The New Raith Rovers Thread

Imagine creating next to nothing against Montrose Arbroath Morecambe East Fife and Southend.

Arsehole

Remember last season? People were touting us for relegation after losing 5-0 to Dundee United days after getting put out the Challenge Cup by Cowdenbeath. Feel free to tell me how that one turned out. :rolleyes: Preseason counts for f**k all. People said Tade was going to be shite after he first signed due to a poor preseason. I'm not saying our players are going to guarantee success, but come on!

Imagine creating next to nothing against Montrose Arbroath Morecambe East Fife and Southend.

Arsehole

Well we were the better team against Arbroath, Montrose and East Fife and created numerous chances in each of those games. I suppose you were one of the guys that have been shouting "get it forward" or "wir shooting THIS way!" yet probably moaned at the long ball antics last season.

Mcglynn is getting the team playing a different style of football, that will take time. The last thing we need is the morons starting before the season has.

A Raith Rovers midfielder being unpopular/dividing opinion? :o

Please, Ding Dang Doo; say it isn't so. :(

Edited to add - beyond the sarcastic remark which displays my lack of surprise, my own impression from watching him against Morcambe was that he would take over from Simmons/McBride as the player the fans got on the back of.

That's mostly because he is a CM being played out wide.

Edited by Michael W

Didn't manage to get along today but my mate who's a Dundee fan was there for both games. He said Hamill was the pick for the usual "boo boys" this afternoon at half time.

Anyone hear/see this?

Wasnt there today but there was some p***k behind me who was getting at the whole team, but giving Hamill and Williamson particular treatment. Was a total arsehole.

Anyway, I'm not worried about lack of goals or anything, cos pre season is glorified training.

Lets look at a selection of results from the 2004/05 pre season.

Huntly - D 3-3

Berwick - L 3-1

East Fife - W 3-2

Gretna - W 0-0 (on pens)

Stranraer - W 1-0

Dundee United - D 1-1

Rochdale - L 2-3

Look at that, 11 goals and 3 wins.

The team then went on to be the worst Raith Rovers side in living memory. But hey, we did well pre season!

Although lets entertain our wee East Fife neighbours. If pre season means so much to them, look at that. Claude Anelka's Raith Rovers teams were one of the biggest laughing stocks in Scottish Football history. An absolute joke team filled with lads who actually couldnt play football. A team that were run ragged by a 400 stone Mark Yardley. A team that defied belief.

AND THEY STILL FUCKING BEAT EAST FIFE :lol:

The team then went on to be the worst Raith Rovers side in living memory. But hey, we did well pre season!

Claude Anelka's Raith Rovers teams were one of the biggest laughing stocks in Scottish Football history. An absolute joke team filled with lads who actually couldnt play football. A team that were run ragged by a 400 stone Mark Yardley. A team that defied belief.

But they managed to score 11 goals, while the present team struggles to score two, and youre defending them!

So why wasnt East Fife, who couldnt beat them not also one of the 'biggest laughing stock in Scottish football history', or Gretna, Stranraer or even Dundee United who couldnt beat a team of players who couldnt play football? You dont have do some slavering.

Its the logic of some of you lot on here thats a joke.

Edited by Big Berk

Not that you've deleted parts of that and subsequently removed the perspective that the post was providing, of course.

For what it's worth, I'm a little concerned with the way pre-season has gone. However, as the above post is supposed to highlight, pre-season results are no reflection of how the season will pan out. The fact that Anelka's duds actually managed to chalk up a few wins is the perfect example to back this up.

OK, if you think it makes any difference to the argument:

Wasnt there today but there was some p***k behind me who was getting at the whole team, but giving Hamill and Williamson particular treatment. Was a total arsehole.

Anyway, I'm not worried about lack of goals or anything, cos pre season is glorified training.

Lets look at a selection of results from the 2004/05 pre season.

Huntly - D 3-3

Berwick - L 3-1

East Fife - W 3-2

Gretna - W 0-0 (on pens)

Stranraer - W 1-0

Dundee United - D 1-1

Rochdale - L 2-3

Although lets entertain our wee East Fife neighbours. If pre season means so much to them, look at that. Claude Anelka's Raith Rovers teams were one of the biggest laughing stocks in Scottish Football history. An absolute joke team filled with lads who actually couldnt play football. A team that were run ragged by a 400 stone Mark Yardley. A team that defied belief.

"But they managed to score 11 goals, while the present team struggles to score two, and youre defending them!

So why wasnt East Fife, who couldnt beat them not also one of the 'biggest laughing stock in Scottish football history', or Gretna, Stranraer or even Dundee United who couldnt beat a team of players who couldnt play football? You dont have do some slavering.

Its the logic of some of you lot on here thats a joke."

As I said, the intelligence and dual standards of a certain clique on here...

Edited by Big Berk

"But they managed to score 11 goals, while the present team struggles to score two, and youre defending them!

Fuckin ell...your a right bundle of laughs you are....sure you would not rather be on Fantalk.....go on, they will love you...

It does make a difference. Before we start, remember the overall nature of Calderon's post: pre-season counts for nothing.

Your opening line was a clear shot at the present team for having a bad pre-season. The lack of goals is a legitimate concern, but trying to insinuate that Anelka's mob scoring a lot of goals pre-season as a poor reason to defend the team is a bit daft. It's pre-season - it means nothing.

You then ask why other teams who lost to/couldn't beat Anelka's mob aren't also laughing stocks. As above, it's pre-season - it means nothing. That's why they aren't also laughing stocks.

Complaining about the logic of other people whilst completely ignoring the context of the post also makes you look a bit silly when you start complaining about the intelligence of others.

Chill oot Big Berk, man!

None of us know how the season will pan out. We all just jump on the Raith Rovers rollercoaster and enjoy the ride.

When I'm made out to be stupid by people like Hank Scorpio, Calderon and RRFC 2711 for expressing simple opinions I'll show any intelligence thats out there where the stupidity lies.

When I'm made out to be stupid by people like Hank Scorpio, Calderon and RRFC 2711 for expressing simple opinions I'll show any intelligence thats out there where the stupidity lies.

Your doing a great job in the "stupid" stakes yourself......you sure your OK...take a chill pill.

Hey Rangers only just won a game ( vs diddy Linfield ) and they are SPL champs . I guess the board needs some banter this time of year as we really can't wait for the real thing to start !

By the way any word on Raith TV happening ? I would love it as I live in Canada . Seeing quality on Saturday mornings would be awesome