The New Raith Rovers Thread

Realistically gate money would have been nearer £300k by the time you add in concessions, complementary tickets and the sponsors/hospitality. Of that, costs will need to be deducted (Hibs presumably, stewards etc). I'm not saying I don't expect you to make anything from it but I wouldn't expect it to bring in a huge amount of income in and I would expect that a Scottish cup run would far outweigh it in terms of financial gain.

I've not read the full story so I don't know what you're declaring you made from the game.

What was the prize money for winning it, out of curiously?

It's misleading to say we don't make money from the Challenge Cup, if the money is largely pooled - which I don't have a problem with - then everyone makes something out of it, it just wouldn't stand out because it will have disappeared into the budget in any case.

(Nonetheless I'm also a bit surprised if winning it made no appreciable financial impact at all.)

Dodged a bullet there.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/dundee-united-s-scottish-cup-tie-selected-for-tv-1.838603

The weekend of cup games will start on the Friday night, with Queen of the South’s game against Falkirk given a 7.35pm kick-off time to accommodate BBC Scotland coverage

It's misleading to say we don't make money from the Challenge Cup, if the money is largely pooled - which I don't have a problem with - then everyone makes something out of it, it just wouldn't stand out because it will have disappeared into the budget in any case.

(Nonetheless I'm also a bit surprised if winning it made no appreciable financial impact at all.)

outwith actually winning the cup there is not much financial incentive then to progress to further rounds if money is pooled.be as well getting punted in the first round whilst others fixtures and injuries pile up

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Dodged a bullet there.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/dundee-united-s-scottish-cup-tie-selected-for-tv-1.838603

The weekend of cup games will start on the Friday night, with Queen of the South’s game against Falkirk given a 7.35pm kick-off time to accommodate BBC Scotland coverage

If that was a set kick off time the its good news that we are on the Saturday. I can imagine taking a really small away support for a Friday night game in Inverness.

While it's great the kick off is at 3pm on a Saturday the club has just lost on a potential £80k. Probably the difference between making a profit and a loss this season.

I think last night they said that we made more from the Scottish cup run than the Ramsdens run - not that we made nothing from the Ramsdens final.

While it's great the kick off is at 3pm on a Saturday the club has just lost on a potential £80k. Probably the difference between making a profit and a loss this season.

We've already had one on telly - the same as in last year's apparently profitable run. Also, there'd be something wrong if we couldn't make a few quid this season with the big three in the league. Turnover must be up, anyway.

And if that's not enough we'll just have to beat Inverness.

I think last night they said that we made more from the Scottish cup run than the Ramsdens run - not that we made nothing from the Ramsdens final.

If the club can't turn a profit when the big 3 are in the league, we've drawn Rangers away live on telly in the Cup and we're now in the QFs, then we'd be as well shutting the doors.

Really good to hear the club are looking into subsidised travel. Shows a commitment to bringing the fans and the team closer together, as discussed last night.

Get the team to come out to "All together now" by The Farm. This would be brilliant.

outwith actually winning the cup there is not much financial incentive then to progress to further rounds if money is pooled.be as well getting punted in the first round whilst others fixtures and injuries pile up

I would agree. There seems little point to the tournament at all if that is the case.

We've already had one on telly - the same as in last year's apparently profitable run. Also, there'd be something wrong if we couldn't make a few quid this season with the big three in the league. Turnover must be up, anyway.

And if that's not enough we'll just have to beat Inverness.

Maybe I overstated it initially. Will probably make the difference between breaking even/a small profit and a chunky profit. Would have been nice for the club to have an extra 80k regardless.

The consolation is a Saturday game and as you say perhaps we can beat Inverness.

Still think it's a stick on home win, probably 2-0

Maybe I overstated it initially. Will probably make the difference between breaking even/a small profit and a chunky profit. Would have been nice for the club to have an extra 80k regardless.

The consolation is a Saturday game and as you say perhaps we can beat Inverness.

Still think it's a stick on home win, probably 2-0

At least we'll be on tv in the semi and the final so i suppose its right allowing Falkirk and Queens a live game.