The New Raith Rovers Thread

thank goodness

I personally feel he’s exactly what we need. Injuries or not, we’ve got by far the best goals against record.

We need a target man, somebody over 6ft and knows how to use his head, especially as we don’t play the most attractive football and the pitch will get worse as the season goes on. Someone of his experience would be vital in a promotion push and I’m gutted to see he won’t be joining us.

27 minutes ago, Wullie McNaught said:

I genuinely believe he’s good enough already to stroll into Dundee’s first team. When he fully matures as a player he’d be looking at a move to the likes of Hibs, Aberdeen etc. His ability is obvious, he’s not only miles ahead of anything in this league but also all of the journeyman championship dross. So aye, Dundee would be a stepping stone for Lewis, just as they were for Novo.

As I said, he’s better staying put until the summer then getting a move to his beloved Hibs where he’ll be allowed to develop without the constant threat of relegation that the Dees face. He’s also shown no inclination to leave this season so if he does go in January it’ll be down to the “business acumen” of our BOD.

Dundee would be a huge step up for Vaughan right now. He has never consistently performed at Championship level over a whole season, let alone Premiership.

I wouldn't go as far as saying a stepping stone.

What I will say is unlike, McHattie, Court, Matthews... Vaughan technically doesn't have a relegation on his CV as he wasn't part of the Rovers team to be relegated.

He goes to Dundee, he will more than likely have a relegation on his CV come May 2018. His stock will drop rapidly and he'll be back playing in the Championship next season.

He stays with us and has a promotion on his CV, His stock will go up and he'll get the chance of a much better and more stable team than Dundee for example Hibs, St Johnstone etc.

I genuinely believe he’s good enough already to stroll into Dundee’s first team. When he fully matures as a player he’d be looking at a move to the likes of Hibs, Aberdeen etc. His ability is obvious, he’s not only miles ahead of anything in this league but also all of the journeyman championship dross. So aye, Dundee would be a stepping stone for Lewis, just as they were for Novo.

As I said, he’s better staying put until the summer then getting a move to his beloved Hibs where he’ll be allowed to develop without the constant threat of relegation that the Dees face. He’s also shown no inclination to leave this season so if he does go in January it’ll be down to the “business acumen” of our BOD.

Dundee realistically could be in the same league as us next season. Highly doubt he’d move there.

Ffs lads.

Seems to me there are areas further in need of strengthening than our attack. In particular, we are short in midfield and could do with backup in defence since McHattie seems to be permanently injured. 

Interesting that there appears to be some funds available. Wasn't sure there would be given our early exit from the Scottish Cup. 

Interesting that there appears to be some funds available. Wasn't sure there would be given our early exit from the Scottish Cup. 

Could be that we’ll be getting some funds in from selling Vaughan?

43 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Another rumour on Falkirk`s thread. Rovers and Inverness interested in Nathan Austin. Apparently paying more than Livi who had offered him a contract.

You'd think that he'd go to Inverness, as poor as their last two years have been (know how they feel) they undoubtedly have a better set up and about a billion times more chance of being a premier league club in the next few years than we do.

Edited by renton

I wouldn't go as far as saying a stepping stone.

What I will say is unlike, McHattie, Court, Matthews... Vaughan technically doesn't have a relegation on his CV as he wasn't part of the Rovers team to be relegated.

He goes to Dundee, he will more than likely have a relegation on his CV come May 2018. His stock will drop rapidly and he'll be back playing in the Championship next season.

He stays with us and has a promotion on his CV, His stock will go up and he'll get the chance of a much better and more stable team than Dundee for example Hibs, St Johnstone etc.

Eh?!

So we're already promoted and Dundee have been relegated? Quality.

Ridiculous logic there. As things stand Dundee are safe in the Premiership and we're in a play-off place in League One.

Dundee come in and offer him more money, obviously, and the chance to play Premiership football, course he's going to take it. He's hardly going to sit there and worry about the possibility of ending up with a 'relegation on his cv'.

Eh?!

So we're already promoted and Dundee have been relegated? Quality.

Ridiculous logic there. As things stand Dundee are safe in the Premiership and we're in a play-off place in League One.

Dundee come in and offer him more money, obviously, and the chance to play Premiership football, course he's going to take it. He's hardly going to sit there and worry about the possibility of ending up with a 'relegation on his cv'.

Where did I say, that Dundee have been relegated?

I said "more than likely"..meaning IMO.

Callachan had turned down Premiership opposition many times in the past to stay with us. We were told last Summer that Vaughan had done the same.. so why have you already packed his bags for his move to Dundee?

Callachan turned down Ross County, a team always fighting relegation and now he's playing for the team he's supported his whole life. Why wouldn't Vaughan do the same thing?