The New Raith Rovers Thread

On the bright side, is the winter slump on its way to being over? We've pretty much filled our quota of things that happen every year. We've completely collapsed since the clocks went back, winning the two games prior and not winning since (now in mid-January). We've made some genuinely disastrous transfer dealings, signing players nobody in their right mind would sign and letting players go to direct rivals and for f**k all. We can't score goals. There are calls for the manager to go. And now Eric Drysdale has had a pop at the remaining fans.

What else is to come? I'm calling it a full house.

3-0 Rovers on Saturday. Stevenson (2) and Roberts. 

Edited by Paco

Just now, Martin Nelson said:

Lay off Locke, at least he's understanding about budgetary constraints and stuff.

:lol: That raised a chuckle too. While the club's finances are obviously the most important thing, the fact that Locke is more empathetic towards the constraints than McKinnon, Murray or McGlynn shouldn't avoid the fact that we're utter mince the now. 

Now we all know that Drysdale reads these forums...how else would he know about the "initial negative reaction". Does he also write the website articles (could be wrong).If so, he's just written the ultimate seethe article including quoting himself.

Once again another moan about fans. The majority of fans who go are season ticket holders so what does he want us to do...pay double? It's the club's job to encourage fans and the best way to do that is to win matches. We have not done that this season! The Pars match last week was a very good crowd but what part of the match itself would encourage any prospective fans to come along again. Look at any clubs attendances and it goes up and down with how successful they are. Is Drysdale really expecting fans to flock to matches with what we've had to watch in recent months? There's also the mention once again about "limited resources". We are all fully aware the club isn't loaded with cash to splash about but we quite clearly wasted money whilst still giving Locke a healthy sized squad. If we have "limited resources" why the hell do we have Rudi Skacel and Ryan Stevenson playing for us?

As for the player development fund I may be wrong but the reason it's probably not been backed is fans don't trust the board to manage the funds correctly. This has been shown up with Bates being sold to Rangers for nothing...or maybe something...I think our CEO and Managers should have a chat to get on the same wave length here...and in return getting the most average of players who has done absolutely sweet f.a. all season. There also appears to be absolutely nobody stepping up. On Saturday against Falkirk we had only 6 subs. Surely there must've been somebody to get an opportunity to a least sit on the bench and get some match day experience? 

Quite clearly the board don't give a damn about what fans think. I don't think I've spoken to anyone recently who had a positive thing to say about Locke and the direction he's taking us in. I have no doubt he's a decent guy and probably working hard but he quite clearly isn't a manager. But as others have said, so long as gets on with Eric that's the main thing.

This board don't have a clue!

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

Absolutely fuming! Mr Drysdale blaming the fans basically for the lack of finance , as a season ticket holder, merchandise buyer, rovers lotto  etc what more are you wanting off the normal fan  my months salary! No wonder the crowds are poor having to watch that crap for the last 2 months it's been diabolical including a manager who's signing policy is signing Hearts rejects, not playing youth, punting out the clubs top youngsters and yet beg at every corner to boost the development fund why? When youth doesn't get a chance, also his blue eyed boys who are never dropped take Saturday for instance drops McManus but soon as Stevenson is injured you think great Stewart going to get a chance naw McManus comes running on how many chances does the man get! Canny believe the Rovers sometimes especially Mr Drysdale a PR disaster

First time season ticket holder this season and it will be my last as long is this shambles is happening. Eric you can go f**k yourself releasing a statement like that! Your an embarrassment the same as the team has been under your neebur Gary fucking locke! Berating the fans who turn up week in week out when the product is pish for all to see, including yourself.

Definition of heads gone but I don't give 2 shits after seing my club being destroyed the way they are with the ineptitude of those In charge!!

12 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Now we all know that Drysdale reads these forums...how else would he know about the "initial negative reaction". Does he also write the website articles (could be wrong).If so, he's just written the ultimate seethe article including quoting himself.

Once again another moan about fans. The majority of fans who go are season ticket holders so what does he want us to do...pay double? It's the club's job to encourage fans and the best way to do that is to win matches. We have not done that this season! The Pars match last week was a very good crowd but what part of the match itself would encourage any prospective fans to come along again. Look at any clubs attendances and it goes up and down with how successful they are. Is Drysdale really expecting fans to flock to matches with what we've had to watch in recent months? There's also the mention once again about "limited resources". We are all fully aware the club isn't loaded with cash to splash about but we quite clearly wasted money whilst still giving Locke a healthy sized squad. If we have "limited resources" why the hell do we have Rudi Skacel and Ryan Stevenson playing for us?

As for the player development fund I may be wrong but the reason it's probably not been backed is fans don't trust the board to manage the funds correctly. This has been shown up with Bates being sold to Rangers for nothing...or maybe something...I think our CEO and Managers should have a chat to get on the same wave length here...and in return getting the most average of players who has done absolutely sweet f.a. all season. There also appears to be absolutely nobody stepping up. On Saturday against Falkirk we had only 6 subs. Surely there must've been somebody to get an opportunity to a least sit on the bench and get some match day experience? 

Quite clearly the board don't give a damn about what fans think. I don't think I've spoken to anyone recently who had a positive thing to say about Locke and the direction he's taking us in. I have no doubt he's a decent guy and probably working hard but he quite clearly isn't a manager. But as others have said, so long as gets on with Eric that's the main thing.

Sums it up for me Ding Dang . 

34 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Pretty sure he has an account he uses on here on the odd occasion. But yeah, he definitely visits the site, which is fair enough consider that first and foremost he's a Raith fan. Again, I refer to my post last night about the club and their marketing being on a different wavelength to the fans. 

Also, didn't Locke come out post-Falkirk and moan about not having the squad size and budget only for Drysdale to say he's understanding of it?

Edited by rw89

We've signed Scott Roberts after doing literally nothing except score one decent goal, I'll be amazed if even the biggest happy clapper in the fan base can see this as a positive move. 

Also another pop at the fans from Eric, good work you've probably just turned away a few more with comments like that. 

Someone has to take up the mantle now Turnbull Hutton is no longer with us.

1 hour ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Excellent post

So, in short, in Locke the board have a "yes man" in charge. Happy for him to continue by the sounds of it, as long as he doesn't ask for Money for players. The hearts Q&A thing is cringeworthy, and Locke should be concentrating on trying to bring the slump to a halt rather than swanning to get his boaby sooked by the jambos. Is he going to be laughing and joking with them all if we get skelped 4 or 5 Nil????

I hate these club statements with a passion.

I'm a big fan.

Which says allot about the statements, after being run by bunglecunts for years it's nice that you seem to have someone a bit shit in charge.

Not as shit as Masterton, but he seems a bit Yorkston ess with his horrendous statements.