The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 hours ago, SuperHans said:

Guys there's going to be a candle lit vigil outside Starks Park tonight for everyone devastated at the potential loss of Vaughan. There's also a support telephone number anyone struggling with the news can call to help them get through this.

Get a grip guys. He's created interest and if he goes then he goes. The more we can get for him the better. His stock is good right now and for people to pin all our hopes of promotion on him is madness. If we can get a good bit of cash for him then take it. It's either that or he walks away for nothing next year.

I think this might be the first post I have ever voted down, anywhere.

Lost for words on how useless this post actually is.

If he's as good as worthless (like you suggest) nobody will pay anything worthwhile so we might as well keep him to push for promotion, however even if he's as good as premier teams may or may not think he is the end result is that nobody pays decent money for anyone anymore (not even rangers as the bates fiasco proved) so again we might as well keep what we have and push for promotion.

5 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Offside is one of his flaws, but other than he's a grafter.

I figure that one day he'll end  up offside in his own penalty box.

6 hours ago, SuperHans said:

Guys there's going to be a candle lit vigil outside Starks Park tonight for everyone devastated at the potential loss of Vaughan. There's also a support telephone number anyone struggling with the news can call to help them get through this.

Get a grip guys. He's created interest and if he goes then he goes. The more we can get for him the better. His stock is good right now and for people to pin all our hopes of promotion on him is madness. If we can get a good bit of cash for him then take it. It's either that or he walks away for nothing next year.

would it not be better if he goes now instead of January ? if he goes at all.

Just now, greggyt1985 said:

Can we not just sell superhans to Dundee or killie??

Nobody wants him. He's the Scott Roberts of Pie and Bovril posters. Actually, even then Scott Roberts did score a thunderb*****d against Dumbarton. 

He's the Ross Perry of Pie and Bovril posters...

If Vaughan goes our 'cover' up front consists of Court and Osei. With a grand total of about 3 senior goals between them.

Plenty of cover up front if we are relying on youth players to win us the league.

SuperHans is desperate for us to get rid of Vaughan - one of our few 'creative' players - and get in McHattie or worse at LB.

We're short of players as it is and getting rid of the better ones, while signing dross, will probably lead to an extended stay in League 1.

Ok then I'll put it this way:

What are we guaranteed if he stays with us?

What are we guaranteed if he is sold?

We are Gaurenteed f**k all in either scenario. You really seem a bit simple.

We gave bates away for a a loan signing last season. So "selling" him Gaurentees us nothing. Keeping him doesn't gaurentee we will be promoted but it does keep what is looking like a strong team together less than 2 weeks before our league campaign kicks off.

Why do you want to lose a player that could have a big impact on our season? He proved in a higher division last season he is good enough. Albeit not for us, but that's drysdale et alls fault not his.

7 hours ago, SuperHans said:

Dunno if this bloke is a BoD mole or an out and out troll,or  a patronising :1eye eejit,whatever he's really spouts some &*%@ !!

Nobody wants him. He's the Scott Roberts of Pie and Bovril posters. Actually, even then Scott Roberts did score a thunderb*****d against Dumbarton. 
He's the Ross Perry of Pie and Bovril posters...

Who does that make you?

A boring, pathetic nobody with zero impact... Sounds like Thomas Hadjrovsky!

5 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Ok then I'll put it this way:

What are we guaranteed if he stays with us?

What are we guaranteed if he is sold?

If he stays we're guaranteed an excellent player, who'll give 100% when he pulls on the shirt and provides us excellent. He's clearly a fans favourite, and will be one of the best players in terms of technique in the league. 

If he's sold, we're guaranteed to get a shite deal on the back of our board who "couldn't stand in the lads way" as they did with Bates. 

But it's a moot point as it'd be completely backwards to operate in guarantees in football at this level. We need to take the gamble. If we sell Vaughan, there's nothing to guarantee we'd get a good deal. Nothing to guarantee we'd get any fee as the board would probably accept "sell on clauses". Nothing to guarantee we would put money into the playing budget to help us. 

Selling him guarantees a return of some sort, keeping him guarantees nothing. We didn't get "nothing" for bates. The loan players weren't up to much but who were the people making the decisions on who we brought in? Didn't hear anyone complaining when Ryan "scores when he wants" Hardie was brought in...

The Bates deal will not leave us with nothing in the long term. I'm fully confident that there will have been contract bolt ons for reselling etc. It didn't benefit us in the short term but if he goes further in his career than we may get some kind of return from him.

Vaughan is a different kettle of fish altogether and lessons have bound to be learnt over the last season. The BoD might well weigh up the financial offer for him and think exactly what most of you have said and decide he might have more value to us this season than if we sold him. But all I'm saying is if the price is right then sell while he's in demand.

4 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Selling him guarantees a return of some sort, keeping him guarantees nothing. We didn't get "nothing" for bates. The loan players weren't up to much but who were the people making the decisions on who we brought in? Didn't hear anyone complaining when Ryan "scores when he wants" Hardie was brought in...

The Bates deal will not leave us with nothing in the long term. I'm fully confident that there will have been contract bolt ons for reselling etc. It didn't benefit us in the short term but if he goes further in his career than we may get some kind of return from him.

Vaughan is a different kettle of fish altogether and lessons have bound to be learnt over the last season. The BoD might well weigh up the financial offer for him and think exactly what most of you have said and decide he might have more value to us this season than if we sold him. But all I'm saying is if the price is right then sell while he's in demand.

