The New Raith Rovers Thread

This'll probably be a minority opinion, given the obvious humour value of seeing Rangers f**k up - but I really hope they go up, don't want another four games against them.

Might be a minority but i agree, i would happily never have those chaps in our ground again. Them losing in the playoff could be very watchable though.

Coming up, not great options really - don't agree that Angus is a good away day. But Greenock isn't either and Stranraer is soooo faaaaar. Last time i went the bus.broke down as we arrived, got home at 1am

Stranraer to come up, I won the 50/50 last time we were there.

For some reason I want Stranraer to come up as well. Not sure why, as it's unlikely I would travel down there. I think I just like the idea of travelling to a game down there.

If the Pars could sneak it too that would be okay. I'm torn here, as it would also be nice to see them suffer for another season.

Edited by Scary Bear

I don't think the change in times etc would have much of an impact on our season ticket sales. The quality of the fare will be of greater impact IMHO.

If Rangers go up, I would suggest less TV exposure so less games being moved (of the 6 home games changed 1/3 were due to Rangers).

My sons season ticket will be renewed and he's used it twice so far.

The one against us wasn't moved for tv either. It was moved to avoid clashing with the international and Alba then picked it up.

Could Ross Perry do a job for the bottom club in league one?

Rumours are that he could sign for us in next couple of days. I understand Raith fans thought he was shite - anyone care to say what exactly was shite about him? Attitude? Fitness? Positioning? Etc

All 3 played a part. Also he goes to clear balls and misses the football all together. He cant tackle. He doesn't attempt to close down men. He doesn't challenge for headers. His last game for us, a livi player managed to knock the ball past him in the first minute to go one on one with the keeper, and he decided to reach out and drag the player to the ground. We lost 1-5 that game with 10 men for 89 minutes against bottom of the league side at home because of that p***k. If that's an improvement on your current Cb's then fair enough but I doubt that he will be..

Rumours are that he could sign for us in next couple of days. I understand Raith fans thought he was shite - anyone care to say what exactly was shite about him? Attitude? Fitness? Positioning? Etc

His positioning and ability to defend were questionable and if he did get the ball it was usually just aimlessly punted up the pitch. I'm sure many of us will wade in shortly about him giving away a penalty to Livi after 2 minutes, subsequently being sent off for said challenge and Livi going on to hammer us 5-1. That sending off and the return of Dougie Hill made the chances of him getting a game very slim so made sense to get rid of him.

Pretty much well covered by Raithie and 92/93, but his positional sense is practically non existent. The number of times he sells out the guy next to him is unreal. Add to that his default setting is swing at the ball and boot it to f**k, which is not awful, though it concedes possession more often than not... but when he swings and misses....

There is a direct correlation between us losing games by 4 or 5 and then going on a 7 game unbeaten run conceding 3 goals or something in that time, and him being dropped.

Pretty much well covered by Raithie and 92/93, but his positional sense is practically non existent. The number of times he sells out the guy next to him is unreal. Add to that his default setting is swing at the ball and boot it to f**k, which is not awful, though it concedes possession more often than not... but when he swings and misses....

There is a direct correlation between us losing games by 4 or 5 and then going on a 7 game unbeaten run conceding 3 goals or something in that time, and him being dropped.

He was always somewhere on the pitch.

Better sticking with Wedderburn

This'll probably be a minority opinion, given the obvious humour value of seeing Rangers f**k up - but I really hope they go up, don't want another four games against them.

Fair point but if they don't go up there seems to be a good chance that they will go bust which would mean not playing them ever again.

What happened to Dunfermline 'strolling' League One? We've got 33pts so far in a league containing Hearts, Hibs and The Rangers and they've got 36pts playing in the seaside league.

Shame.

The pars are really fife rangers, huge sense of entitlement, moronic supporters of a cheating disgrace of a club, they deserve everything that is happening to them just now and more.