The New Raith Rovers Thread

When was Murray's contract due to end?

Raith know their budget for the managers salary. Therefore look for the best guy who will accept that salary. The best guy?..... The one that can bring top players in within the budget and can coach! Simples!

Does that not sound more like us rather than Raith?

Have we really gotten so low that our rivalry is now based on who's struggling more? Has it come to this?

No, I think the point was a fair one. Adams suggestion seemed to be that he'd like to take on a club at a low ebb but who could and should be able to do better. As we've been saying quite a bit on the thread, that's not particularly true of Raith - where we are (and keep finishing) in the league is pretty much exactly where we'd be expected to based on budgets, attendances and other such quantifiers that loosely define the 'size of club'.

It is true, though, of Dunfermline.

(Nonetheless, from the STV interview, it's clear that he's interested in us.)

This bigger budget because of Hearts, Hibs and Rangers is a bit of a red herring. Every team in the league has an increased budget because of this

also think the board will have been disappointed in the actual attendances over the season including the ones against the Hibs

Me ? I thought we we all aware ....

:lol:

gies a sub

I think were a fair way off from being literally debt free

Edited by Rovers_Lad

:lol:

gies a sub

I think were a fair way off from being literally debt free

No problem mate, wonga style 47563478653478% interest ;) Perhaps it wasn't worded best, my original meaning was we are one of the clubs who have have a pretty tight ship the last few seasons, managed to drastically slash the money we owe out and i believe turned a decent profit last season !?

This myth of Adams climbing the leagues on a low budget with Ross County?

Didn't they have an average budget like ourselves while in 2nd flight until season they went up when they had biggest budget and huge squad compared to rest? He done well with RC in Premier 1st season, think he brought in far too many Johnny foreigners the next which upset the applecart.

Wouldn't be my no1 choice but ticks plenty boxes. Couldn't care less either if he was a fanny when opposing us, a managers job is not to come across a nice guy to other teams' fans. If he makes us successful and enjoying to watch again then he will make plenty friends within our club.

No problem mate, wonga style 47563478653478% interest ;) Perhaps it wasn't worded best, my original meaning was we are one of the clubs who have have a pretty tight ship the last few seasons, managed to drastically slash the money we owe out and i believe turned a decent profit last season !?

were on the right track

no happy at your interest rates