The New Raith Rovers Thread

The rumour starred on Fantalk last night. A poster called Raith Resident said that he'd heard Locke had walked and his departure would be announced today. Other posters were questioning the timing of this and then someone (sorry forgotten the poster's name) said that they knew that there had been some kind of meeting scheduled for last night, so there could be some truth in it. At someone point the Dealine News article then appeared. Apparently, there hasn't been a Raith TV pre match interview with Gary either.

As Beachbum said, all just rumour at the moment... But we live in hope!

re: John Hughes at ICT. My memory of events was that he left Caley AFTER Locke had already been appointed. However there we lots of rumours, prior to that, that he would be leaving - though most likely looking for a club down south or with a bigger budget etc. 

4 minutes ago, Martin Nelson said:

There is also a similar story on Jambos Kickback but as time passes it looks less likely anything will be happening today.

He's probably trapped in his office/the door due to a fuckup by either him or the board?

#LockeIn

Edited by Boghead ranter

Anyone passing Michael Woods today - fancy having a wee spy about and see if he's there? Though, if he isn't, there's a fair chance he could just be giving the players an other easy training session to save their tired legs again.

1 minute ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Would be utterly amazed if we now sacked a manager with a game kicking off in less than 9 hours time. 

I'm still utterly amazed we gave him the job in the first place, so you know - hope springs eternal.

I've just had a look on Twitter, Matthew Elder has responded to a tweet saying (something to the effect of) he doesn't expect the club to respond to rumours ahead of such a big game but, according to his sources, tonight is make or break.

5 minutes ago, Nairney said:

I've just had a look on Twitter, Matthew Elder has responded to a tweet saying (something to the effect of) he doesn't expect the club to respond to rumours ahead of such a big game but, according to his sources, tonight is make or break.

It's an insane metric to hold the guy against. This isn't about one game, and even on the incredibly slim chance he pulls some kind of fluky win out the bag, it's not going to suggest he's found some magic formula for turning our situation around.

I don't think a one game ultimatum is appropriate. If we win tonight, he should still go as our form/performances have been unacceptable for quite some time. And if we did win, therefore sparing him, how many more defeats will it take for him to go? One would seem harsh, but then so might two. Let it get to three and suddenly it seems that the ultimatum ticker has reset itself.

I didn't think we'd can him before a Tuesday night game, but I let my hopes get up and now I'm sad. 

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Something regarding the club not matching his ambitions. I'm sure I read something about him being promised more money after the cup win but that then being withdrawn but I'm fucked if I can remember where I saw that.

3 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Continually moaned about not being given the budget, when his signings were almost all atrocious and he only had success with Butcher's squad.

Grumbled publicly one time too many and duly got punted.

Came into this thread having heard the rumours of Locke's departure and stumbled across these posts. This blog gives a good overview of what happened:

http://nareystoepoker.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/are-hughes-and-inverness-heading-for.html

So let's say you're a 1st team player. You've no confidence in the manager, no belief he can turn it around and are now worried about relegation and the quality of your own performance. Tonight, are you gonna put in a blinder, because you're a pro and that's what you do, or are you gonna lose a yard here or there and maybe miss a tackle in the hope that if we get beat the manager might go?

So do we boo the place down if we win? Will that be a clear enough messge to the board?

One game won't change anything, theres not much hope for Locke even if he did have the players are on side, the fans, quite clearly, aren't.