The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Literally almost every deal is undisclosed these days, this is no surprise. The only surprising thing is the lack of understanding amongst our fans.

Plenty of deals this transfer window with a price tag attached. Rest assured, if this was a great deal for the Rovers, we’d be shouting it from the rooftops. It’s clearly not which is why I suspect we’ve opted for ‘undisclosed’ and the leaked figure is coming from Hibs sources. 

4 hours ago, Offshore Rover said:

Hardly gossip mate. I’m pretty sure if you were good friends with the board you’d be asking them questions. Everyone is desperate to know the clauses of contracts. If you had the chance to ask these questions are you really not going to ask as it’s a contractual matter and none of anyone’s business ? I think not. 

If I was good friends with a football chairman then I wouldn’t pester them for inside info because I’m not a simpering c**t tbh.

I'm old enough to go back to the many sales of young talent such as Jim Baxter to Rangers, Willie Wallace and Willie Polland to Hearts. Jim Thorburn to Ipswich Town, Ian Porterfield to Sunderland, Pat Gardiner and Ian Lister to the dark side in the close season after winning promotion and so on it goes right up to Ziggy and now Dylan. It's always been the way. Dylan Tait has come to the fore and been noticed by a bigger club financially and with a much bigger fanbase in most (but not all cases) as was the examples with those I've selected above.

We've agreed to sell him on for whatever return and reason. Maybe it was a simple case of a clause in the new contract about not standing in his way if an offer came in from a bigger club, perhaps not anticipating any immediate interest so soon after signing the new contract. What I never remember were folks demanding to know as they see it as there entitlement/right as to why football players left the Rovers to sign for other clubs. It's a fact of football life especially modern football life now there are transfer windows in the greater scheme of things. My only concern might be how much might the Rovers benefit from his move to Hibs but I am hoping that we may get an answer to that in due course. I'm certainly not frothing at the mouth demanding to know. Otherwise, I hope he does well for us up to the January window and can only wish him well in his new place of employment.

Time to move on and concentrate on trying to win games with or without Dylan playing.

Plenty of deals this transfer window with a price tag attached. Rest assured, if this was a great deal for the Rovers, we’d be shouting it from the rooftops. It’s clearly not which is why I suspect we’ve opted for ‘undisclosed’ and the leaked figure is coming from Hibs sources. 

Correction - plenty of deals come with a speculated price, pretty much most are undisclosed.

Takehiro Tomiyasu [bologna - Arsenal] Undisclosed

Connor Roberts [swansea - Burnley] Undisclosed

Nikola Vlasic [CSKA Moscow - West Ham] Undisclosed

Jack Hendry [Oostende - Club Bruges] Undisclosed

Eduardo Camavinga [Rennes - Real Madrid] Undisclosed

David Mitchell [Clyde - Hibernian] Undisclosed

Scott McMann [Hamilton - Dundee United] Undisclosed

Giorgos Giakoumakis [VVV-Venlo - Celtic] Undisclosed

Want me to continue? Undisclosed doesn’t mean its a bad deal FFS, it means that one or both parties are wishing not to disclose which can be for a number of reasons. One reason being that the selling club can be held at ransom for a replacement knowing how much cash they’ve just come into.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Whom do you see filling that role? Arnott is young and promising, but seems more an AM and is still too raw, much like Coulson. Coulson is looking alright in League Two, but that’s League Two, and BRS is an enigma so far. Are you assuming we bring someone in?

We need to bring someone in, we should have brought someone in better than BRS when Hendry left, the scenario of selling tait will have been talked about if all summer I’m sure so it makes our recruiting look even worse IMO this year. Yeah tait is still here till January in body but will he really be in mind? If not he is a liability then and the club even more stupid for allowing this to happen. Really taken a few steps backwards this summer as a club

We need to bring someone in, we should have brought someone in better than BRS when Hendry left, the scenario of selling tait will have been talked about if all summer I’m sure so it makes our recruiting look even worse IMO this year. Yeah tait is still here till January in body but will he really be in mind? If not he is a liability then and the club even more stupid for allowing this to happen. Really taken a few steps backwards this summer as a club

If anything this will surely give Tait a boost. He can stop worrying about trying to earn a move and focus on impressing Jack Ross.

5 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Correction - plenty of deals come with a speculated price, pretty much most are undisclosed.

Takehiro Tomiyasu [bologna - Arsenal] Undisclosed

Connor Roberts [swansea - Burnley] Undisclosed

Nikola Vlasic [CSKA Moscow - West Ham] Undisclosed

Jack Hendry [Oostende - Club Bruges] Undisclosed

Eduardo Camavinga [Rennes - Real Madrid] Undisclosed

David Mitchell [Clyde - Hibernian] Undisclosed

Scott McMann [Hamilton - Dundee United] Undisclosed

Giorgos Giakoumakis [VVV-Venlo - Celtic] Undisclosed

Want me to continue? Undisclosed doesn’t mean its a bad deal FFS, it means that one or both parties are wishing not to disclose which can be for a number of reasons. One reason being that the selling club can be held at ransom for a replacement knowing how much cash they’ve just come into.

