The New Raith Rovers Thread

He lost all rights to be regarded a Rovers legend when he screwed us over and moved to Dundee Utd the day before the season started.

Either Dazza or Coyle for me. I'd pick Dazza and then have Coyle specially honoured separately on same night.

Just wondering is there going to be a 2000's pick as well? Can't think of too many that could even be mentioned

In his defence, I've heard a version of the story which puts the club in a bad light.

1345811904[/url]' post='6559900']

Did anyone see the 6 candidates from the 90's put forward by the FFP for the Rovers hall of fame?

It is obviously a difficult period to pick 6 players from but I found the nominations quite surprising.

They were:-

Shaun Dennis; Dazza; Jock McStay; Ronnie Coyle; Sinky; and Paul Browne ( :huh: )

Notable ommissions included Mickey Cameron, Jimmy Nicholl, Peter Hetherston and Craig Brewster.

I think Ronnie should be made a hall of fame member regardless of the result of this.

I would have to vote for three players as I rated all three of them when I used to venture from Burntisland on the bus to visit Starks park, so my three would be in no certain order dazza, Ronnie & sinky.

There is software you can buy to do it properly, but it's not cheap as you can see here. You'd probably also need a pretty high spec computer to make it work. I'm happy enough with the quality I'm getting doing it my way.

Next up is the first Fife derby from the 99/00 season, a 2-2 draw at Starks Park:

"Morton made a £100,000 bid for Dargo, which was turned down. I'm sure the Raith fans are thankful for it"

Changed days.

Cleaning out cupboards recently and came across a box full of old Raith videos, it's mainly stuff that either myself or one of my older brothers had recorded from Scotsport/Football First back when the first division highlights were shown on TV on a Sunday morning.

I've decided to convert them to digital form in order to preserve the footage long term, and I'll be sticking some of the more memorable games on YouTube so they can be enjoyed by others as well.

I'll post a link in here every time I upload a new video, first up is:

From the same season I'll also be uploading our late win away to Hamilton which kept us in the first division, and maybe a couple more. The following season saw us challenge for promotion under Peter Hetherston and there are lots of good games.

Hopefully brings back a few memories for people.

Great stuff.

That Falkirk steal was totally undeserved but all the better for it. I was right in line with the winner going in. I just remember the mayhem in the stands and a guy collapsing. He was taken away in an ambulance but thankfully was ok.

The millenium derby, I know I already have it on YouTube but this is better quality than the other one.

2 more videos to come from the 99/00 season, a dramatic 2-1 defeat by St. Mirren and of course the 2-0 win away to Dunfermline.

That the one with two late goals, the second of them coming after Burns got clattered?

I remember being a bit angry about that one at the time.

(By the by, as for Brewster "screwing us over" - was he not out of contract? In these post-Bosman days he'd have gone for nothing and we'd have thought nothing of it. )

That the one with two late goals, the second of them coming after Burns got clattered?

I remember being a bit angry about that one at the time.

That's the one, video doesn't show the foul on Burns but it does show some bizarre goalkeeping by Guido van de Kamp and a wonder strike by Junior Mendes.

I remember my school got some free tickets for that game so we all got dumped in the corner of the Main Stand. To make matters worse, they put the fucking bugler in there alongside us.

The late goals really didn't help an already poor experience.

That's the one, video doesn't show the foul on Burns but it does show some bizarre goalkeeping by Guido van de Kamp and a wonder strike by Junior Mendes.

Not watched the video yet but I'm sure when we took the lead there was only about 5 minutes to go. It was ridiculous that we then managed to lose the game.

Our Challenge Cup match away at Partick will be live on BBC Alba. :lol:

Sunday 9th September, 4:05 kick off. Don't imagine there'll be much of a Rovers support bothering if the game is on TV. First time we've been live on telly since, what, 1996? Midweeker away at Celtic that I seem to recall watching on Sky Sports?

Sunday 9th September, 4:05 kick off. Don't imagine there'll be much of a Rovers support bothering if the game is on TV. First time we've been live on telly since, what, 1996? Midweeker away at Celtic that I seem to recall watching on Sky Sports?

Thats actually fantastic for me, its the girls birthday that day and I am away with her family for a meal which starts at 8 and I wouldnt get back in time for, now I can watch it with her old man and a few beers :)

Not watched the video yet but I'm sure when we took the lead there was only about 5 minutes to go. It was ridiculous that we then managed to lose the game.

Yeah I remember that game well, how the hell we contrived to lose that is beyond me.

Fucking brilliant :lol:

Would be a surreal experience wathcing us on tv rather than at the ground, and with the game being in Glasgow, I have no excuse not to go.....

I think with the game being sandwiched between two Scotland games away support would have been down anyway..Now,even less