You got Scott Roberts. That's worse than nothing.

If he's not actively looking to leave the board can't spin their 'couldn't stand in his way' spiel. More likely 'we couldn't resist a few bob which by the way may or may not go towards the playing budget. We need it for our plastic pitch'.

Why are you fully confident when we haven't heard anything of the sort from the people who made the deal? Our own chairman essentially said let's hope he improves as a player.

We didn't get an upfront fee for bates nor a gaurentee of a future fee, so bar a couple of loan signings what did we get?

All anyone else is saying is that unless we are offered 6 figures he's worth more to us at our club this season. It's a real shame you can't just appreciate the talent in front of you in our squad.

8 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Who does that make you?

A boring, pathetic nobody with zero impact... Sounds like Thomas Hadjrovsky!

You going to send a threatening PM to me this time?

2 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Let's be honest, we all know that's rubbish. Our chairman literally came out and said "we couldn't stand in the boys way". Locke was out in the paper saying we didn't get any money on the back of in the papers. 

But this is the board who appointed Locke as a "quality appointment". The board who gave him free reign to him to sign 37 year old Rudi Skacel using a sponsors money. The board who pandered to Hearts fans for hospitality with a Q&A for Skacel and Locke for hospitality while criticising our fans for not showing up when we'd been on a horrendous run of form. The board who wait until February to finally get rid of Locke after not winning a game since October. The board who decided to sanctioned the loan of our lord and saviour Lewi to Dumbarton, while bringing in "Retiring" Ryan Stevenson. The board who, despite having a member who was on the board of the SPFL, didn't know the rules regarding transfers forcing us into fielding Stevenson in goals against Ayr.

It's the manager making the decision, but the board shouldn't be given any absolution for our clusterfuck of a season. Frankly, our board are the reason we're in this league at the moment. I wouldn't trust them with any decision at the moment. I'll give full backing to the team and the management, but the board need to take a long, hard look at the way things are done. If we get a sizeable cash offer, nobody is going to say "don't consider it". But the majority of fans have no faith in them due to them selling themselves short on these types of things. 

Why are you fully confident when we haven't heard anything of the sort from the people who made the deal? Our own chairman essentially said let's hope he improves as a player.

We didn't get an upfront fee for bates nor a gaurentee of a future fee, so bar a couple of loan signings what did we get?

All anyone else is saying is that unless we are offered 6 figures he's worth more to us at our club this season. It's a real shame you can't just appreciate the talent in front of you in our squad.

I can see his talent and I can also see his value. And I'm weighing his potential value versus him staying with us for another season. So far I feel that while he's on good form and there's interest then I would say selling him now and getting something for his is better than potentially nothing.

As far as the Rangers deal goes; there will have been notes and clauses written into that contract which say that the full terms of the deal can't be made public. That was pretty much what the chairman said in the interview.

Let's be honest, we all know that's rubbish. Our chairman literally came out and said "we couldn't stand in the boys way". Locke was out in the paper saying we didn't get any money on the back of in the papers. 
But this is the board who appointed Locke as a "quality appointment". The board who gave him free reign to him to sign 37 year old Rudi Skacel using a sponsors money. The board who pandered to Hearts fans for hospitality with a Q&A for Skacel and Locke for hospitality while criticising our fans for not showing up when we'd been on a horrendous run of form. The board who wait until February to finally get rid of Locke after not winning a game since October. The board who decided to sanctioned the loan of our lord and saviour Lewi to Dumbarton, while bringing in "Retiring" Ryan Stevenson. The board who, despite having a member who was on the board of the SPFL, didn't know the rules regarding transfers forcing us into fielding Stevenson in goals against Ayr.
It's the manager making the decision, but the board shouldn't be given any absolution for our clusterfuck of a season. Frankly, our board are the reason we're in this league at the moment. I wouldn't trust them with any decision at the moment. I'll give full backing to the team and the management, but the board need to take a long, hard look at the way things are done. If we get a sizeable cash offer, nobody is going to say "don't consider it". But the majority of fans have no faith in them due to them selling themselves short on these types of things. 

Now run along Super Hans or which ever member of the board you are, and tell them we are displeased with their amateurish stewardship.

I can see his talent and I can also see his value. And I'm weighing his potential value versus him staying with us for another season. So far I feel that while he's on good form and there's interest then I would say selling him now and getting something for his is better than potentially nothing.

As far as the Rangers deal goes; there will have been notes and clauses written into that contract which say that the full terms of the deal can't be made public. That was pretty much what the chairman said in the interview.

Unfortunately that view is very much short termism. The money we can make by going back up is vastly superior to what we would make selling him now. We have a squad of players who would Imo be safe in the championship this coming season. We are also able to get a development fee once his contract runs out. That's assuming he doesn't sign a new contract aswell.

Your obviously correct with the bates situation but from what iv been told and what iv seen coming from the board we have to hope he becomes a lot better than he looks like becoming. It was a disaster of a deal from the club. Rangers are a basket case so even if we were due money there's no gaurentee we would receive it.

Surely this has to be trolling? Otherwise did Vaughan shit on your carpet or something? There are no guarantees in football so why gamble at this stage in the season? We already have a small squad by reducing it further with no guarantees of any players never mind quality ones coming in from any resultant fee is lunancy.