The New Raith Rovers Thread

League One sides can definitely play trialists. Airdrie had Keagan Parker up front last week. It'd be odd if you can't play them in the second tier but you can in the third.

I agree with the last two posters though. I think he'd be a better fit for this team than the one he actually played in, but I'd be surprised if he wasn't just keeping his fitness up at a Scottish club where he knows some of the boys/the manager.

Not sure if this should be in the League One board but does anyone have any thoughts on a Rangers possibly beating our record of 142 goals in a league season? At the moment they have scored 60 goals in 16 games with a goals to game ratio of 3.75. If they were to keep up that rate the end total would be 135. It's not inconceivable that they could score a bit more and beat the record. Whilst it's a record that I'm glad we have it doesn't really mean anything to most people. In fact when it looked like Celtic might score over 120 goals a few years back the esteemed journalists in this country kept referring to Hearts top flight record of 130 odd rather than our own.

League One sides can definitely play trialists. Airdrie had Keagan Parker up front last week. It'd be odd if you can't play them in the second tier but you can in the third.

Its like the SPFL are trying to make the Championship a mirror image of the Premiership who also can't field trialists in league games. Its silly imo should either be allowed in all 4 leagues or none.

Not sure if this should be in the League One board but does anyone have any thoughts on a Rangers possibly beating our record of 142 goals in a league season? At the moment they have scored 60 goals in 16 games with a goals to game ratio of 3.75. If they were to keep up that rate the end total would be 135. It's not inconceivable that they could score a bit more and beat the record. Whilst it's a record that I'm glad we have it doesn't really mean anything to most people. In fact when it looked like Celtic might score over 120 goals a few years back the esteemed journalists in this country kept referring to Hearts top flight record of 130 odd rather than our own.

The difference is that we didn't have an unbelievable gap in spend compared to Sevco. As Calderon says, its all completely irrelevant.

I can't see Sevco beating that record, although they're clearly having a good attempt so far! I wouldn't be surprised if they have some kind of bubble bursting episode before the season is out. I've no idea what exactly, but there still seems to a constant flow of drama behind the scenes...

You know my biggest concern at the moment?

In the South Stand pie-stall that's nearest the Main Stand (the one opposite the 200 Club's new haunt), there's a shelf against the back wall, and in the very corner, there's a cardboard box, tipped on its side, so the opening faces outwards. Inside, there's a fully inflated beach-ball-style globe.

I noticed it at the Dumbarton game, and it was still there (although slightly less flated (more deflated-er?)) against Cowdenbeath. It's keeping me awake at night. Why is it there? I can't fathom a single reason, no matter how much I stretch the limits of my imagination, for a pie-stall to require a globe. How often do football catering staff need to consult a scaled down plastic representation of the planet Earth?

I don't know if anyone else has seen it, or if they can offer a plausible explanation, but it's absolutely bizarre.

In the South Stand pie-stall that's nearest the Main Stand (the one opposite the 200 Club's new haunt), there's a shelf against the back wall, and in the very corner, there's a cardboard box, tipped on its side, so the opening faces outwards. Inside, there's a fully inflated beach-ball-style globe.

I noticed it at the Dumbarton game, and it was still there (although slightly less flated (more deflated-er?)) against Cowdenbeath. It's keeping me awake at night. Why is it there? I can't fathom a single reason, no matter how much I stretch the limits of my imagination, for a pie-stall to require a globe. How often do football catering staff need to consult a scaled down plastic representation of the planet Earth?

I don't know if anyone else has seen it, or if they can offer a plausible explanation, but it's absolutely bizarre.

It's the alternate universe that Bodge lives in.

I did wonder if it was The World that we're occasionally Rocking All Over, but that makes more sense. Presumably Bodge materialises next to the hot water caddy at about half 2 every second Saturday, á la Kelly LeBrock in Weird Science.

You just know its not going to be there on Thursday, and I'm going to look like a maniac, á la Anthony Michael Hall in Weird Science.

I did wonder if it was The World that we're occasionally Rocking All Over, but that makes more sense. Presumably Bodge materialises next to the hot water caddy at about half 2 every second Saturday, á la Kelly LeBrock in Weird Science.

You just know its not going to be there on Thursday, and I'm going to look like a maniac, á la Anthony Michael Hall in Weird Science.

It's been a long time since I saw the film (so if the reference is wrong I'm sorry)

You'll be the one on the south concourse wearing a bra on his head.

About as bizarre as the time the lad that helps out with the 50/50 retrieved the 'machine' (it's certainly not a machine but what do you call those bloody things?) from somewhere behind the Railway Stand. I've got visions of them opening up the cupboard where it's kept, wherever it may be, and people just scratching their head. Where is it? Who's moved it? Why have they moved it? It;s only ever used for the 50/50.

Having a ticket pulled out once a fortnight by a former Rovers has-been was just too much. It was out by the railway trying to kill itself.

Yup, we need him. Seems to be very highly rated at Peterhead. I've always liked him but felt ne needs a wee bit more confidence - hopefully this loan spell has done that for him.

Perhaps straight back into the side against Dundee, at centre half with Hill?

Edited by Paco

or perhaps he thought he just needed some competitive game time?

which if he thought he was good enough/merited would have been given it at the rovers

Our defence has shipped 6 goals in two games to teams below us in the league. I'm willing to try any solution

i think we all are