The New Raith Rovers Thread

f**k me,him or someone at the club should know and understand the rules.Its incompetent
This is not the first time,memory a bit hazy but sure it concerned a cup tie against Dundee.Club thought one of our players( name escapes me)was suspended for the game when in fact he wasn,t.It was a supporter who picked up on it and told the club

Grassroots campaign to have@Yoss added to the board?

26 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

To be fair to Locke, two of our keepers (Lennox and Brennan) were signed by him, so he had adequate cover in place for the position. In fact, during some games, earlier in the season, we bizarrely had two keepers on the bench. Cuthbert, then Brennan, both became injured after Locke's departure. 

The board had the final say on how / when our money was spent  - they allowed Locke to make signings, that's why they have no extra left at this stage which might've helped to bring someone else in. They used their statement last night to try and take the blame off them and onto the SPFL. Today they've had to admit that they didn't exhaust all the available possibilities and that somethings fell through. No one else to blame here but themselves.

Edited by Nairney
Sorry @squeezeboxson tried quoting you, but something went wrong!

To be fair to Locke, two of our keepers (Lennox and Brennan) were signed by him, so he had adequate cover in place for the position. In fact, during some games, earlier in the season, we bizarrely had two keepers on the bench. Cuthbert, then Brennan, both became injured after Locke's departure. 
The board had the final say on how / when our money was spent  - they allowed Locke to make signings, that's why they have no extra left at this stage which might've helped to bring someone else in. They used their statement last night to try and take the blame off them and onto the SPFL. Today they've had to admit that they didn't exhaust all the available possibilities and that somethings fell through. No one else to blame here but themselves.

Cuthbert got injured before he left..

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

So if a player is on a amateur registration. No club can play them if they sign outside of a window, even if given a pro contract?

Players cant change status outwith a window. You cant give an amateur a pro contract unless you are in a window.

2 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

Drysdale on the news there, apparently he mis understood the rules and thought we would have been obliged to offer any keeper a contract for the rest of the season, not so say the football beaks. Turns out we could have signed someone out of contract for as little as one or two games if that was what was required. Facepalm.

As far as I know you do have to sign anyone for the rest of the season. SPFL rules say minimum contract length is to start of next window. Got a link to the league saying otherwise?

55 minutes ago, Nairney said:

That was basically the point I was making. There were quite a few blaming Locke last night and one or two today. It just bothered me that no one was pointing the finger at the current boss when he has had adequate time to sort the situation. Cheers.

5 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Can we recall Vaughn even though we can't play him? Anything to weaken our rivals. I'd rather have a pissed off Vaughn with Dumbarton a bit weaker.

VAUGHAN. IT'S CHRISTING VAUGHAN.

The amount of times I've seen people dropping the A is obscene. It really irks me too, for reasons I'm yet to full understand.

Also, no. 

He's not been in the job long but what (if any) differences has there been so far between Locke and Yogi?

He's dealing with a group of players completely and utterly bereft of any form of confidence. A number of people have said it, and it sounds really simplistic, but he can't go on the pitch and put the ball in the net for the strikers. We had about 5 good goal scoring chances last night and barely worked the keeper. I've no doubt if given time, Hughes would turn us in to a good side; he doesn't have that time. We need something to turn for us soon or it's 10th place. It's an old cliche but we need a break - a soft penalty, a goal which is miles offside, a goal which didn't actually cross the line - because all the hard work in the world just isn't doing it.

He's a motivator, hell I feel motivated just watching his interviews on RaithTV, but I fear the damage is done. We look every bit like a team who is going to be relegated.

23 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Can we recall Vaughn even though we can't play him? Anything to weaken our rivals. I'd rather have a pissed off Vaughn with Dumbarton a bit weaker.

Thats exactly  what i was thinking but the club will be to afraid of upsetting  lewis or Dumbarton. After tonight amd the fiasco with the spfl its time to look after ourselves.

19 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

VAUGHAN. IT'S CHRISTING VAUGHAN.

The amount of times I've seen people dropping the A is obscene. It really irks me too, for reasons I'm yet to full understand.

Number