears to be an excellent finisher. Smith was fantastic, no doubt but I think with the service from midfield and an energetic front line involving Tade, Baird can get the '13 goals' we are hoping for.

Just an observation: with all the Fife teams playing in the Kingdom in a fortnight's time - ie our derby with Pars, the Fife v Peterhead at Methil and Cowden at home to QOS the SFL have moved Cowden's game to the Sunday.

Just thinking if they can only attract 300 fans for their opening day in the First Division (481 - County fans) the SFL obviously think it'll be one Fifer and a dog and a dozen doonhamers if played on the Saturday.

I'll be entirely honest when I say I've never been impressed with Williamson. I can't think of coming away from a game and thinking 'Williamson had a really good game today'. Whether that's down to him not being suited to the wing or not is up for debate. In actual fact, I'm not sure even he knows where his best position lies.

I've said all along Williamson lacks the attributes to play out wide; he's slow and he's far too easily nudged off the ball. He's not a skinny runt either, so it's very frustrating to see him constantly out muscled. His positional sense is abysmal too - far too often he'll drift inside, leaving the full-back completely exposed. Finally, we arrive at his habit of being posted missing for large parts of the game. This is something Stephen Simmons is accused of a times, but Williamson is by far and away far more culpable for it than any other member of the team.

It's a poor reflection on last year's squad that he was our second top scorer. When you look at it that way, it does seem very odd that I'd choose to deliver almost never ending criticism at his doorstep. However, he is posted missing far too often, frequently performs poorly and in my opinion, we would be far better removing him from the starting XI.

Still not?

Anyway, here's a question for everyone. I just had a quick look to check what the date was last season when we had a player reach the giddy total of three league goals. Any guesses?

Anyway, here's a question for everyone. I just had a quick look to check what the date was last season when we had a player reach the giddy

total of three league goals. Any guesses?

December 07?

Anyway, here's a question for everyone. I just had a quick look to check what the date was last season when we had a player reach the giddy total of three league goals. Any guesses?

December 07?

Your out by a couple of years there.....

Well I took him to mean December 7th.

Anyway, it was 9th March, when Tadé scored against Ross County. Baird has just pipped in slightly quicker this season.

My birthday aswell how could forget that. Yeah it was ment to be December 7th but I now see I worded that terribly.

Does anyone know about a player called kev brown?

i've been told there are scouts from all over watching him even though he has only played one or two first team games. he plays left back i think, but is equally capable in midfield.

the guy i was speaking to says he has the potential to be a key player for scotland in the next 10 years.

Does anyone know about a player called kev brown?

i've been told there are scouts from all over watching him even though he has only played one or two first team games. he plays left back i think, but is equally capable in midfield.

the guy i was speaking to says he has the potential to be a key player for scotland in the next 10 years.

He played left back in 1 game last season near the end (Queen of the South at home if I remember right)

Looked very composed on the ball, and wasn't afraid to get forward. He also go stuck in. The game was meaningless mind you, but he coped very well. However if the guy in question said he would be key for Scotland in the next 10 years, why did John McGlynn wait over a year to sign Willie Dyer on a free from Brechin? :lol:

The latter part indicates, JMcG still thinks he isin't ready just yet for the full team.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens over the course of the season, and he might be unearthed at some point in the season. Either that or a team comes in for him with some money.