The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

Guys there's going to be a candle lit vigil outside Starks Park tonight for everyone devastated at the potential loss of Vaughan. There's also a support telephone number anyone struggling with the news can call to help them get through this.

Get a grip guys. He's created interest and if he goes then he goes. The more we can get for him the better. His stock is good right now and for people to pin all our hopes of promotion on him is madness. If we can get a good bit of cash for him then take it. It's either that or he walks away for nothing next year.

You have a real dislike for the boy.  Pretty sad to be honest. 

A bit of cash or promotion next season?  Hard choice. 

Guys there's going to be a candle lit vigil outside Starks Park tonight for everyone devastated at the potential loss of Vaughan. There's also a support telephone number anyone struggling with the news can call to help them get through this.

Get a grip guys. He's created interest and if he goes then he goes. The more we can get for him the better. His stock is good right now and for people to pin all our hopes of promotion on him is madness. If we can get a good bit of cash for him then take it. It's either that or he walks away for nothing next year.

I'd take promotion over cash. There's always the chance we could renegotiate his contract in January to safeguard us losing him for nothing. But I do sense your seethe

9 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

What an odd take.

As it stands, I think there's not much in terms of quality between ourselves and Ayr, but I do think we just about edge it, and I'm cautiously optimistic we'll come out on top.

If Vaughan goes though, I'd say the opposite, with Ayr having a slightly more talented squad, and more depth.

Lets say we receive even £75k, we'd then be reliant on Smith bringing in one or two players who could add as much to the squad to make the sale worthwhile. It's a risk, and I'm not sure it's one worth taking.

Edited by McGuigan1978

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

I've got a grip, thanks.

1. Being a guaranteed starter down, in a small squad two weeks before the season starts is poor enough, and leaves us little options from the bench.

2. The guy is absolutely integral to the way we set up, and we have no other player, currently, who can do what he does for the team.

3. It's getting to the end of July, any replacement would inevitably come from a more inexperienced loan player - the pool of which is a bit of lottery in terms of quality - or from the free agent pool, which by this time of year, is not a happy place to be fishing. Ergo, we are unlikely to replace him with a player of comparable quality.

4. Given the first three points will have a negative impact on our chances of winning games, any fee would have to be generous enough to compensate us for the considerable dent in our - hopeful -  push for promotion, given the revenue boost we'd be missing out on by staying in this league.

With all that in mind, we'd be absolutely nuts to sell him just now. Indeed, with our squad size we'd be nuts to let any of them go.

If we sell our best players, we won't get promoted. 

Let's get one thing straight - we won't get near £75k for Vaughan. He has a year on his contract and we're a League One side. Between £20-30k is all we'll get. 

We won't replace Vaughan with a player of similar quality. Selling him would be a disaster tbh. 

Edited by Michael W

If we sell our best players, we won't get promoted. 
Let's get one thing straight - we won't get near £75k for Vaughan. He has a year on his contract and we're a League One side. Between £20-30k is all we'll get. 
We won't replace Vaughan with a player of similar quality. Selling him would be a disaster tbh. 

Do you get it now Super Hans?!?!?!

Again, as highlighted in my earlier post, Killie fans were saying whoever they have lined up have agreed terms so on that basis I don't believe (at the moment anyway) that one of those players is Vaughan if right now all it is are clubs with an interest. 

It's a difficult one for Vaughan in all honesty especially if he's not actively wanting to leave. Personally I think if an opportunity comes along to play in the Premiership he'd be silly to knock it back however it might be outwith his control depending on whether the board feel what is offered is to good to pass up. Certainly would hate to see us literally shove him out the door considering how much of a vital player he will be for us this season. 

I just don't understand how we can all suddenly say that without Vaughan then we can't win this league. Given the fact that we've got the best 2 strikers at this level from last season.

He's a good player, he's also an injury prone player. Does his mean if he gets an injury in the next 3 weeks that we won't get promoted? Smith had recruited well so far and I'd trust him in bringing in the type of player that he knows he needs for his squad to work. Vaughans good but to start declaring him the only hope we have of promotion is madness. Having the club in a stable position for the next 5 years is a priority and financial stability will do that. If we let Vaughan go now then at least we can get something for him rather than have him walking away for nothing to what could potentially be a league rival.

If Vaughan stays then he would be doing his own career damage as well.

2 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I just don't understand how we can all suddenly say that without Vaughan then we can't win this league. Given the fact that we've got the best 2 strikers at this level from last season.

