The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think Ray will see his contract out with us.... On many an occasion he refers to us as a club in the making. I believe he shares the same vision as the board. There was a few articles in the local papers a couple of months ago saying Ray was already well into planning for next season.... I don't think he will throw all that work away. Also he's not a stupid man, he surely must know that now would be a horrible time to go to United....players unhappy and board in turmoil.

1/2 at McBookies

I'm not a betting man and don't know how they get their odds but the fact that McKinnon's already at the top of the list is quite depressing. I hope the board do what St Johnstone and Inverness did and tell Thomson to ram it.

Knowing our board he'll be off in exchange for a couple of sub-par loanees.

Dundee United are a much better long term bet than we would ever be but short term they are in a right mess.

I can't imagine that McKinnon wouldn't at least want to hear what they have to say though and I'm pretty sure he'd end up going.

A look at Fowler at Queens shows how quickly fortune can change in management.

Despite all the furore at Dundee United he'll be off, they have massive resources compared to us anyway. If he goes I'll wish him all the best. It's just who the hell do we get to replace him

Let just settle down with chat of who do we get to replace him for f**k sake, Mixu isn't even officially away yet. Ray has put in a huge amount of work for next season already, I think he'll be good for at least another season.

If he wants to go, let him go. There isn't any point having a manager here who doesn't want to be here. Just make sure we get plenty of compensation.

Where'd that come from? Who said he wants to go? Or is even thinking about anything to do with Dundee United?

Where'd that come from? Who said he wants to go? Or is even thinking about anything to do with Dundee United?

Of course he will be, it's only natural. United are his club and the fact he's signed a few players for the season ahead is irrelevant.

We'll be fine anyway. We are only a couple of wide midfielders and a forward away from having a settled squad for next season.

He did say he was very ambitious, we are a stepping stone at the end of the day.

Alright guys moved abroad last week so won't make the play offs  :thumbsdown so was hoping to catch them on Raith TV, I already have an account for audio for the season but don't see anyway to upgrade to the video outside UK.  Anyone know if this is possible or is just a case of different email and start again??? 

1/2 at McBookies

I'm not a betting man and don't know how they get their odds but the fact that McKinnon's already at the top of the list is quite depressing. I hope the board do what St Johnstone and Inverness did and tell Thomson to ram it.

In fairness, Mcbookies have John Daly as 7/1 to be first scorer tomorrow night.

It would be a crazy choice for Ray to go to United. Poisoned chalice. When the folk running the club don't care/don't want to know then it just filters down through all levels of the club. 

I think you called this right. If the Captain of the ship is "suss" then it will permeate down to the other levels. 

Clear thinking should come before sentimentality, i.e. his with DU being his home team.

He should also consider how ST conducted business BEFORE Jackie McNamara  left,never mind Mixu, McKay Stephen, Cifci and Armstrong away to Celtic, money not used for adequate replacements!!

You are right, at the moment, it's a poison chalice

Edited by Wee Sandy

Ray goes I'll not be happy whatsoever but my biggest concern is we have practically resigned the current squad who have signed 2 year contracts on the managers say so, he buggers off to UTD where does that leave us bringing in a manager who will be stuck with the team he might not fancy, also I think a lot of fans have bought into what Ray is trying to do just a pity it might go down the shitter and back to square one.