The New Raith Rovers Thread

I wonder if the recently announced BT coverage of our league game with Sevco has given the board enough room to manoeuvre with regard to Murray's contract? Or is it just a coincidence?

I could be wrong, but I don't think we get any extra money for having league games shown. The telly money for the league is divvied up regardless of who's on. Cup games stick an extra £82,500 in the kitty though.

Has a planned protest been planned? That's what it's saying is possible in the courier

Not a protest at such but a few of us on Fantalk have mentioned going into the Main Stand & letting our views known to the board also if enough folk took part it would also make it clear as anything the amount of empty seats within the home support, a few posts have been made across social media etc.

What do the Rovers fans expect this season? A lot talking about targets; what would be your targets?

I would have given you no chance of play-offs before a ball was kicked but also wouldn't expect you to go down. Or is it the style of play that's got people pissed off?

The goals would be a fucking start.

What do the Rovers fans expect this season? A lot talking about targets; what would be your targets?

I would have given you no chance of play-offs before a ball was kicked but also wouldn't expect you to go down. Or is it the style of play that's got people pissed off?

honestly,before a ball was kicked expected us to be vying for fourth top,now expect us to be vying for 4th bottom Edited by Rovers_Lad

Not to have the following defeats all by the 1st 3rd of the season: 4-0, 4-0, 4-0, 4-3, 6-1, 5-1, that is not acceptable at all IMO, honestly I would have taken 7th before the season started, but the way we have played and lost goals and been completely bummed by some teams as well as failing to beat 3 teams with 10 men is an utter joke !

Edited by ADMO

Falkirk are by far weaker than they were last season. Livingston are looking like contenders for the drop, personally I couldn't see a part-time team getting a play-off spot despite how close Dumbarton were last year to one. Nobody could have expected the top four to be set in stone before a ball was kicked.

Its not the league position that's worrying anyway. Its the performances, I could handle defeats no problem, but only if we have given a good account ourselves with a decent performance. For example, tomorrow we all fully expect another loss if not hammering, yet we know we have the players( on the bench most of the time) that can go out there and give them a brilliant game, maybe even win the game, if they were set up properly with half-decent tactics.

I don't think it's anything to do with style of play. Everyone goes on about style, personally, I couldn't give a flying f**k about that.

If we win games, crowds will come.

It wasn't that long ago that Calderón had us passing wind before having a shot a goal, yet people moaned. Now we don't pass the ball enough.

It's got nothing to do with style, and everything to do with results. Unfortunately for Murray, you need hard work, organisation and team spirit to get results, none of which are evident at the moment.

This season is a slightly unusual one. Targets would have been, in order of importance:

1. Improve the financial position of the club

2. Avoid relegation

3. Be better than we were in the second half of last season and challenge for top four

Looks like number three has already gone begging, but so long as we manage the first two the season won't have been a write-off.