He's a good player, he's also an injury prone player. Does his mean if he gets an injury in the next 3 weeks that we won't get promoted? Smith had recruited well so far and I'd trust him in bringing in the type of player that he knows he needs for his squad to work. Vaughans good but to start declaring him the only hope we have of promotion is madness. Having the club in a stable position for the next 5 years is a priority and financial stability will do that. If we let Vaughan go now then at least we can get something for him rather than have him walking away for nothing to what could potentially be a league rival.

It doesn't mean we won't get promoted, but it reduces our chances.

That's fairly self explanatory, so you're either curiously myopic when it comes to Vaughan, or you're just looking for a reaction.

9 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

However all we have to do is offer him the same contract that he is on just now for us to be entitled to a development fee. So no matter what we would get something for him, or at least thats what i believe is the way it works.

What is your deal with Vaughan, has he upset you in anyway? We now have a Team with the potential to progress to being a better team. Lewis is an integral part of that. He was at the heart of everything we created yesterday. Albeit it was against Buckie, this is how a team evolves. I've been a twat on this forum. But right now your taking Twatism to a new level.

13 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Do you get it now Super Hans?!?!?!

He won't.  He's an agenda driven employee of the club (as he said himself) I'm unsure what his motive is for trying to paint Lewis as some kind of bad guy or shite footballer but everything he says the opposite happens so I wouldn't be too worried. 

Personally, I don't think he will move this summer and he doesn't want to move.  He needs game time and he will get that at Raith and is desperate to fire you boys back up.  Sitting on a bench doesn't appeal to him hence why he went on loan last term and no club in Scotland is going to pay dosh only to loan out again when they can get him on a PCA in January with a minimal development clause,. 

There's no guarantee any monies gained from selling Vaughan would go back into the playing budget. The board might feel this is another way to ensure youths are given a chance. Not that there's anything wrong with that but as Smith has had said numerous times they need to be good enough. Assuming we have a relatively straight forward season injury wise the youths will be bit part players imo. I'll admit I think Smith will struggle to find a player of Vaughan's capabilities if he leaves and we should be thankful Vaughan hasn't jumped ship earlier in all honesty. One of the few players that seems to have a bit of loyalty towards us in recent times.

15 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

What a load of utter shite.

1) you've changed your tune.  I thought it was made up he was good?

2) No he's not, he suffered an horrendous injury a couple of years ago but was fit the majority of last season

3) He won't go for nothing, there's a development fee.

4) How do you work that one out, staying won't damage his career in any shape or form. 

It would be good to actually know your gripe instead of all your made up shite tbh. 

Aside from his horrible injury, has Vaughan been out for a prolonged time before? He certainly didn't strike me as being injury prone.

SuperHans is just coming across as a jealous old guy with a personal grudge against him again to be honest.

In other news, does Mark Stewart genuinely not understand the offside rule? I feel like someone needs to sit him down with a whiteboard and explain it.

Aside from his horrible injury, has Vaughan been out for a prolonged time before? He certainly didn't strike me as being injury prone.

SuperHans is just coming across as a jealous old guy with a personal grudge against him again to be honest.

In other news, does Mark Stewart genuinely not understand the offside rule? I feel like someone needs to sit him down with a whiteboard and explain it.

Offside is one of his flaws, but other than he's a grafter.

21 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

1. Having two good strikers is for nothing if you can't consistently get the ball to them in dangerous areas. How often have we had not half bad strikers constantly playing the channels or dropping very deep because we couldn't get the ball to stick up front? The one season we managed that, lately, under McKinnon we did well. Vaughan offers us that link up play in a way none of the rest of them do. Beyond that, our two other awesomeballs strikers may get injured, or lose form, and we may need to push him more centrally. If he's not here, we're then relying on relatively untested players like Court and Osei.

2. His ACL injury aside, he's not 'injury prone' - that term applies to someone who regularly misses a game in 3 or 5.

3. He's not the 'only hope' but it's myopic to not realize how integral he is in allowing others to play their game. Him leaving now throws a couple of months of preparation out of the window two weeks before season KO, in a league where there is little room for error. Especially with no ready replacement for him.

4. We'll be lucky to get £30k for him, more likely a nominal fee and some bandy legged, pimply shitehawk on loan from whoever we sell him to. Relegation took something like £100k from our revenue. There is no way selling him now is any appreciable help in our long term stability.

10 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

His whole game is about playing off the shoulder, the older he gets, inevitably the closer to the wind he'll tack with regards to offside.