The New Raith Rovers Thread

Jiglin Geordie so you only went for the freebies ok understand where you are coming from now another freeloader.  The 200 club is run by volunteers no one takes a wage.  As for food Mario would have opened up the pie stall if asked.  I forgot that would have cost you money that would have gone to the Rovers sorry.  The pie stall might have remained closed then shocking.[emoji20]

Might be time for you to go to bed.

A. Society is a sponsor so this was part of the deal.

B. Society is a good venue and the food will have been petter than a pishy cold pie from Mario.

C. I wasn't at Society but you do have a point, I can be a freeloader at times. I love a compo.

D. I suspect the food was free at Society. It wouldn't have been free from Mario as he'd have to pay for his own staff.

E. Aye let's all stand in a cold South Stand concourse to look at a few football shirts and talk to the players, sounds a laugh and no double there'd be more people moaning because of how sh*te it would've been if held at Stark's.

F. The volunteers you speak of, do we just assume they also want to give up their midweek night in the summer for a shirt unveiling.

Is that enough for you? Some people here will find any reason to criticise the club. Nobody, including myself, knows the exact ins and outs of every decision.

1 hour ago, Munter said:

Not being funny but the Raith Suite / 200 Club and all of the main stand "facilities" are like something out of the dark ages.

I presume you think that the 200 Club is still in the Raith suite?

Our club is quite narrow but we've done the best with the space that we were given and it allows us to give a five figure donation to the club each season.

I do agree that a modern stand would be ideal up the Pratt st side, though I suspect that the planning permission would be a nightmare.

That's before the cost implications.

Providing we sign Michael McMullin for LB..

Then with the players we have, the best/only formation we could play is 4-2-3-1

If everyone's fit

Cuthbert

Thomson Bene Murray McMullin

Robertson Matthews

Spence Vaughan B.Barr

Buchanan

Subs

Lennox
Callachan
Davidson
Court
Osei
Mackay
Berry/Thorsen

I would expect us to bring a couple of loans in, in August once we know what we'll need to supplement the team.

Starting line-up looks decent, we'll have absolutely nothing off the bench though.

Looks grand to me.

Are folk genuinely suggesting that last night's event would have been better if a couple of hundred folk had been rattling around a freezing stand, whilst standing in a queue to buy a pie, and tea out of a styrofoam cup?

Magnificent. [emoji23]

Are folk genuinely suggesting that last night's event would have been better if a couple of hundred folk had been rattling around a freezing stand, whilst standing in a queue to buy a pie, and tea out of a styrofoam cup?

Magnificent. [emoji23]

You beat me to it [emoji23] Never read so much nonsense, the boy Zico is wired to the moon.

I personally think it's a disgrace that Alan Young never hosted it in his conservatory. The guys a disgrace, if he was genuinely sorry for last season, he'd have got us all round and had Spence and Davo serving platters of mince, steak and macaroni pies in their new shirts. Clubs a joke! Imagine trying something new...

I've reached the point in life where I'm too old to be cutting about in football tops and to be honest I hate the feeling polyester on my skin anyway.

We're they selling any new fleeces, hoodies, polo shirts etc 

I actually can't stand a section of our support.

The club branch out to do a launch like this out in the community in conjunction with a local business, yet we still have puddle drinkers foaming at the mouth.

Firstly, it's a strip launch so really not worth getting worked up about. Seconded, the club have actually done quite a good thing that was by all accounts well received.

Magnificent. [emoji23]

Folk suggests 'plural'. One roaster is suggesting that.

Magnificent. [emoji23]

The way the wind channels down the concourse would have given a much better effect for the photos.

Would it not been better to open the South Stand concourse and the 200 club and held the diplay in the concourse and anyone wanting a drink visit the 200 club.  All money going to the Rovers.  It's not rocket science you know I dispair about what is running Raith Rovers they seem to go from bad to worse.

Just pulling this back to the top page; this is a terrific post. "Not rocket science" [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]