The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd sooner we face Mitchell a chance before bringing Keatings back. I felt the young lad had a positive cameo when he came on. I'd imagine we'll keep a similar line up to Tuesday for the next few weeks and see how it goes.

I tend to agree regarding Mitchell. I'm struggling to see that Keatings would have done any better than Mitchell did on Tuesday. 

Mitchell and Arnott (when healed) are two players I expect to see a good bit more of this year. They are both clearly on JMcG’s list for the next potential stars. If we get Keatings back and Pops and Varian stay, I expect Mitchell will go on loan to a League One side that promises playing time, otherwise Coulson and Mahady will be back out to somewhere besides Cowdenbeath.

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

Mitchell and Arnott (when healed) are two players I expect to see a good bit more of this year. They are both clearly on JMcG’s list for the next potential stars. If we get Keatings back and Pops and Varian stay, I expect Mitchell will go on loan to a League One side that promises playing time, otherwise Coulson and Mahady will be back out to somewhere besides Cowdenbeath.

It'll be interesting to see if McGurn gives Coulson or Mahady game time this weekend now he's caretaker at Cowdenbeath. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

I'd sooner we face Mitchell a chance before bringing Keatings back. I felt the young lad had a positive cameo when he came on. I'd imagine we'll keep a similar line up to Tuesday for the next few weeks and see how it goes.

Aye I agree, I thought Mitchell looked class when he came off the bench. Both feet, lightening quick, and strong. Has real potential.
The work he done when chasing back to win the ball in the build up to our eventual goal against Dunfermline was excellent.

I reckon he’ll play cameos up to January, until we strengthen further up top.

6 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It'll be interesting to see if McGurn gives Coulson or Mahady game time this weekend now he's caretaker at Cowdenbeath. 

Coulson might well get a chance to start something, especially since I believe both Buchanan’s will be suspended (double yellows both, three minutes apart, I believe)…Mahady has been less effective than that and is a better bet for a late entry.

3 hours ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Mitchell will be the next 6 figure sum when the bigwigs come a knocking 

3 hours ago, Enigma said:

Quite possibly. Really excited to see more of the boy after Tuesday.

Call me cynical, but that may be why he isn’t getting much playing time right now…JMcG sees him playing a bigger role next year and also, he’s currently on a MA contract…I’d expect it to be made a full time one by January if what we see is what they see in practice.

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

Coulson might well get a chance to start something, especially since I believe both Buchanan’s will be suspended (double yellows both, three minutes apart, I believe)…Mahady has been less effective than that and is a better bet for a late entry.

If the sending offs were for double yellows, they'll be able to play in the league.

They'll serve their bans in next season's Scottish Cup.

Was at Ayr v Raith when Raith won 2-0 and thought big Kyle Benedictus done well that night. How has he played this season? I know he was captain, is he a real leader?
I'd be very surprised to see anyone say a bad word against him. Why single out bene with your questioning though? He is club captain.