The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Kdawg said:

Reading between the lines, if Smith is citing boardroom issues for his resignation, especially if the withdrawal of funds is true, the board are perhaps worried that he may claim constructive dismissal and try and put a claim in. That’s maybe why we are in talks with him.

where are you reading "withdrawal of funds"?

11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I've no idea what technicalities the club are still discussing with Smith but I refuse to even entertain any notion that he could be talked back into the job. That would be awful.

according to Matt Elder on Twitter - discussing his notice period.

Gardening leave doesn’t make any sense in this context. 

If he’s resigned then we won’t be paying him anymore- when (former) employees are on gardening leave they are still on the payroll. 

It’s not like, for example, Formula 1 where he could resign and then go to a rival and tell them all our secrets. 

I can’t think of any reason we’d want to keep him on the payroll to keep him quiet or keep him away from rivals. 

Having said all that, I have no idea why you’d still be talking to someone who has publicly resigned. 

If he’s resigned then we won’t be paying him anymore- when (former) employees are on gardening leave they are still on the payroll. 
It’s not like, for example, Formula 1 where he could resign and then go to a rival and tell them all our secrets. 
I can’t think of any reason we’d want to keep him on the payroll to keep him quiet or keep him away from rivals. 

Having said all that, I have no idea why you’d still be talking to someone who has publicly resigned. 
His contract will state how much notice he must give when resigning. That's his notice period to the club and is contractual. As in any business though, the business can decide to waive the notice period and tell him to go immediately. Such a decision (as is likely) could involve negotiation on how many weeks pay he's due under notice. He remains an employee of the club until his last working day, which will be mutually agreed. But I've not seen his contract, so dunno for sure.

32 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
49 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

His contract will state how much notice he must give when resigning. That's his notice period to the club and is contractual. As in any business though, the business can decide to waive the notice period and tell him to go immediately. Such a decision (as is likely) could involve negotiation on how many weeks pay he's due under notice. He remains an employee of the club until his last working day, which will be mutually agreed. But I've not seen his contract, so dunno for sure.

This

knowing the Rovers they,ll force him to work his notice :lol:

2 hours ago, Kdawg said:

Reading between the lines, if Smith is citing boardroom issues for his resignation, especially if the withdrawal of funds is true, the board are perhaps worried that he may claim constructive dismissal and try and put a claim in. That’s maybe why we are in talks with him.

But surely he'd have to have been sacked to successfully pull that one? Where as he proffered his resignation so...

Bill Clark said he had a good relationship with Smith, he also said he wanted him to stay until next season but perhaps that wasn't the feelings of the rest of the board. My thoughts is Smith has submitted his notice and depending on the terms of that (could be a 1 week could be 6 months, my guess is it'll be at least 2 months) and that'll be what the discussions will be about.  I seriously doubt Smith will be back in the Raith hotseat.

Perhaps not as poisoned a chalice as some think as there has been lot's of interest in the post. Not least from Kev Cuthbert who wants the main job.  

Having had 3 different managers in 3 seasons the club should take it's time to get this one right unlike the last 2 (3 if you count Hughes), I'd be happy to see us let Cuthbert take the reigns for 4 or 6 games, that would allow time to see if he could cut it or not, that would allow us to bring in an assistant to KC either a younger bloke as a player assistant or an old sweat who could guide him. Perhaps John McGlynn could do the job PT and still do some PT scouting for Celtic?

This week is a free kick of the ba for everyone. 

But surely he'd have to have been sacked to successfully pull that one? Where as he proffered his resignation so...
Bill Clark said he had a good relationship with Smith, he also said he wanted him to stay until next season but perhaps that wasn't the feelings of the rest of the board. My thoughts is Smith has submitted his notice and depending on the terms of that (could be a 1 week could be 6 months, my guess is it'll be at least 2 months) and that'll be what the discussions will be about.  I seriously doubt Smith will be back in the Raith hotseat.
Perhaps not as poisoned a chalice as some think as there has been lot's of interest in the post. Not least from Kev Cuthbert who wants the main job.  
Having had 3 different managers in 3 seasons the club should take it's time to get this one right unlike the last 2 (3 if you count Hughes), I'd be happy to see us let Cuthbert take the reigns for 4 or 6 games, that would allow time to see if he could cut it or not, that would allow us to bring in an assistant to KC either a younger bloke as a player assistant or an old sweat who could guide him. Perhaps John McGlynn could do the job PT and still do some PT scouting for Celtic?
This week is a free kick of the ba for everyone. 
To claim constructive dismissal you resign and say you had no option. You claim it was the same as being dismissed.