The New Raith Rovers Thread

Suppose it depends it we have the budget for any more full time players not including the ones we are still in talks with. With Hearts focusing more on youth for next season might be a struggling getting our rota of loan players from them

Suppose it depends it we have the budget for any more full time players not including the ones we are still in talks with. With Hearts focusing more on youth for next season might be a struggling getting our rota of loan players from them

Well last year we only needed the one, and he wasn't very good either.

I'm not sure Imrie is good enough for the SPL these days, a spell as St Mirren reserve is hardly glamorous. Would've expected a Dundee or a Falkirk to have a look at him before us though. He'd be a good signing but not someone I think we could afford - his last three contracts have been signed with SPL sides, albeit they were Caley, Hamilton and St Mirren who I imagine are at the lower end of the wage spectrum. Still more than we can manage.

I don't know why but I'm thoroughly expecting us to sign Sean Higgins.

Edited by Paco

I'm not sure Imrie is good enough for the SPL these days, a spell as St Mirren reserve is hardly glamorous. Would've expected a Dundee or a Falkirk to have a look at him before us though. He'd be a good signing but not someone I think we could afford - his last three contracts have been signed with SPL sides, albeit they were Caley, Hamilton and St Mirren who I imagine are at the lower end of the wage spectrum. Still more than we can manage.

I don't know why but I'm thoroughly expecting us to sign Sean Higgins.

I really hope we dont, better off with Alex Higgins

http://www.raithrovers.net/9118/four-academy-graduates-take-step-up.htm

Four youngsters signed up. Is this the first showing of our revamped youth system?

Just seen that, its a change from the days when 1 player would be offered terms from the youth team

Hopefully these guys get a chance at some point to show what they can do in the way Laidlaw, Callachan and Donaldson have

'Exciting new signings' - wonder who they could be?

You would have to think we must be pretty close to having some further deals tied up for the club to be putting out a statement like that. I noticed Kevin Moon saying he was impressed by Murray's plans for next season so hopefully we've got a few decent players lined up.

Glad to see that we're starting to get a squad together after a quiet couple of weeks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

God help us if Hill and Walker are our exciting re-signings! It would be good to have McGurn and Cardle but I have my doubts on the latter.

Got to admit I'm a bit surprised Hill hasn't signed a new deal yet. I'd be amazed if there are any better options than us available to him.

Got to admit I'm a bit surprised Hill hasn't signed a new deal yet. I'd be amazed if there are any better options than us available to him.

He's got to be a better gas fitter than Magee, the worlds his oxter.