The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's actually Steven Ward videography but I'll let you off. :P

It's my brother that does it all. Doesn't get help from anyone. He films it, edits it, does the voice overs "you're watching Raith TV" etc. He works extremely hard to give everyone the best possible experience for watching Rovers highlights. Easily a credit to the club, and recieves little in return. He does all this with a full time job as well.

I wonder what the thoughts would be on charging for the highlights package. Now before everyone has a hairy, I think we could agree that its a great service and the proceeds could help the club. Could there be a system developed where you could get a free pass if you went to the game?

I don't know the feasibility of this but if I miss a game I would happily pay a couple of quid to watch these highlights. They are very very good!

Superfans like us season ticket holders should get a free pass. Everyone else should pay a fiver to get access to the highlights package... :ph34r:

No fair dude, if i got to every game i'd be broke and in the gutter by the end of the month. Us ex pats try our best to get to games. Thank god for Steven Ward, fucking legend he is. Amazing service for those who can't get home as often as we like. Believe it or not, i miss the Lang Toun.

I have said this for years, it doesn't need to be much, 2or3 quid a month even, it all adds up.

Season ticket holders should probably have access to it free (not sure how easy this would be to implement?)

My main reason is.... As the highlight package gets better and longer then it is easier for folk living locally come half 2 on a freezing cold Saturday for example to think "bugger this malarkey, I will wait til 2moro night and see it anyway" We all know our crowds are dropping, if making the highlight package a bit less simple than just to turn on your PC or phone the next day then I think a few may attend on a more regular basis.

From a personal point of view, if I miss a game then I am pulling my hair out waiting to see the action online, if others are the same then they will pay a small price or even better get along to more games.

Another option along similar lines would be to make highlights available much later in the week, again season ticket and maybe people living abroad getting them at the usual time

I'd probably pay a couple of quid to watch the highlights every month, but then I'm happy to chuck a couple of quid at the 50/50 every week, give the lottery a whirl now and then, etc. So I'm maybe not the best example. A lot of apps etc have found if you offer something for free then try to charge for it, it doesn't go down too well.

One thing I would say would be valuable would be charging for away highlights where most fans don't go - I know I would definitely be more up for that than the highlights of a game I'm usually at anyway. I realise that would require a helluva commitment for the guys (or guy, as the case may be) that do the filming though.

What you have to say is that with live commentary and streaming of all home matches, commentary of the majority of away games, and these terrific highlights, the club really does have such a great network of people willing to run themselves into the ground for little more than a thank you...

I'd probably pay a couple of quid to watch the highlights every month, but then I'm happy to chuck a couple of quid at the 50/50 every week, give the lottery a whirl now and then, etc. So I'm maybe not the best example. A lot of apps etc have found if you offer something for free then try to charge for it, it doesn't go down too well.

One thing I would say would be valuable would be charging for away highlights where most fans don't go - I know I would definitely be more up for that than the highlights of a game I'm usually at anyway. I realise that would require a helluva commitment for the guys (or guy, as the case may be) that do the filming though.

What you have to say is that with live commentary and streaming of all home matches, commentary of the majority of away games, and these terrific highlights, the club really does have such a great network of people willing to run themselves into the ground for little more than a thank you...

Here here.

Getting the highlights for nothing is brilliant.

Like I said, I don't know how feasible or popular it would be but I know, especially if I've not been to the game, that when I click to view if it said it was gonna charge me anything up to about three quid id be happy to pay.

I don't know if the demand is there to make it worthwhile though.. or even the legal issues re copyright etc.

The Rovers tried charging for web content before, remember. It didn't work out well.

I know, but that service was pish. These highlights are fantastic and I feel may be a tad more in demand than the rovers email address that the previous service provided.

That said, when it comes to forking out a few extra quid, us fifers do tend to revolt a bit. Just ask our friends across the tay. :lol: