The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Big Berk said:

Never thought of that, but he didnt do well there as a manager, as we all know. I was more imagining him managing some club like Edinburgh City or even Spartans or the Shire.

Kelty Hearts
Cupar Hearts 
Buchanhaven Hearts 

Got to be one of these 3

Sure we were linked with a highly rated female coach last time anyone remember her name? not against this in principle but might be a bit too risky in our current situation with no experience in the mens game.  

No doubt others I have missed

Manager of Stirling Uni, hardly flying in the Lowland League, think we can put that to rest.

4 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Well that is that then I guess time to look and learn from the mistakes and get it right this time.  I don't know what he did in his interviews that made our board appoint him as his record is poor his reputation worse and his transfer plan seems to be to sign his old pals and former team mates.  Put this one down to experience and make sure we get the right man in.  Any names for a potential shortlist?

Danny Lennon - Think he applied last time obvious links to club and a decent previous record

Yogi Hughes - Great CV up here and knows the league although we might struggle to meet his ambitions was looking down England for a club.  

Craig Easton - Highly rated at youth level with us but a gamble to step up might get caretaker gig for a few games.  

Barry Smith - Lots of experience probably looking to step up to full time football again.  

Stephen Aitken - Believe he was close to the job last time and looking to try full time football, would probably unsettle Dumbarton might be a good thing, although might be happy to end season with them and has a good job outside football.   

Lee McCulloch - Was surprised to hear some mention he is making a name as a coach anyone know if there is any truth to it?

Stephen Pressley - Only if he brings his brown shoes, did well with Falkirk and not got a club.  We also have the horses arse song if it all goes wrong.

Sure we were linked with a highly rated female coach last time anyone remember her name? not against this in principle but might be a bit too risky in our current situation with no experience in the mens game.  

No doubt others I have missed

Lee McCulloch might buy you some elbow room but Barry Smith seems to have got his act together since joining East Fife, although it's maybe a wee bit early to be sure.

Absolutely the right call, but the decision to appoint him in the first place and on a two year deal is baffling, BOD need to look at themselves as well, hopefully now onwards and upwards, it can't be any worse (surely!), I think we have a decent squad that any half competent manager can do something with. 

Barry Smith reminds me too much of Locke. Got a lot of leeway whilst at Dundee due to his connections but generally Dundee fans were happy to see him go. Was then awful at Alloa (worst win ratio than Locke with us) and did nothing at Aldershot.

Yes he's had a good start at East Fife but then Locke had the same with us. We should be staying well clear!

We just had Gary Locke.

Exactly. I'd have thought you'd have had your fill of Edinburgh club supporting mumbleclowns who cant build a squad and blame everyone else for it.

Exactly. I'd have thought you'd have had your fill of Edinburgh club supporting mumbleclowns who cant build a squad and blame everyone else for it.

Yes, but Yogi is a pretty successful mumbleclown. Locke is a three time catastrophic failure mumbleclown.

Actually, neither mumble, they just have funny accents. More so Yogi, as he sounds like he isn't all there.

No chance Hughes would take the job given his interviews after he left Inverness.

Anyway, prepare for the media clowns to defend Locke and criticise you for firing their pal.

Guys to take the job;

Jamie Fullerton

Jackie McNamara

Jimmy Calderwood