The New Raith Rovers Thread

It has been strange this season in some of the games. We played relatively well in the home game against Queens, and arguably once it went to 2-2 there should have only been one winner, but we shoot ourselves in the foot.

The same with Saturday there, dominant for large spells and pretty comfortable then lose a goal at the death.

The wins we have notched up this season, the only convincing ones were against Dumbarton at Home (second half) and away to Cowdenbeath.

We can add that we have also been pretty pish in other games. The game at Ibrox was a strange one in that we stupidly went behind early at a corner and didn't recover. We got forward quite a few times in that game, without actually creating any clear cut chances. Was the same with the Hearts game at Tyncastle. On another day we could easily have taken a point. Hearts didn't create a single chance in the second half, if I recall?

Ach I don't know, I mentioned in an earlier post that there's a definate malaise about the place this season.

I was kind of looking forward to this season, different opposition, and hopefully good crowds and good games. But it's been the same old ahite really. Players brought to the club with decent enough history of playing in this division but just not performing, which ultimately puts pressure on the manager to deliver. And so the cycle goes on...

We truly are (un)predicatble.

It has been strange this season in some of the games. We played relatively well in the home game against Queens, and arguably once it went to 2-2 there should have only been one winner, but we shoot ourselves in the foot.

The same with Saturday there, dominant for large spells and pretty comfortable then lose a goal at the death.

The wins we have notched up this season, the only convincing ones were against Dumbarton at Home (second half) and away to Cowdenbeath.

We can add that we have also been pretty pish in other games. The game at Ibrox was a strange one in that we stupidly went behind early at a corner and didn't recover. We got forward quite a few times in that game, without actually creating any clear cut chances. Was the same with the Hearts game at Tyncastle. On another day we could easily have taken a point. Hearts didn't create a single chance in the second half, if I recall?

Ach I don't know, I mentioned in an earlier post that there's a definate malaise about the place this season.

I was kind of looking forward to this season, different opposition, and hopefully good crowds and good games. But it's been the same old ahite really. Players brought to the club with decent enough history of playing in this division but just not performing, which ultimately puts pressure on the manager to deliver. And so the cycle goes on...

We truly are (un)predicatble.

Hibs away, once we equalised Hibs shat it, if Conroy had shot with his right instead of trying to get onto his left the game would have ended differently.

Hibs away, once we equalised Hibs shat it, if Conroy had shot with his right instead of trying to get onto his left the game would have ended differently.

Yeah I forgot about that game actually (most of our games have been forgettable to you ca. Hardly blame me... :lol:)

Yeah on another day (I'm not grant murray honest) we would have won that match. We were always going to get a result there though. It's our second home.

Vote of confidence for Murray from the board! :rolleyes:

Unbelievable what's next another patronising 'Don't panic' statement from the board :( He really has to go his record is awful and has been since last year, yes we have the money from season tickets already banked but if you serve up a season of dreadful football people don't renew next year. The board need to bite the bullet and admit they got it wrong when they gave him the contract extension. Can anyone see us beating Hibs or Falkirk? I wouldn't even bet on us turning over Cowdenbeath sadly the way we are playing.

Phew least we are onto page 667....

Agree about not really having a player that puts his life and soul into everything while on the park...and making sure the fans see it.

This season I have no real connection with any of our outfield players. Obviously we can always rely on McGurn for a trusty save, but none of our players this season seem particularly "likeable".

We also have a manager that doesn't seem to connect with the fans in any way. The same can be said about the board.

There isin't a chant of Murray's barmy army like we had with McGlynn.. (I'm not saying he would be the long term answer mind) I reiterated that in an earlier post.

On Saturday if we could just Nick an early goal, and put pressure on Hibs, we can bet behind the team and this would hopefully filter through to the players.

Lose the first goal though, curtains.

We're on page 1000 on the phone.