The New Raith Rovers Thread

I go to Florida that day, enjoy the match...

Tell me where you're staying and I'll pretend I'm you and stay out there for another couple of weeks enabling you to go to the game.

I'm good that way.

Anything of interest in the FFP today?

A wifey got a £60 fine for parking on double yellow lines.

Aye. Dougie Hill's been scheduled in for an operation to remove his shins, and have his feet attached to his knees, just like his Uncle Cotton.

Shortens the crock, but not the list of crocks. Still, got to applaud any progress I guess.

When asked if he was considering bringing any other players to the club, Murray added: “Not at the minute, but if it happens, it happens.

So much for that song and dance about a bigger squad, then. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we have a whopping one extra player than we started last season with.

“I’d rather get the players we’ve got signed fit first and foremost.”

Anyone fancy a sweepstake on the usage of this particular phrase in interviews?

Same old pish that is standard fair from the club and the manager. "We were crap in 2014 because the squad was too small". Murray today "no immediate plans to add to the squad". So the squad is 1 body bigger.

Also Murray trotting out the same crap. "We will learn from our drubbing by York". Really? we don't seem to have learned a single thing since December 2013.

The last straw is the comparison drawn to last pre-season that we shouldn't worry because Hearts put 5 past us last pre-season. Really. Tell me why that's a comfort. How did our league campaign turn out last season?

I am not sure if Murray is just utterly deluded or whether he just can't do media but he seems to just put his foot in it every time.

I wonder if he's just being deliberately coy. After all, if he said 'I'm looking for another striker' and a deal fell through, he'd look pretty daft.

The squad is bigger than it was at the start of last season, and we didn't have any problems with depth until we were about half way through. It sounds like at least one or two of the casualties should be back on Saturday, so we should have a decent enough XI available for the Dunfermline game and the start of the league season. I've seen absolutely nothing to say that the budget has been used up. It reads to me like Murray is happy enough with what he had to be going on with, and he's keeping money in reserve to plug gaps in the squad if and when the need arises.

Folk are really overreacting to a friendly defeat, having completely forgotten that we drew with St Johnstone a few days before.

We got pumped off Hearts last season, when they were still absolutely rotten. Pre-season results, particularly with the third choice keeper in goal, really do mean nothing.

I wonder if he's just being deliberately coy. After all, if he said 'I'm looking for another striker' and a deal fell through, he'd look pretty daft.The squad is bigger than it was at the start of last season, and we didn't have any problems with depth until we were about half way through. It sounds like at least one or two of the casualties should be back on Saturday, so we should have a decent enough XI available for the Dunfermline game and the start of the league season. I've seen absolutely nothing to say that the budget has been used up. It reads to me like Murray is happy enough with what he had to be going on with, and he's keeping money in reserve to plug gaps in the squad if and when the need arises.Folk are really overreacting to a friendly defeat, having completely forgotten that we drew with St Johnstone a few days before.We got pumped off Hearts last season, when they were still absolutely rotten. Pre-season results, particularly with the third choice keeper in goal, really do mean nothing.

We were pumped by a Hearts side that later needed a cheating wee c**t and penalties to beat us later in the season.

Personally I am not over reacting to the results. I am reacting out of concern that nothing seems to have changed. We don't seem to have learned any lessons. The output from the club seems the same. Murray seems to be saying the same. There really isn't anything that I can see that gives me any hope that things will be different to last season.

My concerns is again that with a small squad injuries could unravel us, and we already have a couple of them before the season's started.

A big deal was made out of how we'd have a bigger squad this season to hopefully avoid last season's horrific form. One player extra isn't really cutting it there I'm afraid.

.[/quote tbh the squad isn't really any bigger as it sounds like Dougie is gonna be out for a while. By the time he has his ops and he gets back to any sort of fitness will probably be January so we don't really have cover at centre half apart from Ellis which doesn't fill me with confidence

Edited by MICMAC

Any indication as to when our list of crocks is going to shorten?

Aye. Dougie Hill's been scheduled in for an operation to remove his shins, and have his feet attached to his knees, just like his Uncle Cotton.

.[/quote tbh the squad isn't really any bigger as it sounds like Dougie is gonna be out for a while. By the time he has his ops and he gets back to any sort of fitness will probably be January so we don't really have cover at centre half apart from Ellis which doesn't fill me with confidence

News from Stark's Park is that Dougie Hill has made a remarkable recovery from his shin removal operation and will be fit to play tomorrow.