The New Raith Rovers Thread

To many times this season we been absolutely woeful especially at home, 1 shot on target in the first 45 mins yesterday! His obsession of playing Barry McKay every week is baffling and he's not even our player so to play him yesterday why?. The BOD have done a great job up until now but are in danger of ruining all that hard work by keeping the useless one in charge for another season when in all honesty I think he won't get his contract renewed next season unless he achieves a play off spot next season.

There must be some clause in his loan deal that he gets game time.

The club is a shambles simple as.

The club is a shambles?

Turning profit and comfortably finishing mid-table equals shambolic does it?

Certain small aspects of the club might not be as perfect as they could be but to describe the club as a whole as shambolic is booting the arse right out of being dramatic, even by your standards.

Teams which have put 3+ goals past us this season

Hearts
Rangers
Livingston
Cowdenbeath
Queen of the South
Hibernian

Dundee*cup
York City*friendly

That's two thirds of the league that have stuffed us at one point or another some more than once and Dumbarton will join the list next week the way we are playing. Sorry but that is unacceptable yes we have stayed up and yes we beat Rangers at Ibrox but for me the negatives outweigh the positives. Everyone at the club likes Murray and wanted him to do well but he just isn't a manager for me, he will no doubt start next season but I doubt he will see the end of it as he has lost the crowd.

We don't want to make this mistake again.

I don't think you'd get away with not playing loaned players. If they're punted out on loan by their parent club it's normally because they're not getting a game, why send them to another club to just sit on the bench?. These last few weeks have been the perfect opportunity to play him considering there's been nothing at stake.

I don't think you'd get away with not playing loaned players. If they're punted out on loan by their parent club it's normally because they're not getting a game, why send them to another club to just sit on the bench?. These last few weeks have been the perfect opportunity to play him considering there's been nothing at stake.

If anyone listened to the Greg Spence interview then he talked of going out on loan to Hamilton from Celtic. Hamilton were safe so dropped him and started playing their own youngsters. So you don't have to play loan players - unless we signed up to some sort or clause that says we do. Which would be stupidity beyond words

We should have done what Hamilton did to Spence and left McKay on the sidelines and played our own young players to give them experience/have a look at them in competitive games

Edited by roverthemoon

The club is a shambles?

Certain small aspects of the club might not be as perfect as they could be but to describe the club as a whole as shambolic is booting the arse right out of being dramatic, even by your standards.

Certain aspects of the club are undoubtedly a shambles. Making a profit or financial stability is only 1 measure.

Community engagement is rubbish. Progression through our youth system is pityful, the product on the park is a shambles, the PA system is awful, the paying customer is treated with contempt.

Sure we have turned a profit. Look at the TV deal and league money. It would have been very difficult not to have turned a profit in a league with Hearts, Hibs and Rangers in it.

Guess what we will turn a profit again next year as well. I doubt the rest will improve.

Certain aspects of the club are undoubtedly a shambles. Making a profit or financial stability is only 1 measure.

Community engagement is rubbish. Progression through our youth system is pityful, the product on the park is a shambles, the PA system is awful, the paying customer is treated with contempt.

Sure we have turned a profit. Look at the TV deal and league money. It would have been very difficult not to have turned a profit in a league with Hearts, Hibs and Rangers in it.

Guess what we will turn a profit again next year as well. I doubt the rest will improve.

The main point I was making is that to generalise the whole club as a shambles is absolutely ridiculous.

Statements like that pish all over the hard work that goes in to the club.

Points won against each team

Hearts 0

Hibs 5

Rangers 0

QOS 3

Falkirk 5

Dumbarton 6 (1 game to go)

Cowdenbeath 9

Livingston 6

Alloa 8

Hibs aside, the real failure was against the top four teams. That's where we need to see a huge improvement

Really? I'd argue the failure is the points dropped to teams below you.

Really? I'd argue the failure is the points dropped to teams below you.

Their record against teams below them is decent enough though. At least eight points against two of them, three if they beat Dumbarton Saturday, and the exception against Livi is clearly at least partly due to the fact Saturday was a dead game for Raith but crucial for Livi. In fact the three points dropped to Cowden are in the same category. Cant really ask an awful lot more than that.

If they want to improve their league position then its those above, especially Falkirk and ourselves, they need more from.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

The club is a shambles?

Keep clapping Andy mate,

Aye, ok.

You keep on posting daft generalisations.

Hardly generalisations when it s a fact. I'm not like you, I can't see the positives in another gubbing. Even if we have nothing to play for. The attitude of the players has been shocking again this season. The BOD treat the fans with contempt. Unless this is all lies.

Surely losing 2 homes to Livingston with an aggregate score of 9-1 is a massive failure? Surely having the worst league record against Rangers is a failure? Surely having the worst defensive record for home games in the league in a failure?

As for the cup beating Rangers was a success. No one is denying that and we all rightly praised the tactics and performance that day. However surely we were expected to beat Stirling and Linlithgo? I can hardly count those wins as a "success". Then we failed miserably in a match v Calley in which we failed to even look like winning. Now the probability of the same outcome occurring if we'd attacked them that night and had a go would have been high but at least we'd have had a go. So sorry but I can't count the cup as a success, it was more luck that we never faced a tougher team in the first 2 rounds.

My question is where and how have we progressed? We've got no more points than we've had in past season, we've scored less and conceded more, the brand of football is awful to watch and the same mistakes keep happening with no sight of any lessons being learned.

Murray has had 3 seasons for us to progress and we've never done it. We're an easier team than ever to play against and the only reason we're in 6th is due to the quality of the teams at the bottom, all of whom are part time and have a lesser budget. If that is deemed a success by the board then as a club we're going nowhere. We should be looking to Falkirk and Queens as a comparison and we've failed to match both again.

I wonder when the pre-season warm up games will be announced? The last thing Murray needs is another heavy defeat against a York type side or he will be getting it tight from the crowd before the season has even started.

Edited by Martin Nelson