The New Raith Rovers Thread

He was brilliant for QoS because they were in the 2nd division, there was absolutely no competition in that league in fairness.

Thats complete and utter nonsense. Robinson was our player of the year in the first division before our one season visit to division two. He was also oitstanding last season against more than second division defences.

Serious question, lose on Saturday is it lights out for Murray?

If we lose against Morton in two weeks I'd be surprised if he has any support left amongst the fans. The board seem to be behind him though and handed him a two and a half year contract in December so I think he'll be left to see it through.

If we lose against Morton in two weeks I'd be surprised if he has any support left amongst the fans. The board seem to be behind him though and handed him a two and a half year contract in December so I think he'll be left to see it through.

Morton beat Celtic and look what's happened to them. Rovers going the same way?

Unbelievable what has happened, bit risky changing the manager now.

Watson returning will help, but wont be the miracle cure some seem to think.

The one big difference that Watson returning will hopefully make is a bit more composure when playing the ball out from the back.

The amount of times the ball is aimlessly punted up the park back to the opposition so they can keep us under the cosh is unreal.

Talking of aimless punts: Why the f**k did we persist with kicking the ball high to Baird and Vaughan?! Two players who are better with the ball at their feet.

Easiest day those two giant Falkirk centre backs will have this season.

I'll be at the Rovers as much as I can for the rest of my/their existence but it's grim, frustrating viewing at times.

Who would we replace Murray with if we did sack him? I'd pretty much be delighted if we put aside all our money from the cups (without doing financial damage to the club) to try to get Ian Murray over. Doubt we'd be able to tempt him when he can do much better though.

Ian Murray would be a brilliant appointment, but why would he leave a vastly superior team to come to a team in unrelenting free fall. But no doubt I'll get a barracking from the happy clapper squad. Let me reiterate that if we do go down then ce la vie, Atleast Magoo will be relinquished of his managerial duties. We hope. We regroup and try again.

Just seen the free-kick, the wall ducks out the way. Absolutely abysmal, but not much Robinson could have done about it either.

My and my mate said the same thing straight away. The wall was a disgrace and Millar basically had a free shot at goal.

The one big difference that Watson returning will hopefully make is a bit more composure when playing the ball out from the back.The amount of times the ball is aimlessly punted up the park back to the opposition so they can keep us under the cosh is unreal.Talking of aimless punts: Why the f**k did we persist with kicking the ball high to Baird and Vaughan?! Two players who are better with the ball at their feet.Easiest day those two giant Falkirk centre backs will have this season.I'll be at the Rovers as much as I can for the rest of my/their existence but it's grim, frustrating viewing at times.

Agree with this. Ellis and Hill both have shocking distribution. The one thing I said at the start of the game was I hope we don't punt it up all game and get we proceeded to hit the long ball. To be fair to Baird he did better then I thought and McCracken head to resort to a lot of holding. When we got the ball on the ground thought we looked so much more dangerous.

I'll give Murray the Morton game. If we lose that then no amount of rousing statements from Hutton can alter the fact that change is needed. If Dundee can get rid of Brown and Cowden rid of Cameron when you look at their positions then Murray should in no way be deemed safe.

Ian Murray would be a brilliant appointment, but why would he leave a vastly superior team to come to a team in unrelenting free fall. But no doubt I'll get a barracking from the happy clapper squad.

You're an idiot.

But no doubt I'll get a barracking from the happy clapper squad.

Why do you often include a sentence in your posts about people disagreeing with you?

Do you think your, at times, ludicrously off the mark comments about the team hold more weight because you condescendingly allude to people being "Happy Clappers?"

In all seriousness, where the hell do go from here. Will Paul Watson be ready for Saturday or will he be ready for the week after. I know I've been a twat lately, but hey I'm understandably seething.

Every team from 4th to 9th in this division could, and probably will, swap positions before the end of the season. Everyone currently sitting in the lifeboat should really try and take something to calm themselves down. :rolleyes:

Yes our recent form is infuriating because we can be very good and very bad - that's football at this level, always has been, get used to it.

Some of you are beginning to sound like Morton fans ;)

Why do you often include a sentence in your posts about people disagreeing with you?Do you think your, at times, ludicrously off the mark comments about the team hold more weight because you condescendingly allude to people being "Happy Clappers?"

Don't worry mate, I'm super seething. I'm not always mr angry.

Morton jumped the gun, sacked Moore, hired the experienced hand of Shiels and look where it's got them. Nowhere, but they've pissed cash away on paying off Moore. Do we do the same? There's no guarantee that a new manager will work.

I think we'll be fine and this season will help Murray improve as a boss. Remember we had mixed seasons under McGlynn (toiling one year, challenging for the title the next).

Every game this season, which in my book trumps whatever passes for you perception of the situation.

BTW you have asked the same question on an other thread.

Read your quotes and you see why the statement was re iterated I've told you millions of ties don't exaggerate