The New Raith Rovers Thread

As soon as we brought back the blue home strip, we probably needed a lighter away top, as the alternative was two dark ones, which presumably would have led to a clash against Falkirk this weekend.

Clubs generally get abuse for third strips, as they're normally just a ruse to make money, but this one actually serves a purpose. Plus, although they won't be on general sale, you can still have one made to order if you contact the club.

I suppose we could have just dispensed with the Remember jersey, but then you'd have folk moaning that we only had it for a single season.

I noticed one of the first FB posts on it was something like, "I dont like this at all."

Imagine a grown man thinking to himself, "I'm really going to sock it to them over this piece of fabric."

Tube.

Personally I'd have done away with the Remember top for this season. It serves no purpose this year in the context of why it was made however like others have mentioned it prevents supporters having to fork out for two tops in one season.

Also what's the deal with clubs who's tops clash? My auld man is debating that it's the home team who have to ensure their own top doesn't clash with the opposition and if it does it would be them that should change. If that's the case we could of wore either of our current home or away tops if Falkirk agreed to wear their away top which I believe is white.

Personally I'd have done away with the Remember top for this season. It serves no purpose this year in the context of why it was made however like others have mentioned it prevents supporters having to fork out for two tops in one season.

Also what's the deal with clubs who's tops clash? My auld man is debating that it's the home team who have to ensure their own top doesn't clash with the opposition and if it does it would be them that should change. If that's the case we could of wore either of our current home or away tops if Falkirk agreed to wear their away top which I believe is white.

That might be an old rule, I think they still do it that way in Rugby - i.e. the home team wears it's second shirt if there's a clash.

I noticed one of the first FB posts on it was something like, "I dont like this at all."

Imagine a grown man thinking to himself, "I'm really going to sock it to them over this piece of fabric."

Tube.

What is actually wrong with that? If he doesn't like it and comments, so what? It's really no different to someone saying they like it.

I ordered the top yesterday. I think it's lovely. Imagine me, a grown man, liking a top so much that I've spent decent money to acquire it when really it's just a piece of fabric.

What is actually wrong with that? If he doesn't like it and comments, so what? It's really no different to someone saying they like it.

I ordered the top yesterday. I think it's lovely. Imagine me, a grown man, liking a top so much that I've spent decent money to acquire it when really it's just a piece of fabric.

Exactly, burlap sacks are sooooo last season.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/championship/raith-boss-ray-mckinnon-having-a-look-at-two-foreign-trialists-1.894672

Another interesting interview from McKinnon.

Davidson injured already and probably won't feature in squad tomorrow.

But Toshney will be fit so him and Bene in defence.

“He couldn’t walk on Sunday and couldn’t walk on Monday, but wanted to train on Tuesday. He’s some boy, but he’ll be fine.”

Got to love Lewis Toshney.

Signing Coata could filter out be a case of being better latte than never, could he make a mocha-ry of the opposition?

.....I'll get my coat.

Hope he doesn't Costa fortune and isn't full of froth with no substance...

Isn't it generally the away team hence the name away top?

I'd assume it didn't start off as the 'away' top but simply as a second shirt and only became known as the 'away' top after it became the norm for the travelling team to wear a change shirt if there was clashing colours.

Ordered mines today. Looks one of the best we've had for a long time.

Official club homepage! Costa sign!!!

http://www.raithrovers.net/

Could be a chance for Grant Anderson to improve his service.

According to fantalk( I know), we made 2 loan signings yesterday..

Anybody able to corroborate this?

If true, then who can they be? Also wondering if they're going to be able to feature today or if they're not getting announced til next week.

I would be surprised if we made two loan signings. I'm sceptical about the reliability of this rumour.