The New Raith Rovers Thread

Scott, Fox, Elliot and Stewart top my list of players to go. I'd also let Cuthbert go if McGurn stays (which hopefully he will).

Moon I'm not sure about. He's a very capable player but just hasn't shown it this year.

Nade would have a lot to offer us if he were up front with someone who was more in the John Baird mould.

Edited by Michael W

Elliot, Stewart, Fox, Scott, Cuthbert, and Mckay should all be punted. Moon, I probably wouldn't care too much about him leaving either. Our defence is actually pretty decent as long as we had a midfield who can protect them. Callachan and Vaughan I would like to see as first team players next year and possibly push another couple of youngsters as squad players that come on for the last 15 - 20 mins like how Vaughan and callachan started off.

Nade is a certainty for us to try and keep, he's been a big part this season, he was a major player during our unbeaten run.

Conroy and anderson are both certain players to try and keep as well. And the our backline of 6 players - McGurn, Thomson, Barr, Hill, Watson and Mckeown should all be offered new deals also. We should try and keep as many of they 6 as possible, and hopefully get ourselves a settled back five for the first time in a few seasons.

Elliot, Stewart, Fox, Scott, Cuthbert, and Mckay should all be punted. Moon, I probably wouldn't care too much about him leaving either. Our defence is actually pretty decent as long as we had a midfield who can protect them. Callachan and Vaughan I would like to see as first team players next year and possibly push another couple of youngsters as squad players that come on for the last 15 - 20 mins like how Vaughan and callachan started off.

Nade is a certainty for us to try and keep, he's been a big part this season, he was a major player during our unbeaten run.

Conroy and anderson are both certain players to try and keep as well. And the our backline of 6 players - McGurn, Thomson, Barr, Hill, Watson and Mckeown should all be offered new deals also. We should try and keep as many of they 6 as possible, and hopefully get ourselves a settled back five for the first time in a few seasons.

Wasn't that long ago we were saying how bad our defence was, what a difference since we got shot of Perry. Pretty much agree with you and I think a striker must be our no1 target next season to replace Elliot and Stewart as we are lacking a consistant goal scorer without Baird or Graham (Lend us him back Dundee United please).

Anyone heard if McKay is back at Rangers seen it mentioned on-line that he was at Ibrox yesterday and certainly wasn't in our squad (recalled?) wouldn't bother me much if he is back there would rather play Conroy and Anderson, McKay is a decent option from the bench nothing more in my opinion and we might as well give our own youngsters a chance in what is left of this season

Wasn't that long ago we were saying how bad our defence was, what a difference since we got shot of Perry. Pretty much agree with you and I think a striker must be our no1 target next season to replace Elliot and Stewart as we are lacking a consistant goal scorer without Baird or Graham (Lend us him back Dundee United please)

Graham is out of contract at united in the summer. I don't think he's cutting it at St Johnstone either. So I cant see them offering him a contract in the summer either. He may well be a Baird and bounce back to the championship in the summer

I can see someone offering Nade a better deal than us in the summer. Would hate to see him go

How many goals has he scored? Doesn't seem like many. Can't see him being hot property. He's not exactly consistent.

If be happy enough if Nade went, same with Elliot, and Stewart. In fact as long as week keep the current back 5, Callahan, Vaughan, Anderson and Conroy I'll be happy enough. Graham coming back in would be a great piece of business and a few other quality players coming in, in centre midfield and a striker and we will be in good stead.

If be happy enough if Nade went, same with Elliot, and Stewart. In fact as long as week keep the current back 5, Callahan, Vaughan, Anderson and Conroy I'll be happy enough. Graham coming back in would be a great piece of business and a few other quality players coming in, in centre midfield and a striker and we will be in good stead.

Agreed, just so long as the ones coming in have got a bit more pace than the ones leaving. That's been a major weakness all season long.

The problem next season is that there will be one team no doubt run away with the league (sevco / hibs) the relegated team from premiership will be competing for a play off along with Falkirk and queens. We will have an outside chance of a promotion play off but that is all.

At the bottom end we will still have alloa / cowden who we would expect to finish above along with Dumbarton and potentially Morton and Forfar so again not much risk of going down

Another season of 6/7th mediocrity beckons I reckon

The problem next season is that there will be one team no doubt run away with the league (sevco / hibs) the relegated team from premiership will be competing for a play off along with Falkirk and queens. We will have an outside chance of a promotion play off but that is all.

At the bottom end we will still have alloa / cowden who we would expect to finish above along with Dumbarton and potentially Morton and Forfar so again not much risk of going down

Another season of 6/7th mediocrity beckons I reckon

My question to the board would be then what is our actual ambition as a club? My understanding was for the past 2 season's it's been 4th place and the playoffs and we have failed both times (unless something spectacular happens this season). Obviously this season was always going to be difficult with the 3 big teams but we have really never looked like we were ever going to seriously challenge Falkirk and Queens for that last place.

Personally I feel we have underachieved the last 2 seasons in the league and along with the fact that we really aren't an exciting team to watch I would have a change of management this summer. I just don't feel like finishing 6th, 7th or 8th each season, just above several part-time teams who have a smaller budget than us is really what we should be aiming for. It seems that both Queens and Falkirk make much better use of their budget and are able to play better football and that comes down to management. Next season we have to aim for 4th place minimum and with Murray in charge that just won't happen.

As for players Fox, Scott and Elliot should be nowhere near our squad next season. Nade is useful if we play to his strengths but we haven't done that enough this season and I wouldn't be too upset if he left. Stewart always gives his best and I think his lack of goals is more down to our lack of creating chances than his inability to finish and I'd keep him as a back-up striker (which I actually thought he'd be this season). Cuthbert should go if McGurn is staying as it's a waste of wage and unfair on him as he should be a first team regular somewhere. One player who I'd actually look at releasing, but it won't happen, is Thomson. I think he's had a poor season and I honestly wouldn't be too upset if he went.

Think the reasons we have improved in defence since Xmas is a mixture of Malpas, Perry being punted and Laidlaw put out on loan. It's obvious Barr and Watson are going to be our favoured centre half pairing with Hill as backup. Think we need another midfielder, I have always been impressed with Ryan McCord of Alloa streets ahead of Fox and should be within our budget. Think also we need to go down the divisions and have a look at strikers cos they won't be any worse than some of our own ones at the moment.

If Nade was to go send him down PALMERSTON way please.

If Nade was to go send him down PALMERSTON way please.

Nade will be offered another contract. That's a guarantee. Some rovers fans think because he's not on 20 goals for the season, he's not worth keeping.

His job was never to score goals, Stewart and Elliot should be ashamed with themselves that he's scored more than them both put together.

Nade will be offered another contract. That's a guarantee. Some rovers fans think because he's not on 20 goals for the season, he's not worth keeping.

His job was never to score goals, Stewart and Elliot should be ashamed with themselves that he's scored more than them both put together.

What was his job then?

If Barr has any decency he will give us another season.

I can see why there is an argument for Nade to stay but he just doesn't have enough good games for me. I would show him the door.

We should be breaking the bank to try and get Brian Graham to come back to us. McCord is also a good shout. Always plays well against us as I'm sure we'll see on Saturday.