Want you continue cutting and pasting just the undisclosed and ignoring the plenty on that list with a fee attached? If you wish. Regardless, Tait has a fee reported from unofficial sources. It was £100k. Why would someone lie about the fee? Especially someone from a Hibs source?  Of course it could have been £250,000 or half a million. We’ll never know. 

Edited by roverthemoon

1 hour ago, RRFC1989 said:

Right now £100k could be better invested in the squad if the club choose to help us get the the premiership. Tait isn’t Hendry, he is replaceable.

Tait as I said would struggle to be in our first 11 if everyone was fit. From what I’ve seen of Bowie since he’s left, he’s went from strength to strength.

But we haven’t so far re invested it and from what I hear we aren’t going to either, plus we have a lucrative cup game v Celtic this month so the timing of this deal is what gets everyone and the crappy PR this summer and imo poor recruitment 

1 minute ago, RRFC1989 said:

If anything this will surely give Tait a boost. He can stop worrying about trying to earn a move and focus on impressing Jack Ross.

Will he go in for that 50/50, does he really care if we get beat, his livelihood won’t be affected by relegation? I can’t agree with you buddy tbh but each to there own 👍🏻

Want you continue cutting and pasting just the undisclosed and ignoring the plenty on that list with a fee attached? If you wish. Regardless, Tait has a fee reported from unofficial sources. It was £100k. Why would someone lie about the fee? Especially someone from a Hibs source?  Of course it could have been £250,000 or half a million. We’ll never know. 

I’m merely proving you’re talking pish. Whilst there was a few that had a fee, most were undisclosed. I’m not for one minute doubting its £100k, prices often get leaked but the official stance has to remain silent for contractual reasons.

13 minutes ago, embow said:

I'm old enough to go back to the many sales of young talent such as Jim Baxter to Rangers, Willie Wallace and Willie Polland to Hearts. Jim Thorburn to Ipswich Town, Ian Porterfield to Sunderland, Pat Gardiner and Ian Lister to the dark side in the close season after winning promotion and so on it goes right up to Ziggy and now Dylan. It's always been the way. Dylan Tait has come to the fore and been noticed by a bigger club financially and with a much bigger fanbase in most (but not all cases) as was the examples with those I've selected above.

We've agreed to sell him on for whatever return and reason. Maybe it was a simple case of a clause in the new contract about not standing in his way if an offer came in from a bigger club, perhaps not anticipating any immediate interest so soon after signing the new contract. What I never remember were folks demanding to know as they see it as there entitlement/right as to why football players left the Rovers to sign for other clubs. It's a fact of football life especially modern football life now there are transfer windows in the greater scheme of things. My only concern might be how much might the Rovers benefit from his move to Hibs but I am hoping that we may get an answer to that in due course. I'm certainly not frothing at the mouth demanding to know. Otherwise, I hope he does well for us up to the January window and can only wish him well in his new place of employment.

Time to move on and concentrate on trying to win games with or without Dylan playing.

I’ve no problem with the reality of life as a smaller club. It’s Sim acting the big man and promising folk top tier and European football whilst selling key club assets that’s the problem. Yet another club owner driven by ego. 

But we haven’t so far re invested it and from what I hear we aren’t going to either, plus we have a lucrative cup game v Celtic this month so the timing of this deal is what gets everyone and the crappy PR this summer and imo poor recruitment 

We haven’t had a chance to reinvest the Tait money, nor should we rush.

I do agree that the summer recruitment was somewhat poor but this deal doesn’t impact that.

43 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Broke the news to my 8 year old lad. 

”How much did we get for him Dad?”

”Reckon 100k son”

”Should be getting mare than that for him!”

Even the bairns know it’s a paltry sum.

Club really need to be coming out with some explanation about this because with the week we’ve had - a lot of fans are totally scunnered.

Things that never happened 101

1 minute ago, RRFC1989 said:

I’m merely proving you’re talking pish. Whilst there was a few that had a fee, most were undisclosed. I’m not for one minute doubting its £100k, prices often get leaked but the official stance has to remain silent for contractual reasons.

How exactly am I talking pish? I said plenty of deals have a price tag had a fee attached. Which they do from the unedited list Zen linked to. Yes, plenty are undisclosed but these two facts are not mutually exclusive. 

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

I’ve no problem with the reality of life as a smaller club. It’s Sim acting the big man and promising folk top tier and European football whilst selling key club assets that’s the problem. Yet another club owner driven by ego. 

I may be totally wrong but did he actually promise top tier and European football or was it just perhaps an ambition to try to get to that level? Maybe setting a bar to aim for? If he did indeed make an actual promise then that was maybe not the best thing to have said.

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I do not doubt it, however, could you provide a fee to undisclosed ratio just for clarity, this would justify 'plenty'

Thanks.

Feel free to count them yourself if you want an exact ratio. I was merely countering the assertion that transfers with the fee clearly declared are the equivalent of spotting a snow leopard in the wild. Anyway, it’s all academic as we pretty much know it was £100k