The New Raith Rovers Thread

How well did Daly do last season? Not very well at all, is the answer.

Whilst I will not dispute his past successes (top SPL goalscorer and did well initially at Rangers) he now looks to have become a bit of a carthorse. Given he won't come cheap, I'm not convinced he is worth a gamble. Rembember that standard of opposition he was against initially at Rangers too, and I think it may be fair ti say he has regressed somewhat.

The thing is, Jon Daly is actually the type of striker that we could do with: strong, can hold it up, a threat from crosses. Basically, someone who offers us something different. In saying that, whilst he may be the right type of striker, I don't think his recent record marks him out as the correct one to sign.

I'm not convinced he would be after big money. He was on the radio the other night saying that he's off to America (or somewhere else with designated player rules) in January, and he's not interested in going down south or anything in the meantime.

He was also saying that a lot of last season it was being reported that he was injured, but that wasn't true.

He sounded like a sensible enough guy, his record is pretty decent, I'm more than happy to see what he's got to offer. Certainly ahead of has-beens like McFadden and never-wases like Riordan.

That pretty much confirms Davidson in midfield for the foreseeable.

No really, it was there to see at falkirk that when craigen is played centrally we are better going forward, mckinnon has stated craigen isnt a natural winger.. Megginson has proved he can play on the wings. Petrie is a natural left sided central midfielder and has done well in there when given a chance, and after saturday i think mckinnon will have a very difficult decision to make with regards to centre halfs as davo was outstanding, could it be time to see 3 at the back?

Absolute disaster for Ross. Saturday was his best game this season.

We were going to build our team around Callachan and Vaughan this season and for both of them to get seriously injured before August is even over is unbelievable.He'll probably be lucky to be back before Christmas.

We have Davidson, Petrie and Matthews who can all come into that position but Callachan brought that box to box physicality than I'm not sure those players have.

Here's hoping for a Toshney-esque recovery!