The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'd expect nothing more than 3 points from the Cowden game, however we have not a hope in hell in getting anything from Rangers or Hearts. Alloa? Who knows, they've picked up a bit and don't lose many goals. Granted they don't score many either. We can't defend.

How you can say it's rubbish is beyond me - that's just blind optimism, We were awful against Rangers, Falkirk and QoS, by all accounts (and going by the TV highlights) we were lucky in the 1st half against Hibs not to be 2 or 3 down. I've seen nothing this season that suggests that we have improved from last season. Scarily, we looked even more limited.

But I guess you think Grant Murray is doing a grand job?

We should have beaten Hibs, to suggest we were lucky not to be 2 or 3 down is fucking lunacy.

It doesn't affect me as I've already got a ticket but why don't The Rangers do cash gates for the away end for those without tickets? they sometimes do for certain home sections or at least an allocation of away tickets on the day from their own ticket office, going by street view their ticket office is right opposite the away turnstiles.

It doesn't affect me as I've already got a ticket but why don't The Rangers do cash gates for the away end for those without tickets? they sometimes do for certain home sections or at least an allocation of away tickets on the day from their own ticket office, going by street view their ticket office is right opposite the away turnstiles.

In the past the police have not allowed it. Their first game back as a "new" side against East Fife was all cash gate and caused no end of problems so the police said they weren't doing it again. They are allowed to sell home tickets from the ticket office if there are tickets available.

That said, given the massive drop off in crowds this year I can't really see why it would cause a big problem now.

We should have beaten Hibs, to suggest we were lucky not to be 2 or 3 down is fucking lunacy.

How is it lunacy, if it wasn't for Laidlaw we'd have been a goal down after 3 minutes ffs!! Simply, they had more chances in the 1st half than we did. ie we were lucky to have only conceded a single goal.

Granted, by all accounts we played better 2nd. All hail Grant Murray.

In all honesty, I think Murray has done well in the first quarter, considering how we started. In terms of the games, I'd say the second quarter will be a more difficult test, so it'll be interesting to see how we'll do.

Aside from disasters in the cups to Dunfermline and Dundee, we beat Dumbarton, Cowdenbeath, Alloa and Livi (wasn't at the game, but going by posts on here) relatively comfortably. The second halves of the Dumbarton and Cowden games were as assured performances as I've ever seen from Rovers. Indeed, in both games were were unlucky not to keep a clean sheet. The Falkirk draw was one of the most uneventful games I've seen following Rovers, with both teams failing to create anything memorable. Even still, they were rancid and we should've had something there.

We got pumped by Hearts and Rangers, which is understandable given they are vastly more sizable clubs with larger budgets to a ridiculous level. Hibs on the other-hand played the ball about well but our defence put in a solid shift. By the end of the game, we were unlucky not to have taken three points.

The problem is that people are judging Murray since December 2013. Obviously the end of last season was a horror show, with mistake after mistake being made. We went from a comfortable playoff spot to being hauled down into the bottom half of the league and the team didn't response.

We've got a new squad and we've had numerous long term injuries so far this season. McGurn is just coming back from injury, Cuthbert came with rave reviews and got injured (didn't stop him getting criticism for mistakes he wasn't even making), Barr had a freak injury and is yet to make an appearence (hopefully he'll be back soon: of all our signings this summer I wanted to see him in action the most as he looked a class act at Livi). Dougie has needed an operation keeping him out too, in addition to Calum Elliot (who, admittedly, hasn't recreated his form from his first 6 months yet).

As I said elsewhere, we've got nothing to fear from any of the teams around us. Hearts and Rangers will be ahead by miles at the end, but we should probably look to get behind the team. Were it not for a very unfortunate deflection, we'd be talking on the back of a 3-3 draw where the team came from behind twice to level, and we were unlucky not to win the game.

Lets see how we are when we're not using our third choice keeper and aging 5th choice center back (who has actually been better than our 4th choice center back when he's played).

The official site is a bit OTT telling us about Bairds love for the Club.

Is this the same wee rat faced chunt who celebrated in front of the South Stand on Friday night??

Steady, whilst he may have celebrated he didn't overdo it and he gave the South Stand a rather apologetic look.

Has david bates been anywhere near the first team?It Was rumoured a while back he was goin to be goin on loan to montrose.

He played against Edinburgh City and St Johnstone during pre-season but I think it was more down to the fact our defence was down to the bare bones at that point. Hasn't featured since.