The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I'd be interested to see the pens awarded stats for other teams in the division, as well as Dunfermline, who it feels as though have had about 15 in that time! 

We've had hunners right enough but we missed about 95% of them. I'm sure someone on .nut posted that if we'd scored them all we'd have jumped two places in last years Championship. We missed 3 in one half FFS.

The 50 games without a penalty really is a ridiculous stat. Think we went through a period of similar under McGlynn. Some of the shouts have been ridiculous though. To go through all that time is a bit crazy. I think I posted on fantalk our last goal scored in the league from a penalty was Craigen against Queen of the South in March 2016. We're overdue a bit of a break at the moment with our draw last week, the abandonment against Stranraer and our injury crisis during the first quarter. Hopefully we get back to full strength, and get more consistently in our defence and midfield line ups.

I think it's fair to say that over the last few years we have had certain players in our squad who have went down a bit easily. That has to be counting against us in the minds of the referees and is definitely not being helped by Zannatta's antics this season.

Plenty of “honest mistakes” from referees against us. Clearly a deep conspiracy against us going on it the murky corridors of power at the SFA.

They’ve been watching re-runs of Thomson’s dive against Cowden in the 4-3 game I’d say.

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Aaron Lennox starts for the 20s tonight. No Dave McKay though. Could mean he's injured, could mean he's being rested for Saturday.

McKay is fit, he's being kept back for the East Fife game.

Shame. A crocked Cat is still probably a slightly less nervy option than Graeme "Lord of the Dance" Smith. 

Nice one. Smith's wee pre-match routine amuses me - a wee jig or shimmy at his left hand post. Clearly doing some muscle memory work there on how to out-jink an attacker.

Or not.