The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Rover1990 said:

Interesting read in the Record about Macdonads departure.  Was open to going full time for the right financial package and even offered to come in  two days a week if not but it doesn't suit the club.  Its a shame to see a good player like him leave when he is clearly desperate to stay.   Article states that we are due compensation so seems its more that hes been transfer listed than released from his deal.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/hamilton-accies-kilmarnock-interested-signing-24197336

I'd imagine Raith will be wanting someone to come in and buy him for a nominal fee rather than paying him compensation, makes sense. 

24 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Is he a left back or left midfielder? Is he any good? What sort of player is he? Spill the beans! 

We do need a left back so would be pleased to see him come in if he’s decent 

Hes a very good player, and Killie would probably be able to afford his wages considering the parachute you got for being relegated, thats if he really wants to turn full-time, dont have a scooby what his job pays but imagine he'd be better of staying part -time

Didn't realise he was an engineer, he'll be on a decent wedge doing that job I'd imagine. I liked MacDonald but I wouldn't say he's irreplaceable and certainly not worth pushing the boat out for in a financial sense. 

I Personally think Mcglynn  will have to take a punt on someone who maybe part time at the moment  and wants full time football because I just can’t see replacing Macdonald with someone decent who’s currently full time ,No one in this years championship has impressed me 

Edited by basher brash

4 minutes ago, basher brash said:

I Personally think Mcglynn  will have to take a punt on someone who maybe part time at the moment  and wants full time football because I just can’t see replacing Macdonald with someone decent who’s currently full time ,No one in this years championship has impressed me 

We are supposedly after Aaron Taylor-Sinclair so make of that what you will.

4 hours ago, Raithie said:

Didn't realise he was an engineer, he'll be on a decent wedge doing that job I'd imagine. I liked MacDonald but I wouldn't say he's irreplaceable and certainly not worth pushing the boat out for in a financial sense. 

I think his dad has a business installing garage doors or something similar. 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Hopefully we will hear a released list tomorrow with new signings announced on Monday. Only just over 2 weeks until preseason starts.

Aye, I'm starting to become impatient to find out what's happening. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Concerning. Musonda/Spencer are the other two I'm worried about. 

I am of course approaching this from the realms that he's got a better offer. He's a better player than Zanatta. 

Hamilton, I heard.