The New Raith Rovers Thread

Disappointing to lose ferry and Wilson I think both are capable at this level. Big Mark Campbell going is a shame but I can see why Murray Is mote versatile. As for the restthanks for your efforts and good luck

Wilson has been poor over the last 4 months. Even in his prime he was never a great defender but is certainly dangerous going forward. I think the time was right for him to go.

Don't see what alot of others seem to with Ferry. I can only think of a couple of games where he has been any better than average.

Not overly upset about any of the names being on their respective lists (well other than Williamson but couldn't do much about that). Particularly glad we've kept Murray as I think he still has something to give at this level.

Totally agree. Initially I was sad to see the likes of Craig Wilson, Mark Campbell, Stephen Simmons and Mark Ferry were leaving but the first two really struggled for form this season, Simmons only really turned it on occasionally and Ferry had never been in favour after the first few weeks of the season so no real shock to see them on the list.

Retaining the likes of McGurn, Murray, Ellis, Davidson, Walker and Baird gives the team a decent enough spine although I don't expect there'll be too much added to the squad, other than the usual couple of loan signings.

Don't see what alot of others seem to with Ferry. I can only think of a couple of games where he has been any better than average.

I'm with you on that, he had a few good games at the start of the season and played very well in the 2-0 away win to QOS but every other time I've seen him this season he was pretty poor. Think the second division is more his level and wouldn't be surprised to see him playing there next season.

Maybe that's why he looks half decent vs Holmes....

Be good against you then.....:P

Har har.

A lot of our long punts started from Sparky. Hopefully with Ellis and Murray at the back we will see a return of the football that wowed the first division in the first half of the season....:lol:

Definitely need a new right-back, then. I wonder who it might be.

Grant Murray could be our first choice right back next season, with the defenders we currently have under contract our back four could be along the lines of:

Dyer-Ellis-Hill-Murray

I'd be quite happy to go with that although we do need backup in case of injuries.

SPARKY :bairn:bairn:bairn

One of my favourite ever players. Been with us through the shite so I'm glad he's been part of us doing so well - just such a shame he missed most of the cup run through injury.

Sad also to see Craig Wilson go. Maybe he has signed for someone (Dunfermline?) after all? I realise he's been poor recently but we'll be doing well to replace him. Ferry in recent months has had that "hasn't played for a while so every over-rates his ability" thing going on but I'd still have preferred to keep him. Must be a decision from the manager to let him go there as I can't imagine he'll be on much money. Simmons is probably, like Campbell, only going because of money. He's been all right on the whole, but whoever replaces him will I'm sure pick up the stick he takes.

Surprised to see so many "no bothered about them" posts. This is a side that's led the division most of the way and it's been totally broken up. Unspectacular they may have been but we're not going to have any better in next season.

Sparky. :(

Grant Murray could be our first choice right back next season, with the defenders we currently have under contract our back four could be along the lines of:

Dyer-Ellis-Hill-Murray

I'd be quite happy to go with that although we do need backup in case of injuries.

I hope not. I'd be happy to see Murray play in the centre of the defence or in a defensive midfield role if we are under the cosh a bit but he doesn't have the legs for RB.

We wouldn't mind the 50k + required to sign him, :P

S**t forgot he's one of the few under contract :lol: .

Harris will do, McGlynn will hand him an intense training schedule to work on that right foot :P

The question is. Will Kevin McBride be coming back, as his contract has run out at Hibs? I sincerely hope not.

Was notable that Simmons was pushed to left wing v the Pars, while K McBride kept his place in the middle of the park. My suspicion of Simmons leaving increased when he wasn't even in the squad v Partick (despite not carrying an injury or being suspended) and once again K McBride kept his place. I think it's clear that K McBride is higher rated than Simmons by McGlynn.

Hopefully K McBride will be asking for too high a wage and I would presume this will be the actual case.

I hope not. I'd be happy to see Murray play in the centre of the defence or in a defensive midfield role if we are under the cosh a bit but he doesn't have the legs for RB.

I agree with you that I'd rather have him at CB, him and Ellis were brilliant together at the start of the season. I do think he could still do us a job at RB though if that's where we ask him to play, he's done ok in the times he's played there for us.

Surprised to see so many "no bothered about them" posts. This is a side that's led the division most of the way and it's been totally broken up. Unspectacular they may have been but we're not going to have any better in next season.

I wouldn't say the team had been 'totally broken up', Campbell, Simmons, Wilson and Tadé are the only regular match day squad players to leave, as I said earlier, the spine of the team is still there.

I agree with you that I'd rather have him at CB, him and Ellis were brilliant together at the start of the season. I do think he could still do us a job at RB though if that's where we ask him to play, he's done ok in the times he's played there for us.

Wouldn't be too surprised to see Dyer tried at RB with Hill at LB and Ellis and Murray in the middle (potentially swap Hill and Ellis). I would prefer to sign a natural RB but can see this being tried.

We just can't afford to pay these guys over the summer. I think Wilson will be a big miss. The value of his pace and resultant ability to recover from errors or loss of ground especially. Undervalued in terms of positioning too, IMO. Could do a job for a better team than us, and we are unlikely to acquire anyone better.

I might be in a minority but I like Simmons in the team and would be pleased to see him re-sign.

Ferry is a difficult one. Great feet and brain but just that little bit slow.

Totally agree. Initially I was sad to see the likes of Craig Wilson, Mark Campbell, Stephen Simmons and Mark Ferry were leaving but the first two really struggled for form this season, Simmons only really turned it on occasionally and Ferry had never been in favour after the first few weeks of the season so no real shock to see them on the list.

Retaining the likes of McGurn, Murray, Ellis, Davidson, Walker and Baird gives the team a decent enough spine although I don't expect there'll be too much added to the squad, other than the usual couple of loan signings.

I think with Tade, Weir and wales gone, that we can expect to see two or three strikers come in, either part time, young loaness or what ever. Heard a few names mentioned and I think if that were true we'd be ok up front.

Also heard tale of a central midfielder coming in.

Didn't see our youth goalie on either list, or K.Mcbride. If those two did resign, I think we'd only need a new right back to complete the new squad.