The New Raith Rovers Thread

I was saying just yesterday we should have a look at his as our Baird replacement. Clearly had ability but perhaps not the physique with us. I imagine there'll be competition but certainly someone we should be looking at IMO.

I've just had a wee look, and according to Wikipedia (yeah, I know) Fez has more than twice as many league goals as Graham Weir does (58 compared to 28) in just three more games (250 compared to 247)

You can use statistics to prove anything, but if you'd never seen Graham Weir play, you'd wonder how he ever managed to get a game for any club, nevermind forge a career in the game!

Weir is certainly an enigma. The season we won the 2nd division he was excellent. He chased every ball, linked well with the other strikers and scrored loads of goals. Then he stepped up a level and looked utterly lost.

Weir is certainly an enigma. The season we won the 2nd division he was excellent. He chased every ball, linked well with the other strikers and scrored loads of goals. Then he stepped up a level and looked utterly lost.

He's never really been the same since his injury and you never know if that goal up in Dundee had been allowed in the cup he may have started scoring again.

A striker hasn't scored for three years, and you're trying to claim mitigation for having had one wrongly disallowed two years ago?

I think you'd agree that' a bit of a reach, even by p&b standards.

A striker hasn't scored for three years, and you're trying to claim mitigation for having had one wrongly disallowed two years ago?

I think you'd agree that' a bit of a reach, even by p&b standards.

I wasn't aware he hadn't scored a single goal since leaving Raith :huh::unsure:

Christ that's pretty bad!

He has scored for Stirling I believe..?

I don't think so. We're fast approaching the 3 year anniversary of his last goal...

I can still remember some people saying we should have kept him. :lol:

As for Ryan Wallace - We'll leave that as a rumour for now. What I will say is that he has scored a barrel load of goals this season and deserves a chance at a higher level. I thought he looked like he had some ability when he was here, but he was a complete shitebag and drifted out the game too much. Maybe that had something to do with McGlynn punting him on the wing, though? He's doing well enough being played up front, albeit at a lower level.

I do think a player like him will be what we aim for next season, and he would be an archetypical McGlynn signing. No complaints for me if we do go back to bringing back some PT players - that's what we should be doing to keep ourselves within budget.

He has scored for Stirling I believe..?

Nope not a single goal for since he left his record is woeful i didn't think he was this bad but the stats don't lie

2000–2006Hearts68(6)

2006→Queen of the South (loan)15(2)

2006–2007Queen of the South28(1)

2007–2011Raith Rovers115(19)

2011-2012Brechin City12(0)

2012-Stirling Albion9(0)

There are defenders with a better record than that

Edited by Rovers lad

Some sources show him having scored for Stirling, there was a goal incorrectly credited to him by the Press Association on the day.

(Aptly enough, the goal was actually scored by .... Mark Ferry.)

Didn't his goal drought start around the time he got married?

Yep, his wedding was the same day as the play off final, thankfully we won the league anyway, IIRC his last goal for us was at the end of the season atHampden against Queens Park, some strike it was too.

Part time is the way to go it makes total financial sense having 3 or 4 full timers in the mix won't hurt things either.

What does a full timer do anyway. They only train a couple of hours a day (and not every day either.) Judging by watching the team they don't practice corners, throw ins or free kicks. They don't do any community stuff except for the odd occasion. I've seen the team at the local gym were they piss about for an hour. They don't even know how to use gym equipment. They are supposed to be professional sportsmen!

Our crowds aren't large enough to sustain full time football anyway. Having a small , full time squad has been our problem this season. Players have been able to play badly knowing they will still be in the team the following week. Hopefully we can have a mix next season and a bit more competition for places. And some more wins.

^^^Agree 100%^^^

Being full-time is like waving ur pecker about in the showers. If only more chairmen were less interested in saving face & more in tune wit planet earth....(yes that's you Mr Yorkston)

I'd sign Mark Ferry back in a heartbeat. Great player who was wrongly left out of the team for too many games (much like McGurn being replaced by McNeil but thats a different story).

Anyone know if we have any chance of keeping Jason Thomson for next season? He has slotted perfectly in at right back.