The New Raith Rovers Thread

Morton jumped the gun, sacked Moore, hired the experienced hand of Shiels and look where it's got them. Nowhere, but they've pissed cash away on paying off Moore. Do we do the same? There's no guarantee that a new manager will work.

I think we'll be fine and this season will help Murray improve as a boss. Remember we had mixed seasons under McGlynn (toiling one year, challenging for the title the next).

Under Mcglynn, our squad was ripped apart due to finances.

Murray has been given support to build his own squad and add to it. This is as good a squad as we have had in a while.

Morton jumped the gun, sacked Moore, hired the experienced hand of Shiels and look where it's got them. Nowhere, but they've pissed cash away on paying off Moore. Do we do the same? There's no guarantee that a new manager will work.

I think we'll be fine and this season will help Murray improve as a boss. Remember we had mixed seasons under McGlynn (toiling one year, challenging for the title the next).

But it might work and see us haul ourselves to safety. Equally, Murray might turn it around, or he may relegate us.

The truth is that none of us know how each course of action will pan out. Replacing Murray is a risk, but our current form indicates keeping him is a risk also. He is doing a very poor job at the moment and has oversaw our demise from certain play-off contenders to relegation candidates. We are leaking goal at an alarming rate and it's difficult to see where the next win will come from. Murray is the one who needs to come up with something to turn this around, and he's failing. Our form is disgraceful and Murray needs to carry the can for it; we have a good squad and he's not getting anywhere near the best from it.

Under Mcglynn, our squad was ripped apart due to finances.

Murray has been given support to build his own squad and add to it. This is as good a squad as we have had in a while.

He's been given the support to build the squad because he's brought the money into the club through cup runs. You can't condemn the man for our (woeful) league form and not recognise his cup achievements.

If there was an available manager, or a transfer window open, I might be more inclined to jump on the Murray Out bandwagon, but I can't see that there is.

Remember that we went fifteen games unbeaten earlier in the season. Murray hasn't become a bad manager overnight. Obviously our abysmal form is a massive problem, and it's something that must be addressed, but our performances in the last three games haven't been terrible. At Dumbarton we flew out of the blocks and were hit with a sucker punch, then struggled for a while, but we battled back and could well have won the game but for a wonder strike from Agnew. Against Alloa we again started well enough until they scored the first time they crossed the halfway line. Again, we fought back and were the better side. We weren't good enough in the second half yesterday, but was anyone complaining at half time? We're showing in fits and starts what we're capable of, and we will pick up more points between now and the end of the season.

I thought Hutton's recent statement was a little hackneyed and cliched, but the core message was correct. If we don't panic, keep supporting the side and plugging away, we will pick up more points than one of Livingston/Cowdenbeath/Alloa/Dumbarton. It hasn't been an ideal league campaign by any means, but we're still only six points off a promotion play-off place, and we remain undefeated over 90 minutes in all cup competitions.

It's hard to stomach the recent form, but Murray and the team bought themselves this breathing space with their early season performances. It's incredibly disappointing that they're having to use it, but this could still easily be our best season in two decades.

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

I wouldn't look at the cup runs as the source of extra funds - remember that there is a lot more money available to clubs this season from reconstruction.

That, for me, is the worst thing about our form. Never mind the play-offs, we stand to miss out on a shit load of money.

But it might work and see us haul ourselves to safety. Equally, Murray might turn it around, or he may relegate us. The truth is that none of us know how each course of action will pan out. Replacing Murray is a risk, but our current form indicates keeping him is a risk also. He is doing a very poor job at the moment and has oversaw our demise from certain play-off contenders to relegation candidates. We are leaking goal at an alarming rate and it's difficult to see where the next win will come from. Murray is the one who needs to come up with something to turn this around, and he's failing. Our form is disgraceful and Murray needs to carry the can for it; we have a good squad and he's not getting anywhere near the best from it.

I'd rather we stuck with him than wasting precious cash on paying off his contract and getting a Gus MacPherson type in. Those suggesting Ian Murray are having a laugh. I've no doubt it's a more appealing job than Dumbarton but are we really going to pay someone for their manager? Get real.

I'd rather we stuck with him than wasting precious cash on paying off his contract and getting a Gus MacPherson type in. Those suggesting Ian Murray are having a laugh. I've no doubt it's a more appealing job than Dumbarton but are we really going to pay someone for their manager? Get real.

Colin Cameron would take the job.

If we are being ridiculous, Kenny Sheils would probably come to Kirkcaldy but he's doing a fucking Sterling job where he is.

Shouldn't have capitalised sterling. You were using it as an adjective, not a noun. You know as much about grammar as you do about management. Why would Sheils go from one relegation bound club to another? Hardly a great career move.

Shouldn't have capitalised sterling. You were using it as an adjective, not a noun. You know as much about grammar as you do about management. Why would Sheils go from one relegation bound club to another? Hardly a great career move.

You are talking pish as usual, I capitalised 'Sterling' as the useless c**t he would be best placed staying where he is managing 3 piece suites and pouffes.

You shouldn't have the 'E' before 'I' in Shiels. Edited by Rover the Moon

You're keeping us safe. For that we thank you.

Anyone know if we have a reserve game this week? If so, hopefully Watson gets the full 90 mins, to see if he can cope with it, and hopefully we can see him back in the squad for Saturday, forming the solid partnership with Dougie, that we all remember from the unbeaten run at the start of the season.

Anyone know if we have a reserve game this week? If so, hopefully Watson gets the full 90 mins, to see if he can cope with it, and hopefully we can see him back in the squad for Saturday, forming the solid partnership with Dougie, that we all remember from the unbeaten run at the start of the season.

We were pencilled in for a game against Stenhousemuir tomorrow night but it seems it has been postponed. Next Monday we're away at the Shire.

We were pencilled in for a game against Stenhousemuir tomorrow night but it seems it has been postponed. Next Monday we're away at the Shire.

Cheers, now the question is, do we start him in the cup game, see how he gets on, and risk it, or do we just keep him out until the Morton game the following week