The New Raith Rovers Thread

We need a defender on loan, and one who we can use in the cup.

We are looking at going to Easter Road with a back line of Thomson, Donaldson, Hill, Ellis.

Probably beat them. Pittodrie we has a back line of:

Wilson

Murray

Simmons

Ferry

:lol:

was unaware of butchers remark ,sure murray remarked some time ago,when the draw was made that the booth situ would be sorted/okay,took that to mean he would be permitted to play.i understand the scenario if he helped to put his parent club out though

Think its another 3/4 weeks

Cheers.

What about McCann? Do I take it from his absence last week that we didn't extend his contract? He was only signed to the end of December initially.

you can say that for certain?

if butch gets rid we might sign him in the transfer window ;)

Going by his performances for us I highly doubt he'd be wanting rid of him!

3/4 weeks for Watson? That's a sickener. McCann was only signed on 'til December and there has been no news of an extension. I wouldn't be surprised if Murray finally puts his boots on and sticks himself on at right centre back with #Deece Ronaldson out on the right. Anyway, it's Morton we're playing and their attacking prowess isn't much of a threat with them only grabbing 2 goals since the 16th of November. Mind you we're still giving out late Christmas presents so who knows!

There are a lot of decent players not getting game time and would jump at the chance to play regular first team football. The thing is, will the board release enough funds to get players in whether being on loan or signing released players. I know we aren't in a position to buy any but the board did say that there was still money available to get a couple more loan signings in, that was after the season started.

Would be nice to bolster the squad a little

The thing is though, are we even looking to strengthen the squad. Other teams in our league are looking to bolster their squads. I'd hazard a guess that we're running with what we have now. I hope not in all honesty, but John Baird seems to be available, and Hugh Murray. Excellent aquisitions in my opinion.

Sure his contract was only until Jan, whats the crack with trialists in league games they still permitted?

Trialists are not allowed in the Premiership and Championship. They are allowed in the lower two divisions but not ours.

The SPFL has a rule that actually prevents loan players playing against their own parent club in league games. There's nothing specific about cup games but I'd be absolutely astonished if the parent club allowed it.