The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hopefully it's not. You don't sign someone because of what his brother is like. And Hannes Anier has done nothing of note in his career so far apart from being released twice from the 3 year deals..

He's played full international football for Estonia and scored. I wouldn't class that as nothing.

He's played full international football for Estonia and scored. I wouldn't class that as nothing.

Have Alloa not got an Estonian international centre half...or did I dream that*.

*I've not slept a lot recently so it's quite possible I imagined that.

Have Alloa not got an Estonian international centre half...or did I dream that*.

*I've not slept a lot recently so it's quite possible I imagined that.

Boris Johnston?

Sorry, I've not slept a lot, I thought you said Etonian.

Edited by Zen Archer

There is no danger lawrence shankland will sign for raith rovers, he knocked you back before and went to dumfermline who are a league below, that should tell you all you need to know.

Far bigger clubs than Raith after his signature.

If he's got that attitude, and he'd rather play at a lower level, then he's welcome to. I'd rather have someone who is committed and wants to take use a loan period to take strides forward.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't mind seeing Anier's brother. He's only played at a higher level so far and would probably offer something a bit different. He's even got an over dramatic youtube montage FFS! What could possibly go wrong?

Mind Brian Graham? Morton fans laughed at us when we signed him. ITS A FUCKING LOTTERY IN THESE LEAGUES. Is that plain enough English for some people?

Good night.

If we ever need a reminder that anything is possible for players, Gregory Tade was written off as a carthorse after completely missing the ball and falling on his arse after trying to shoot in a preseason game against Norwich. He's now the top scorer in the Romanian league and has scored in the Champions League. You're absolutely spot on about Graham. Our fans slated him for not scoring during his first six months. By the end of the season, they couldn't stop singing about how he scored when he wanted. Football fans are fickle by their very nature, and as you say they're ultra dismissive.

If we ever need a reminder that anything is possible for players, Gregory Tade was written off as a carthorse after completely missing the ball and falling on his arse after trying to shoot in a preseason game against Norwich. He's now the top scorer in the Romanian league and has scored in the Champions League. You're absolutely spot on about Graham. Our fans slated him for not scoring during his first six months. By the end of the season, they couldn't stop singing about how he scored when he wanted. Football fans are fickle by their very nature, and as you say they're ultra dismissive.

This is the same Graham that suffered a hernia and was made to play with said hernia under McGlynn, then he turned into the player he is.

Regarding Anier Jnr, not as polished as his brother but seems quite robust and difficult to dispossess. Anyone can look good in a showreel but who knows, he didn't score that many and almost every ball was on the deck is he another Nade in the air?

McKinnon will have been assessing him and if like JJ Hooper he's no better than we have then he'll be gone.

Also a fairly concerning quote in there about Toshney. MotM or not, almost exactly the sort of thing that can easily end up being more serious if you are unlucky enough.

Sometimes players need to be saved from themselves.

I noticed Toshney limping early on after what seemed like a bad landing then seem to run it off. I said to my son that I wasn't sure he was fully fit. Toshney I mean, not my son. Now we know.

Makes you wonder if he's gonna be a fitness concern in the long run, hopefully he's not one of those types who's prone to this sort of thing.

(Toshney that is not Brashy's son, though I wish him all the best too). Bad enough with one (Two counting Vaughan) player having rotten luck with injuries without another in the same position having a problem, could this perhaps be why Davo has been brought in too?

Toshney will be fine if he is given the time he needs to recover. If he isn't, that is the point he will become a concern. I do think we rushed him back too soon on Saturday, but hopefully we will consider carefully hoe he is before Saturday.

Positive news on Barr, but also indicates he is likely six weeks or so away.

I'll admit I was very surprised to see Toshney in the line-up against Livi. Felt it might have been a couple of weeks until we seen him back in action. If he's not quite 100% then rest him and allow Bates another game but having Bene back will certainly be a bonus going into the Falkirk game.

I'll admit I was very surprised to see Toshney in the line-up against Livi. Felt it might have been a couple of weeks until we seen him back in action. If he's not quite 100% then rest him and allow Bates another game but having Bene back will certainly be a bonus going into the Falkirk game.

Was a risk worth taking, he was excellent, you'd have lost the game without him.

So without Toshney, you would have scored 4 goals? You didn't look likely to score 1 never mind 4..

What he's saying is sheer shite but without Toshney the whole game would have changed and no one could predict the score. They might not have needed 4.