The New Raith Rovers Thread

Smith going down the 'hopefully we can just outscore the opposition' route if we did sign Austin I'm guessing. It's not exactly worked out for the likes of Buchanan who most folk thought would score a shedload for us this season. 

If it's true that we're somehow offering 'substantially higher wages' than Livi for Austin then I can only assume we have a set price for Vaughan or the deals already done. How we can go from being unable to sign yon Dundee boy on loan due to medical bills then suddenly be flush with cash to outbid a Championship team for a player is beyond me. Unless Sim has dipped into his pocket.

8 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

According to twitter, Hearts are set to sign Vaughan? Surely not? They were the only team I would have said he would 100%,not, sign for..

January really is gonna be just as nerve-wracking as the summer was, isn't it?

Who on twitter said that?

We sold Callachan, and our performance dropped significantly - however we are still, somehow, barely making a race of it with Ayr.

Sell Vaughan and we are as well getting the boys onto college courses now 'cos we'll be part time in league 1 next year.

Who on twitter said that?
We sold Callachan, and our performance dropped significantly - however we are still, somehow, barely making a race of it with Ayr.
Sell Vaughan and we are as well getting the boys onto college courses now 'cos we'll be part time in league 1 next year.

It looks like the Vaughan to Hearts has turned out to be shite now.

A few Dundee fans acting as if they've already signed him now though. It's to be expected though for our best player in January.

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

You’d imagine the Austin deal would be subject to Vaughan moving on. 

It has to be if the rumours are true about us outbidding Livi although Austin could realistically sign for ICT and Vaughan could leave putting us in a bit of a pickle if Smith has his hope set on Austin as a replacement for Vaughan in some capacity. As I mentioned above we couldn't bring in the Dundee centre half on loan as we had to fork out for medical bills....now we're somehow outbidding a Championship team for a player. It's either Vaughan is moving on or Sim has loosened the purse strings. Or the rumours are all bollocks :P

Could also be perhaps Livi are just running things on a really tight and sensible budget?  I’d have Vaughan over Austin any day of the week, and would rather we concentrated on other areas of the pitch.  If we were to do that, and bring in Austin then that’s fine – but that will almost certainly not happen.

Looking at the conditions over the past couple of days, and forecast for later today and tomorrow, surely the common sense approach would be to call our game off with Stranraer either later this evening or first thing tomorrow morning if there is any doubt what so ever?

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Did the game down at Stranraer that got abandoned pass a morning inspection? 

There was no inspection, the chairman was content with conditions and said the earliest inspection would be 13:30 when the match referee arrived.

23 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

the pitch was frozen when they put the covers down on boxing day. At what point will it have thawed out? Also - given the amount of snow they have down in Dumfries, they should be taking the travelling team/support into account.

Of course they should, but its almost 24 hours until such a call will need to be made - during which there is to be decent temperatures in Kirckaldy and the snow is due to stop today in Southern Scotland - theres not a huge amount  of pressing urgency today.

The club havent had a home game for 3 weeks, they cant afford to call games off early that might well easily go ahead, just to convenience people. 

10 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Of course they should, but its almost 24 hours until such a call will need to be made - during which there is to be decent temperatures in Kirckaldy and the snow is due to stop today in Southern Scotland - theres not a huge amount  of pressing urgency today.

The club havent had a home game for 3 weeks, they cant afford to call games off early that might well easily go ahead, just to convenience people. 

That's fair enough, but money shouldn't be put ahead of peoples safety. Like I say, a decision should be made early. Either later this evening, or 8am tomorrow morning.

8 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

That's fair enough, but money shouldn't be put ahead of peoples safety. Like I say, a decision should be made early. Either later this evening, or 8am tomorrow morning.

To a certain extent, but I think that people have a degree of responsibility for their own safety.  Stranraer should be able to make a call themselves if its safe enough for them to travel to Kirkcaldy or not, thats not the responsibility of RRFC.  Similarly with fans.  As the surrounding area outside the ground is safe and the pitch is playable, the club cant do too much.

If Stranraer think the weather isnt safe to travel in, they can make that call.  It's not up to us.