The New Raith Rovers Thread

It was a great night, managed to get home for 12:50 so no too late.

Souness and Brady were captivating to listen to and Bill Leckie was a great host.

I thought Souness was, as usual brilliant, Liam Brady came over very well. I be in the room with 2 of the best midfielders of their generation was an honour.

I happened to glance at Joe Cardle looking at his shoes, as Souness was talking about why he wouldn't manage anymore, as players only listen to managers to 10 seconds.

Good to see the guys making the presentation, had some sort of connection to the inductee.

Shame some of the legends weren't there and we had Cardle and Spence instead.

How do you top it, well how about inviting the boys who helped us to the double in 94/5 ?

Shouldn't be too hard to track down Alan Lawrence and Allan Preston.

Oh does anyone know the odds on Levein getting the Inverness job???

I happened to glance at Joe Cardle looking at his shoes, as Souness was talking about why he wouldn't manage anymore, as players only listen to managers to 10 seconds.

I don't know how much they were paying attention, but if they weren't motivated by listening to Brady and Souness then that would be such a shame.

To be fair, Souness appeared to admit he quit Rangers because the cleaner at McDiarmid park complained about mud in the changing rooms!

I think he's well aware that he doesn't have the temperament for modern day footballers or chairmen. Also, didn't agree with his assessment of the Rangers situation however I was impressed that he talked for the best part of half an hour and we only had to put up with about 5 mins of old firm tripe.

Next year, 20 years on from our greatest ever season, the HOF should be a belter!

Another great night last night.

Hopefully both our players and management have taken some inspiration from listening to Brady and Souness, it was fascinating hearing what they had to say.

The piece with Bob Wilson was excellent as well, great stuff from Arsenal.

Minor gripes would be the piece that referred to the cup win being in 1995 and the reference to Cardle diving - not the time or place for that.

Looking forward to next year's event. Hopefully the cup winning squad will be reunited.

Souness a captivating listen? When did Rovers fans become bum sooking dribblers.

not all rovers fans,well certainly not me.he wasn`t high on my must see list of guests.some of his stuff was interesting some not so.

"I`m a rangers supporter","scottish football needs a strong rangers","there will always be a Rangers"

he came across as I expected,arrogant, a bit wanky,and a bit too serious