The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Reading between the lines, I'm not convinced we have the money for Skacel. 

That's a big concern given I still think we're at least two players short - another striker and cover at full back is still needed IMO. 

I read it to mean we dont have money for skacel and another striker, thats why GL suggested help from outside sources with skacel.

5 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

I read it to mean we dont have money for skacel and another striker, thats why GL suggested help from outside sources with skacel.

It was certainly open to interpretation. 

What we do know is that we were going to be a little more prudent this year as our board said so. Admittedly, this was before they threw the kitchen sink at McKinnon to try and get him to stay (and before any compensation/fees received for McKinnon and Toshney). I imagine that particular ship has sailed, however. That money would also be well utilised paying down the club's debt. 

Twitter chat still seems to be Hardie to St Mirren. No idea how it'd benefit him fighting with Clarkson, Sutton and Shankland for a start but it's looking that way.

Which would be disappointing. With an unproven 18 year old, Vaughan just back from a long-term injury and an injury prone Mark Stewart up front we're in real need of someone else, ideally with a bit of physical presence. Hardie would fit the bill perfectly.

I don't think there's been a single season since I first came onto p&b where pretty well everyone hasn't thought the squad was too small at the start of the season.

Hardies the present scarlet pimpernel here, they seek him here they seek him their??? But i think the pivitol move for us would be RS. We need some who has the ability to control the mid field, create chances and score goals. He fits that bill totally. Hardie would be a huge bonus if we could get him too.

Has Shankland been confirmed for StMirren? He might come to us if they get Hardie

St Mirren fans seem hopeful they'll get both of them.

Hardies the present scarlet pimpernel here, they seek him here they seek him their??? But i think the pivitol move for us would be RS. We need some who has the ability to control the mid field, create chances and score goals. He fits that bill totally. Hardie would be a huge bonus if we could get him too.

You do realise this won't be the 2011 Rudi Skacel we sign?

This is one instance where I hope that local businesses don't bother supporting the club.

Yeah another good signing up front for the Pars. Rovers can't live with us ........oh shit! I meant to post this in the Pars thread. Oh well its here now.

Meant to post it in the pars thread? But your first thought is to go into the rovers thread instead of the pars thread?

It's ok. We understand that we must be your big team. Thats the reason you automatically think of the Rovers before the scum..

14 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

What?

Remember he is 37 years old and hardly played for 3 years.

Edited by CALDERON

40 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

What?

Remember he is 37 years old and hardly played for 3 years.

Not according to the gaffers statement on him. Apparently played quite a bit. But whats more important in my opinion is his influence on the young guys and whwhat of his experience he can give to the squad.

Warburton is claiming his young players should be going down south on loan to learn the game better....if he gets his way, who else is still available worth getting or other loan targets? As much as I'd love to see Hardie return I can't help thinking we're pinning all our hope on it and we'll be left disappointed