The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 hours ago, CALDERON said:

The same players who shat it against Brechin also had us something like 18 points clear in 4th the season before.

It cannot be underestimated how much bad coaching and some horrendous attitudes have cost us in the past 18 months.

Not really, I thought you were fairly average in the first part of the season, brought in loaness (Longbridge, Hardie, Leceister Bloke and Connolly) and markedly improved, none of those guys are with you anymore.

2 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Totally agree. On paper, this squad is more talented than the one that won this league in 2009. But who wouldn't prefer the often limited Ferry, Sloan, Walker, Simmons, Wilson and Weir over Barr, Zanatta, Robertson, Matthews, Thomson and Buchanan? And then there were outstanding part-timers like McGurn and Campbell.

It was a fairly basic set of principles which succeeded. Frustrating we haven't replicated it this year.

lol.

15 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Not really, I thought you were fairly average in the first part of the season, brought in loaness (Longbridge, Hardie, Leceister Bloke and Connolly) and markedly improved, none of those guys are with you anymore.

lol.

We were rarely, if ever out of 4th place even when we were average. Benedictus Robertson, Davidson, Matthews and Thomson were all regular features that season.  We would have still finished fourth, just not by as much. 

Anyone have an idea when the playoffs will be? Am I right in thinking it’ll be Tuesday( 1st) / Saturday( 5th) for the semi final then Tuesday(8th) /Sunday(13th) for the final?

Was planning on putting the holidays in for them now that we’re pretty much guaranteed to be in them.

6 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Anyone have an idea when the playoffs will be? Am I right in thinking it’ll be Tuesday( 1st) / Saturday( 5th) for the semi final then Tuesday(8th) /Sunday(13th) for the final?

Was planning on putting the holidays in for them now that we’re pretty much guaranteed to be in them.

May

1/2 Championship play-off semi-finals, 1st leg

5 Championship play-off semi-finals, 2nd leg

8/9 Championship play-off final, 1st leg

12/13 Championship play-off final, 2nd leg

The “Can’t afford to go up” has some logic behind it. There’s a big gap and we would not doubt have to seriously up our wage budget to even have a chance in a relegation battle. Ayr didn’t bother going full time last year as they thought they would go down anyway and had a better chance coming up from League One this season (they were right). Brechin have done the same sort of thing and decided trying to spend a bit to try and stay in that division was futile, as a result they haven’t won a game.

15 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Pretty sure it's Wed Sat both weeks. Final was definitely a Saturday evening last year.

Are you sure? I'm 99% sure Alloa v Brechin 2nd leg last year was on a Sunday? It was defo a Sunday the year before when we beat Stranraer

33 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Are you sure? I'm 99% sure Alloa v Brechin 2nd leg last year was on a Sunday? It was defo a Sunday the year before when we beat Stranraer

It was a Sunday when Cowden skelped the Pars four  years ago as well, but was definitely Saturday tea time last season. 

Not going to affect you though. 

Did you seriously just post a picture of a stand that wasn't even open last night? [emoji38]

Anyway, it was a weak joke to continue the Rovers wee team theme. Don't get too upset by it.

Was more aimed at the empty seats in the stand he was in (granted you cant see much). I'm not upset in the slightest by it. Merely pointing out how weak a joke/wind up attempt it was [emoji38]