The New Raith Rovers Thread

Can't see it being Walesy as much as I love that. The last player since Paquito who looked well and truely below his level before all the personal problems arose. Don't think anyone who was blessed to see the belters against Brechin or Peterhead will forget them any time soon.

:wub: I still watch those two goals every now and then.

Miss you Gary. :( xxx

Was it not him who was on the verge of tears when going on about how Ayr would win the league after we skelped Brechin 4-0?

I'll boo the life out of him!

Not sure about that but the week after Ayr lost to Brechin he said he was going to end our title hopes by scoring against us. Bobby Sloan had other ideas though. :D

:wub: I still watch those two goals every now and then.

Miss you Gary. :( xxx

:( Me too!

And so what we've pretty much known for sometime has finally been confirmed.

Dyer's went full-time according to the OS, which is a bit of a surprise I must admit. McNeil, however, is staying part-time. Dyer's signed for 2 years, with McNeil signed for one.

I'm not overly excited about either of these signings if I'm honest. McNeil should be fine as back up to McGurn, but it'll be interesting to see if Dyer manages to edge out Ellis for the LB slot. Once agin, we should be well covered in defence (barring another series of bloody injuries)

A new LM/W and a couple of strikers to go then...

Edited by Michael W

McNeil will be a good back up keeper. Yes he did make some unfortunate mistakes at Hibs but he played quite a few first team games and has won the League Cup with them.

I'll wait to reserve judgement on Dyer. The last time I saw him play was in our 4-0 win at Glebe Park at the end of last season and me and my mates could not stop laughing at how awful he was that night. I don't think he got a pass to a team mate all game. However plenty of players have had horrendous one-off games and I think it's unfair to form an opinion of him on that one performance alone.

I thought we needed a left back. Ellis tries and works hard and is clearly a loyal Rovers man but I just think if we are going to progress we needed something more. The majority of opponents this season attacked Ellis rather than Wilson and he was clearly our weak link. That may seem harsh but i do think his standard is top 2nd/bottom 1st division. He will be good to keep as back-up though and I think will be used more as a central defender next season.

Agree that we do need a new left winger and after signing Baird hopefully another striker to join him. No doubt we will also get a loan signing from United so potentially a few strikers to come on board in the next few months.

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

In fairness to Laurie, since the turn of the year he has been a complete revelation and has been fantastic in defence.

It's as much as having Laurie free to cover the centre half position as anything else, not necessarily that he's totally out of his depth, but givent he seaosn we've just had, that full back posiiton desperately needed another body.

I'm sceptical about loan signings unless there's good cover for them. This season, we were caught badly short when Kevin Smith returned to United. The only other striker we had was Graeme Weir, who failed to find the net this season. Jamie Mole wasn't really what we were looking for either.

There seems to be a lot of people talking up Ryan Dow from Dundee United. That's fine, but I think we should be looking to get in another striker as well anyway, just so we're not left short when Dow returns to United.

I can't see Ellis being used at CB unless we've a couple of CBs out. Campbell, Murray and Hill are all ahead of him in the pecking order. Indeed, Dougie Hill will be lucky to get a game when both Campbell and Murray are fit. I just hope McGlynn doesn't do anything daft and tries to accomodate all of them.

I'm sceptical about loan signings unless there's good cover for them. This season, we were caught badly short when Kevin Smith returned to United. The only other striker we had was Graeme Weir, who failed to find the net this season. Jamie Mole wasn't really what we were looking for either.

There seems to be a lot of people talking up Ryan Dow from Dundee United. That's fine, but I think we should be looking to get in another striker as well anyway, just so we're not left short when Dow returns to United.

I can't see Ellis being used at CB unless we've a couple of CBs out. Campbell, Murray and Hill are all ahead of him in the pecking order. Indeed, Dougie Hill will be lucky to get a game when both Campbell and Murray are fit. I just hope McGlynn doesn't do anything daft and tries to accomodate all of them.

We all know he will...

It will mean either Wilson on the right wing or Murray in central midfield but he will find a way!!!

We all know he will...

It will mean either Wilson on the right wing or Murray in central midfield but he will find a way!!!

McGurn

Wilson Campbell Hill Ellis

Walker Simmons Murray Davidson Williamson

Tadé

We all know he will...

Murray would prob go to right back, Wilson has played right wing before and he plays well there, certainly an option if needed for next season....

McGurn

Wilson Campbell Hill Ellis

Walker Simmons Murray Davidson Williamson

Tadé

Yep that's what our team would be if everybody is fit despite it having the wrong balance in midfield and about as likely to score as as Vikington on a night out.

If cheating will help us win...

:lol: