The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's all got a bit childish in here eh? Come on!

10 games to go. What will be will be. We've survived without Hearts and Rangers in the same league since 1997.

I like going to Arbroath.

I like Station Park, the Bridies are awesome and plus I'm a greedy cant.

It's all got a bit childish in here eh? Come on!

10 games to go. What will be will be. We've survived without Hearts and Rangers in the same league since 1997.

I like going to Arbroath.

Arbroath are 4 points adrift at the bottom. Might not even have East Fife, as they're in the relegation play off spot. Try Forfar.

You're a Numpty what more can I say

Been to a match this season?????

I'm getting confused. Are you his real dad?

Either way, he needs to put in a MotM display soon. We need a scapegoat (see Andy McNeil) and he's looking like a candidate. Poor c**t could end up at Waibop United.

The return of Paul Watson is now our last hope of salvation. Regarding the Robinson - Laidlaw debate I'd pick Robinson every time.

For your coupon perhaps.

I broke the internet when I asked Google 'when was the last time our goal keeper conceded 12 goals in his first four games'

Is there a mental issue with some of these players do you think?

Now we are at the pressure end of the season. Maybe some of these players just canny hack it? The pressure wasn't on against Hibs and it was evident?

The winless streak is obviously getting to them. Even 2-1 at half time and they canny hack it. I was surprised we even scored the penalty!

Last 10 games. We have to aim for at least 4 wins to keep us away from the trapdoor. Ideally one of those wins against Cowdenbeath at Starks.

Not sure why I'm torturing myself but when we last won on December 14 the top of the league table looked like this:

Hamilton 31

Dundee 30

Raith Rovers 28

Alloa 27

In the period between then and now the points each team has picked up looks like this

Falkirk 21

QOS 20

Dundee 19

Dumbarton 18

Hamilton 17

Cowdenbeath 14

Livingston 14

Morton 7

Alloa 6

Raith Rovers 4

Truly dreadful

Edited by roverthemoon

Sackable form. There is not even a shred of evidence to suggest Murray can turn this round. Watson returning will help, but wont be the miracle cure some seem to think.

Indeed it is, his form is terrible and you could understand if we didn't have the players but we do he has better than our position indicates. I think everyone at the club likes Murray and any other manager would of been chased about a month ago. Murray shows no signs he can turn things around and get the points required, does he show the signs that if we get relegated and keep him that he could bring us back up? I'm not convinced he can and I'm afraid he just isn't good enough. The board have to decide soon I would say this week is the time to choose stick or twist as our next leaguegame is two weeks away and we are unlikely to beat st Johnstone anyway. We have the worst form in the league and Cowdenbeath have shown what a change in manager can do so for me we have to change or we are going down and probably at the hands of Dunfermline.

Not sure why I'm torturing myself but when we last won on December 14 the top of the league table looked like this:

Hamilton 31

Dundee 30

Raith Rovers 28

Alloa 27

In the period between then and now the points each team has picked up looks like this

Falkirk 21

QOS 20

Dundee 19

Dumbarton 18

Hamilton 17

Cowdenbeath 14

Livingston 14

Morton 7

Alloa 6

Raith Rovers 4

Truly dreadful

Yep, most other managers would have been out the door after coming to a 'mutual agreement' with the club.

However, as the board were so keen to tie up mediocrity on an extended contract, we're stuck with them for now. At least we're getting regular cup runs. It could be worse, we could be honking in the cups too.

Better strap yourself in - as advised - could be a bumpy ride. It's so scary that I can't bear to look at the moment.

I think the wall at the free-kick is the perfect metaphor for what's going on at the moment. Half of them in it seem to be trying their best to actually get out the way of the ball.

It just seems that a few of them aren't willing to put in the spade work to win games.

You don't have to have a great team to win matches in this league, it helps obviously, but in a division where excellence is thin on the ground, hard work and effort can take you a long way, and some of our players seem unwilling to give everything. Either that, or their fitness levels aren't as high as other sides.

50/50's are lost, runners aren't tracked back, opponents aren't marked at set-pieces, headers aren't won.

You don't have to have oodles of ability to do these things, just the will to carry them through.

When you combine this with an obvious dearth of confidence, then you do start to worry about things.

Mind you, after we win the Scottish Cup, we could be the first League One side to play in Europe. Every cloud and stuff eh?