The New Raith Rovers Thread

Football is unique compared to other things that are branded as entertainment. This comes as a bonus half the time. When was the last time we actually gave a team a good doing, 5,6 nil?

Aside from Queens' Park last season in the league cup, probably Morton. I recall Jamie Walker and Casalinuovo coming on in a second half where we started 1-0 before tearing them apart 5-0. Incidently, I think that was Ross Laidlaw's debut.

Aside from Queens' Park last season in the league cup, probably Morton. I recall Jamie Walker and Casalinuovo coming on in a second half where we started 1-0 before tearing them apart 5-0. Incidently, I think that was Ross Laidlaw's debut.

IIRC Ian Williamson came on as a sub and scored the fifth.

Aye pretty sure the last one was Morton

I felt a bit frustrated today, some great stuff and some really really poor stuff. For a while a simple 6 yard pass was just nonexistent- crazy! Still plenty positives; Callaghan & Vaughan were superb, Stewart also played well today. Fox was ok in spells, but seemed to be as terrible as ever the rest of the time. Surely a youth could've come off the bench to replace him? Wasn't a great game from Anderson either, looked tired! 3 points is 3 points as they say though.

Ambitious shout but a win on Tuesday and a win against Hibs on Saturday, are we back in with a shout of 5th? (Probably not haha)

Clearly just going for a pie and bovril :P

Really shows the difference in sport as an entertainment that people go regardless of the standard on offer, if your favorite actor/director made a terrible movie you wouldn't go and watch it yet we football fans plod along every week out of loyalty then moan at the players for 90 minutes. We truly are a bunch of habitual mugs :lol:

One of the reasons I go is to catch up with people that I don't see very often outside of football. Ironic then that I sat alone at yesterdays game :)

What was a frustrating and painful season has turned out reasonably successful, with a big improvement on the pitch, some decent players and a few bob in the bank from some good gates and telly cash. There are still some concerns, with early season bad habits reappearing at times. But overall we're on the up when at one time it was despair.

What was a frustrating and painful season has turned out reasonably successful, with a big improvement on the pitch, some decent players and a few bob in the bank from some good gates and telly cash. There are still some concerns, with early season bad habits reappearing at times. But overall we're on the up when at one time it was despair.

I'm of the same opinion, really need to keep hold of our defence especially Barr. I for some reason think he may leave to join a team that gets promoted.

I'm of the same opinion, really need to keep hold of our defence especially Barr. I for some reason think he may leave to join a team that gets promoted.

I cant see Hearts and, Hibs or Rangers, whoever are heading upto the premiership and are going to be building for a Europa league spot, are going to be interested in Barr for that..

I think Barr's been a standout, steadying our defence considerably. Ive confidence in Hill but Barr is a better defender, with a better mentality. If he keeps playing the way he has I reckon we'll eventually lose him. Maybe not Hearts or HIbs, but someone like Dundee who have a habit of nabbing our players.

We must be the only team ever in the history of football to record a 3 - 0 victory against a team, considered to be stronger than us but still have a fan venting his spleen and calling for the manager to be sacked.

Does anyone actually know Tam? I'm convinced the guy is now on the wind up.

Incidently, Tam sits in the row behind me. He's a decent laugh at the football and I chat with him from time to time.

Few folk round me giving Murray absolute pelters while we were a goal up.

Tough crowd.

Same seats as we were at for the Alloa game? :lol: The folk to my right usually do my head in. Literally howl in derision any time a player misplaces a pass.

Few folk round me giving Murray absolute pelters while we were a goal up.

Tough crowd.

Maybe if he could orchestrate a home win over Hibs it would silence folk. Nah, I'm kidding myself on.

TBF I've still not completely bought into the Murray way. However, this season has definitely given him the right to remain as manager.

Hopefully he can find that "right blend" that managers are always looking for, by signing a decent forward and midfielder in the close season.

If Lewis Vaughan keeps on banging them in that would really help Murray.

Edited by Scary Bear

Maybe if he could orchestrate a home win over Hibs it would silence folk. Nah, I'm kidding myself on.

TBF I've still not completely bought into the Murray way. However, this season has definitely given him the right to remain as manager.

Hopefully he can find that "right blend" that managers are always looking for, by signing a decent forward and midfielder in the close season.

If Lewis Vaughan keeps on banging them in that would really help Murray.

I completely agree with this, I'm still in the out camp, but that is changing with every game. I will judge him on what he does in the close season. He'll be given major kudos if he manages to keep Barr and revamp the midfield and forward positions

There is the core of a decent squad there just needs to hold onto them and make good signings.

Need to keep

Mcgurn

Thomson

Mckeown (what a turn around)

Hill

Barr

Watson

Callachan

Anderson

Conroy

Stewart

Vaughan

either way

Moon

Nade

Cuthbert

Let the rest go and look at getting a striker and a couple of midfielders.

I've always felt one of Murray's strengths was his ability to sign up good players. The last two seasons have seen an element of excitement with who we were bringing in (for me anyway) but for whatever reason it's taken til now to see them playing to an ability we know they are capable of. Certainly on paper I felt our squad(s) over the last two seasons would have been more than capable of getting a top 4 place but hey ho. Maybe Malpas might work with Murray to re-sign mandatory players whilst seeking out decent replacements.