The New Raith Rovers Thread

Ideally I would keep McGurn, Laidlaw, Donaldson, Mensing, Ellis, Thomson, Spence, Graham, Clarke and Cardle.

I can't see Mensing, Graham or Cardle signing up so that leaves only 7 players seeing in next season with us.

The rest either don't perform often enough, or just don't perform full stop.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Would like to see McGurn, Mensing, Cardle, Spence and Graham stay. But realistically we'll probably keep McG and Spence. The rest can leave. If Bert leaves, i'd go for Ian Murray.

I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday, and because i'm older than most of you, i'm not a modern liberal. I just like to see us win, more than we have been lately.

Cardle will leave regardless, but we need to resist the temptation to centre the team around him. That's what that lop sided 4-4-2 was all about against Thistle and Hamilton and it was unsurprising that we improved massively when we bothered to play another wide midfielder on the other side.

Even G. Anderson is a doubt for me. He can be great going past opposition players for fun, but then he seems to lose the plot and can't decide whether to shoot of cross (or at least that's how it looks sometimes) and makes an arse of the final ball.

His final ball can be poor, and his confidence seems to have went at Stark's Park particularly in the latter half of the season, but ask yourself where we'd be without him. He's a must-keep for me regardless of his inconsistency.

Would've thought delivery should be something that can be coached into him....

Edited by Paco

Would like to see McGurn, Mensing, Cardle, Spence and Graham stay. But realistically we'll probably keep McG and Spence. The rest can leave. If Bert leaves, i'd go for Ian Murray.

I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday, and because i'm older than most of you, i'm not a modern liberal. I just like to see us win, more than we have been lately.

If your as old as me, you would remember Dumbarton as a Premier League team.

As for who we keep, it will be down to whether we are f/t or p/t

with regard to p/t, the issue is geography, we lost west cost based players to Dumbarton because of this. So might be time to look closer to home for players and help reduce our expenditure on travelling expenses.

With the cut backs which are again sure to loom we need to look at giving guys like Donaldson, Callachan and Laidlaw more gametime. Its the first time in a while we actually have a few decent players brought through the youth system, Callachan in particular looked very good in pre season

Sorry if this has already been brought up but fair amount of rumours flying around our way that Lister has signed up for you guys next year. Anyone heard anything through your way?

I heard something back in February that we were losing Graham to Thistle and that we'd offered Lister a contract: no idea if he'd accepted or not.

Sorry if this has already been brought up but fair amount of rumours flying around our way that Lister has signed up for you guys next year. Anyone heard anything through your way?

Its been doing the rounds a wee bit. Probably a straight swap for Brian Graham, who I'd imagine will be off. So long as we keep Spence I'd be happy. Outwith that there are a few who show some skill at times, but by and large I'd not miss too many of them. In particular, I'm thinking of center backs, where far too often over the last two seasons we've looked nervy in possession while thumping the ball up the pitch aimlessly.

With the cut backs which are again sure to loom we need to look at giving guys like Donaldson, Callachan and Laidlaw more gametime. Its the first time in a while we actually have a few decent players brought through the youth system, Callachan in particular looked very good in pre season

Well that's Callachan played the full 90 in the last two games. Was very good against Thistle, and ok-ish against Hamilton, but then everyone around him was playing shite, so can't be too harsh.

I heard something back in February that we were losing Graham to Thistle and that we'd offered Lister a contract: no idea if he'd accepted or not.

Its been doing the rounds a wee bit. Probably a straight swap for Brian Graham, who I'd imagine will be off. So long as we keep Spence I'd be happy. Outwith that there are a few who show some skill at times, but by and large I'd not miss too many of them. In particular, I'm thinking of center backs, where far too often over the last two seasons we've looked nervy in possession while thumping the ball up the pitch aimlessly.

Cheers. Maybe there is some substance to it then. Really disappointing for us but I'm sure you'll be able to offer him more than us and he works in Rosyth so it's easier all round for him. Lister won't get you anywhere near the amount of goals as Graham, few strikers at this level do, but I think Spence could be a good partner for him. Can't grudge him his move if it comes through, if he doesn't win our POTY it'll be a travesty.