The New Raith Rovers Thread

Id like to think we would hear something more on the contracts offered to existing players shortly. The impact of Moon and Elliot signing on should be a postive indicator that anyone else offered an extention should take it

Perhaps they'll tour. Coldplay can do the half-time show.

I've a feeling that they did come up to play Falkirk the year before, though. No great loss if it doesn't materialise, I can't imagine they'd draw a bumper crowd.

They did play Falkirk and Alba covered it live. Our situation was complicated by the switchover to the 3G surface. We weren't sure when it would be ready and Middlesbrough made it clear they didn't want to play on it anyway. As you are on grass they might be fine. Never the less, if it doesn't fit their schedule I expect they'll find a reason not to play it. It isn't a contractual obligation.

Perhaps they'll tour. Coldplay can do the half-time show.

I've a feeling that they did come up to play Falkirk the year before, though. No great loss if it doesn't materialise, I can't imagine they'd draw a bumper crowd.

We've pumped them before, time for fresh victims

Great to hear they've been queuing up in their hundreds to get season tickets. My auld man went down today and it was queued out the door.

I've not got mine yet. Plenty time though and I'm only saving £20 getting an adult one anyway.

With the likelihood of having to endure the same cruelty as this season I'm buying feck all season ticket. I'll select which games might be worth attending; cup games dont count and if I dont get a seat for the Sevco games I'll likely see them free on Alba anyway.

It would be a real shame if Alba only bothered about the Rangers games. Fair enough, the audience isn't there for teams in the lower leagues but it would be a real shame if Hearts don't feature on Alba a fair bit next season, preferably for 'local' games.

Not that I'm hoping for anything, like...

It will probably be a lot different if Hibs come down with them of course. But then Alba will no doubt concentrate on games between the big three, meaning teams like us will get much less coverage.

Edit:come to think of it games between Hearts/HIbs, Hearts/Rangers and HIbs/Rangers would almost certainly be shown, which would account for 16 games - nearly half the season: We'd be lucky to get a look in.

Edited by Big Berk

Surely sky will continue their coverage of Rangers games? Even more so now they are in the Championship? Alba haven't shown one championship game this season. Who says they will next season? I'd go all out and say FIFA 15 will have the Championship next season. Can anyone confirm?

Just being pedantic but surely it'll be BT sport as opposed to Alba.

You're right enough. I dont know what the format will be either, but if they're going to show a live game it'll be the same scenario. I remember when we were last in the SPL, we didnt feature on telly once - the only top league club in tv history to be totally ignored for a whole league season. STV had the rights then, but I still dont see us featuring much if HIbs and Hearts both come down. Not much TV cash will come our way.

Edited by Big Berk

TV money is pooled for the league, is it not?

I'm under the impression that the oddly specific £82,500 bonus payment is only applicable to cup games.

Correct. Tv money for league games is not paid to the individual clubs based on appearance. Thats why you dont really want home league matches televised. It will hurt the crowd without any direct compensation for it.

Season tickets collected last night. Even collected one for my auld man for this first time in about 20 years.

I do think the sales are more down to the teams already and potentially in the league next season rather than a sudden rush to watch our stylish and attractive football but I doubt the board will really be caring about that.

There's been a bit of talk now coming from the club about potential new signings so looking forward to seeing who these could be.